Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 06:12 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times

Advertisements

Just picked up 3,000 rounds of ammo from out of State today. Will order more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 06:17 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I only bash the Rambo folks who see a take away your guns threat around every corner. Seems like you have a very quick temper and probably a lot of weapons.
I have a few

(Don't be scared, it's only a picture)

Old 06-13-2019, 06:24 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
I only bash the Rambo folks who see a take away your guns threat around every corner. Seems like you have a very quick temper and probably a lot of weapons.
It seems like you read something and the interpretation in your head got short circuited. I do have a lot of weapons. I also have one of the higher tolerances to stupid crap, so I've been told I've also been known to help about anyone at anytime for anything.

Please tell us one thing, one little tiny thing that will come from these new laws that will fix anything about a criminal shooting someone. This should be good....

Try not to use, maybe, might, could, perhaps...

Old 06-13-2019, 08:22 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
You folks make up so many outlandish stereotypes about this state it's hilarious.
As do you about gun owners.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:29 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
I don't understand the gun nut objection here. Are you guys suggesting that if a man murders three people in cold blood with a 9 mm pistol, serves 15 years in prison and is then released, that it should be legal and easy for that person to buy ammunition for a firearm? It is already illegal for a violent felon to own a firearm in California, is it not? Do you guys object to that law as well?

And no, I am not afraid of firearms. I used to stand topside on the submarine with a firearm that was loaded and had a round in the chamber. I am qualified on the M16A3 fully automatic rifle as well (we had those on the boat and occasionally I would stand topside with one). You can know about guns and not be a gun nut. It's possible, trust me. This is NOT me in the picture, but this is a picture of a watch I have stood many, many times. (official US Navy photo hosted on wikipedia.)

Old 06-14-2019, 08:47 PM

No, I'm suggesting that this new law does nothing to prevent any crimes, because, now get this, sometimes criminals break the law.

It's just one more step in, death by a thousand cuts aimed at law abiding gun owners like me.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:48 PM

And I'm a sportsmen, not a gun nut.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
No, I'm suggesting that this new law does nothing to prevent any crimes, because, now get this, sometimes criminals break the law.

Ok, so then murder should not be illegal either.

Quote:

It's just one more step in, death by a thousand cuts aimed at law abiding gun owners like me.

Not from me. I'm a moderate. I would never buy a firearm because I have my hands and feet for self defense, but I can understand people doing it and I think people have an individual right to do it.

But a violent felon is NOT a responsible gun owner!!!! Come on, ysr_racer!!!

Old 06-14-2019, 08:57 PM

This law doesn't do anything to prevent you from buying ammunition, as long as you're not a felon. You just do an instant NICS background check just like you would to buy a firearm. I don't see the problem.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I don't understand the gun nut objection here. Are you guys suggesting that if a man murders three people in cold blood with a 9 mm pistol, serves 15 years in prison and is then released, that it should be legal and easy for that person to buy ammunition for a firearm? It is already illegal for a violent felon to own a firearm in California, is it not? Do you guys object to that law as well?
First of all, thank you for your honorable service to our country. It's because of men & women like you we are free to speak our minds (1st amendment).

Now I am going to exercise my 1st amendment, just because you were qualified with a M16 doesn't mean you understand the issues of gun control. You argued from a view point of a CRIMINAL who does not respect what the LAWS say anyway. In the meantime, you ignore the RIGHTS of MILLIONS Law-abiding citizens who buys ammo and guns.

Criminals are going to get guns & ammo from black market anyway. They are not going through the background checks or informing the LEO "Hey I am getting a gun!". This is a stupid law. Guns in the right hands protect lives. Police can not be anywhere to protect you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California