U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-13-2019, 08:37 PM
 
1,211 posts, read 560,338 times
Reputation: 2717

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I don’t think I have that much to add to a California forum anymore, .
You'd be surprised. A lot of times LA or OC or CA threads get nostalgic.."We used to...." I LOVE reading those posts from people who, for example, may have grown up in the San Fernando Valley when I was growing up there.
Busch Gardens
Phases New Wave Dancing
The Ozone Disco
Lockheed and Hughes presence before they pretty much bailed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2019, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX, born + raised SF Bay
4,345 posts, read 1,713,291 times
Reputation: 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
You'd be surprised. A lot of times LA or OC or CA threads get nostalgic.."We used to...." I LOVE reading those posts from people who, for example, may have grown up in the San Fernando Valley when I was growing up there.
True. Maybe I should hit up the Bay Area more.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 08:38 PM
 
Location: So Ca
20,984 posts, read 18,583,975 times
Reputation: 18187
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
The initial post implied ex Californians had no business posting. I disagree. If someone has been here 69 years and then moves, he STILL has a lot of goodness to add.
That is not at all what the original post said. Re-read it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 08:40 PM
 
1,211 posts, read 560,338 times
Reputation: 2717
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
That is not at all what the original post said. Re-read it.
OK, it is a little different:

"Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 10:02 PM
 
Location: On the water.
17,585 posts, read 10,041,358 times
Reputation: 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Bingo. The only occasion on which it is acceptable for whites to speak collectively as whites is to apologize.

Meanwhile, leading college processors, the leaders of our youth, get away with comments like these:
  • “We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him, Our devil has pale skin and blue eyes”, Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas at Arlington
  • "We have to exterminate white people off the face of the planet." - Kamau Kambon, Professor of African-American Studies
  • “Racist White woman I could kick your face, puncture both eyes. You deserve this kind of violence.”, Haunani-Kay Trask, professor of Hawaiian Studies.
  • "Okay, officially, I now hate white people" James Livingston, Professor of History, Rutgers University
  • “Let whites F***ing Die.” Trinity College Professor Johnny Eric Williams
  • All self-identified white people (no exceptions) are invested in and collude with systemic white racism/white supremacy, Trinity College Professor Johnny Eric Williams
  • “when the whites were massacred during the Haitian revolution, that was a good thing indeed” Professor George Ciccariello-Maher, Drexel University
  • "The key to solving the social problems of our age is to abolish the White race."- Noel Ignatiev, Harvard Professor
  • "Abolish the White Race as a social group." ---Derrick Bell, Harvard Law School Professor
How do you determine any of these “professors” are “leading college professors”, and “leaders of our youth”? And how do you define them “getting away with” the statements you quoted?

You have provided no links to the statements you quote. Fact is, searches come up with little to no evidence of these “professors” or these statements you quote. What does come up for some of them are a handful of freelance blogger sites from extremists and several Russian links.

Seems that your list of quotes, in fact, comes from a pro-racism site called, quaintly, “4racism”. So obscure an extremist screed site that it’s not even got a Wikipedia review. Lol.

Your agenda is showing. As always.

This is textbook hate trolling.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX, born + raised SF Bay
4,345 posts, read 1,713,291 times
Reputation: 3831
So. California. Gone 15 years. Aqueducts still flowing? I5 still as boring as ever, with occasional dairy smell blasts?

Drove through last December. It’s still recognizably California, but different from what I knew. Bay Area is unashamedly spilling out into the Central Valley. And FFS the rents even there are colossal!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
38,073 posts, read 17,913,505 times
Reputation: 27973
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
2sleepy, you can't comment on my posts, and I don't read your posts, because you take offense too easily when people disagree with you, remember?
It's obvious that you read my post or you wouldn't have written this ^
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 10:21 AM
 
Location: On the water.
17,585 posts, read 10,041,358 times
Reputation: 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
How about the pervasive attack by the left on the 'white conservative male' ? We see constant virtue displays of liberals on TV or social media professing their shame for being born white. Then, some non whites complaining about how everything bad in their life is all about white privilege. Constant snickers by the left on Trump's 'orange' skin, what if a skin tone issue was made about Obama, would that be just hilarious too?

I don't know what the true agenda of the progressive left is, what with all the hate on the pale skin, but it's blatant racism, and anyway, 'racism' as a word has now been flung by the left on every single person who has not sworn fealty to the Squad, and so now this overused and worn out term is about a serious a charge as calling someone by the wrong last name.

I am enjoying the emergence of the black conservatives on FB, Insta and Twitter... more and more are emerging and fighting back these stereotypes of progressive black people claiming all the crap they are claiming. These conservatives pop their hot air balloons quite effectively.
1. Entertaining how you and so many conservatives portray so many liberals as “professing shame for being born white”. Hilarious, really. Anti-racists - ideology of zero importance - aren’t ashamed for being born white ... they express dismay at shameful racist behaviors and ignorance.

2. “White privilege” is both real and oppressive as hell. Any notion otherwise is phenomenally ignorant of history, psychology, and social anthropology.

3. Does Obama alter his skin “tone” / color in a vain attempt to enhance his appearance? (One of your funniest ever attempts to discredit ... lmfao) ... now, does Chump?

4. If you can’t identify “the true agenda of the progressive left” how can you identify it as racism? What a ridiculous failure of cognition!

5. Charges of racism have been “flung” around quite a lot longer than “the Squad” has existed, let alone been a hyperbolic target of ignorant ideologues.

6. You don’t consider the term “racism” overused and worthless because of over use ... you consider it worthless because you don’t accept the facts underlying its realities.

7. Of course you are enjoying the emergence of black conservative media loudmouths: they delightfully feed your biases with confirmations of your mind-set. Emphasis on the word “set”.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale
1,331 posts, read 552,368 times
Reputation: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
1. Entertaining how you and so many conservatives portray so many liberals as “professing shame for being born white”. Hilarious, really. Anti-racists - ideology of zero importance - aren’t ashamed for being born white ... they express dismay at shameful racist behaviors and ignorance.

2. “White privilege” is both real and oppressive as hell. Any notion otherwise is phenomenally ignorant of history, psychology, and social anthropology.

3. Does Obama alter his skin “tone” / color in a vain attempt to enhance his appearance? (One of your funniest ever attempts to discredit ... lmfao) ... now, does Chump?

4. If you can’t identify “the true agenda of the progressive left” how can you identify it as racism? What a ridiculous failure of cognition!

5. Charges of racism have been “flung” around quite a lot longer than “the Squad” has existed, let alone been a hyperbolic target of ignorant ideologues.

6. You don’t consider the term “racism” overused and worthless because of over use ... you consider it worthless because you don’t accept the facts underlying its realities.

7. Of course you are enjoying the emergence of black conservative media loudmouths: they delightfully feed your biases with confirmations of your mind-set. Emphasis on the word “set”.
Meh, you are seeing all responses through your progressive mindset. To learn one must view an issue objectively, not emotionally. Maybe take another toke?

Yes I know your retort before you even type it, but go ahead anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 11:22 AM
 
Location: On the water.
17,585 posts, read 10,041,358 times
Reputation: 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Meh, you are seeing all responses through your progressive mindset. To learn one must view an issue objectively, not emotionally. Maybe take another toke?

Yes I know your retort before you even type it, but go ahead anyway.
Hilarious irony that you, who can’t comment on anything without vilifying left ideology, should talk about “objectivity”.

Yes, my retort cut and pasted from the Orange County thread applies:

I don’t have a “progressive world view.” When my scientifically supported views are also views held by progressives, you assign me to that grouping rather than simply acknowledge the validity of the position. I don’t hold any views because they are “progressive” left. However some progressive positions are in agreement with science ... so yes, sometimes there is overlap. Has nothing to do with ideology.

You can’t process the concept of independent, logical analysis.

“Ideologies are a poor excuse for lazy intellects.” - Tulemutt (the famous 10,000 year old anthropologist.)”


And yes, “Meh”. Once again you fail to support any of your own blather as rebutted by me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top