Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 11:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
From Billie at Triple B Clays:

Ammunition Update
Today was our first day with the ammunition approvals.

I called DOJ yesterday with no call back. I received my return call today at 8:09 pm.

Clarification:
To purchase ammunition you must be in the Country legally.

If you purchase ammunition at Triple B Clays to shoot on the range and do not leave the property with "the ammo" (even one shell) you purchased that day, no check is required. If you purchase ammo to take off the property or you take any ammo purchased off the property, you must complete the eligibility check process.

If you are from another state you can purchase ammunition at Triple B, the ammunition can not leave the range. We can store it for you during your visit.

This information will be printed on the receipt and you will be required to sign a document stating you understand the CA Penal Code.

The DOJ will be sending additional updates and I will forward those updates on.

Thanks for your patience.
Billie
I'm confused, I thought approvals were done electronically, are you saying that they call DOJ every time they sell a box of ammo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 06:12 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times
No, it's done electronically. They must have called DOJ work a question.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
looks like ammo will the new Cuban cigars.
Why? It’s not illegal to purchase.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:14 AM

224 posts, read 297,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Stay tuned. This forum is loaded with people who are ready to pull up stakes over the likes. Nevermind the $20 + grand it costs to move and set up a new life and home ....
We moved lock, stock and barrel from California to Michigan at the end of 2011 for about $8,000. Real estate has gone up so much I could not afford to move back to California.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:55 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsworth View Post
We moved lock, stock and barrel from California to Michigan at the end of 2011 for about $8,000. Real estate has gone up so much I could not afford to move back to California.
1. That was 2011. Costs are up.

2. I wasn’t referring to moving furniture and gas to drive. I was referring to: finding new work and housing over time, time between jobs, setting up new accounts / deposits, new licensing/registration, and more.

3. The difference in real estate during that time is alarming, isn’t it?

Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
1. That was 2011. Costs are up.

2. I wasn’t referring to moving furniture and gas to drive. I was referring to: finding new work and housing over time, time between jobs, setting up new accounts / deposits, new licensing/registration, and more.

3. The difference in real estate during that time is alarming, isn’t it?

I and lots of other residents are going to make hundreds of thousands when I move out of state. There's a reason uhaul charges so much to rent a vehicle to leave Ca and practically nothing to move to Ca.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I and lots of other residents are going to make hundreds of thousands when I move out of state. There's a reason uhaul charges so much to rent a vehicle to leave Ca and practically nothing to move to Ca.
Well, great for you. Really. Wishing you the best with using all your equity to star anew.

That said, lots of folks don’t have “hundreds of thousands” of equity dollars ... and spending whatever they do have on the expenses of relocation as I mentioned is money never to be recovered.

But you know me: the more leave the happier I become.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:04 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times
Quote:
Well, great for you. Really. Wishing you the best with using all your equity to star anew.

That said, lots of folks don’t have “hundreds of thousands” of equity dollars ... and spending whatever they do have on the expenses of relocation as I mentioned is money never to be recovered.

But you know me: the more leave the happier I become.
Imagine how happy we'd all be if you left?

Old 07-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Imagine how happy we'd all be if you left?
Quite sure nothing would make the band of whiners on these forums happy. Just not in your DNA.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:27 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,999 times
Californians did not vote to repeal gas tax. Don't complain if you voted for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California