U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 06:57 PM

13,172 posts, read 8,205,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
I wouldn't call it racism as much as disappointment at being reduced to a minority.

Otherwise, you are 100% correct and it's completely understandable.

The US used to be 90% white before Ted Kennedy and LBJ pushed the 1965 Hart Celler Act through. It's about 63% white now, and estimated 50% by maybe 2042 and as low as 30% by 2060 with indigenous Hispanics at almost 50%. The US as a whole will become browner, less educated, poorer and less globally competitive. As whites become a minority, their unique identity, culture, character, heritage and social fabric disappears. (This is happening and Europe too.) ALL people have these same exact desires.

Do you think Japan (or Poland or Finland or Korea or Mexico or Chili or Ethiopia or Haiti or China or ...) would allow itself to go from 90% Japanese to 30% Japanese in 100 years? ANY COUNTRY? No way man. It's only white societies which are expected to absorb dissimilar people. California is a generation ahead of the rest of the US.

Source: The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects
Well, as a member of a group that is a minority, my heart just really bleeds for you...

Maybe now you gotta learn some lessons that they were supposed to teach you in kindergarten -

1) how to share

2) respect other people's backgrounds
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 07:54 PM

611 posts, read 898,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
1. Entertaining how you and so many conservatives portray so many liberals as “professing shame for being born white”. Hilarious, really. Anti-racists - ideology of zero importance - aren’t ashamed for being born white ... they express dismay at shameful racist behaviors and ignorance.

2. “White privilege” is both real and oppressive as hell. Any notion otherwise is phenomenally ignorant of history, psychology, and social anthropology.

3. Does Obama alter his skin “tone” / color in a vain attempt to enhance his appearance? (One of your funniest ever attempts to discredit ... lmfao) ... now, does Chump?

4. If you can’t identify “the true agenda of the progressive left” how can you identify it as racism? What a ridiculous failure of cognition!

5. Charges of racism have been “flung” around quite a lot longer than “the Squad” has existed, let alone been a hyperbolic target of ignorant ideologues.

6. You don’t consider the term “racism” overused and worthless because of over use ... you consider it worthless because you don’t accept the facts underlying its realities.

7. Of course you are enjoying the emergence of black conservative media loudmouths: they delightfully feed your biases with confirmations of your mind-set. Emphasis on the word “set”.
With regards to racism on the left... I've heard plenty of it. They won't be public about it, but many "progressives" do hold such views, a lot like conservatives. How do I know this? When such people meet me and find out that I'm gay and Jewish and well-educated, they'll assume I'm on "their side" and will be more comfortable showing what they really think. I routinely hear Trump's constituents being called trailer trash and poor white trash and even people espousing overt discrimination against them to make things right in their mind. I have heard gloating over the opioid epidemic and how after the crack epidemic was not given the attention it deserved, this was just desserts. These same people often have a Trump-like obsession with being victimized, and will divide humanity into the "good" groups who are being persecuted and the "bad" groups who are responsible for all of the problems of the world. These issues are never far from the forefront of the minds. From my standpoint they are very similar to Trump and their supporters. To me Elizabeth Warren is just Donald Trump with twice the IQ.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:15 PM

1,331 posts, read 558,280 times
"To me Elizabeth Warren is just Donald Trump with twice the IQ."

Not a bad assessment, actually.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:18 PM

1,331 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Hilarious irony that you, who can’t comment on anything without vilifying left ideology, should talk about “objectivity”.

Yes, my retort cut and pasted from the Orange County thread applies:

I don’t have a “progressive world view.” When my scientifically supported views are also views held by progressives, you assign me to that grouping rather than simply acknowledge the validity of the position. I don’t hold any views because they are “progressive” left. However some progressive positions are in agreement with science ... so yes, sometimes there is overlap. Has nothing to do with ideology.

You can’t process the concept of independent, logical analysis.

“Ideologies are a poor excuse for lazy intellects.” - Tulemutt (the famous 10,000 year old anthropologist.)”

And yes, “Meh”. Once again you fail to support any of your own blather as rebutted by me.
You can deny being a progressive ideology slave, but you talk like a duck, so a duck you are, whether you think you are the swan or not. It's OK, keep telling yourself you aren't. The reader can and have made up their own minds. Our individual opinions don't matter. Your words set you up.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:50 PM

1,046 posts, read 450,188 times
They obviously miss it. I guess their new home cities aren't all they claim them to be. LOL.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:30 PM

7,899 posts, read 5,513,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
They obviously miss it. I guess their new home cities aren't all they claim them to be. LOL.
Well if you ever make it to California you bad mouth all of the out of state posters you want. But until then you’re still in North Carolina so you don’t know what it’s like to live in California. At least the former Californians who moved out have experienced living in California as well as another state and can make comparisons whereas you can’t. As I said before you should relish all comments good or bad so you can make better decisions.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:54 PM

4,398 posts, read 1,628,573 times
OP, I don't live in LA city, or County. Is it ok for me to post there?

Old 08-17-2019, 08:55 PM

17,589 posts, read 10,086,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Let us know when and if you intend to get off the lectern.
As long as ignorance runs rampant I’ll be here to help educate those who want to escape the swirling toilet of ideologies. Attendance is, of course, not mandatory, so you are free to continue running around in circles with your head in a hole if that’s your preference.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:01 PM

4,398 posts, read 1,628,573 times
Quote:
As long as ignorance runs rampant I’ll be here to help educate those who want to escape the swirling toilet of ideologies. Attendance is, of course, not mandatory, so you are free to continue running around in circles with your head in a hole if that’s your preference.
The fallacy being you believing you are correct and people ignorant of your opinions. For example "it's too expensive" "well live in a boat", like that's a thing.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:11 PM

17,589 posts, read 10,086,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The fallacy being you believing you are correct and people ignorant of your opinions. For example "it's too expensive" "well live in a boat", like that's a thing.
“People ignorant of my opinions”? What does that mean?

I don’t post a lot of opinions, max. I post facts and logic.

And I pretty much have never suggested other people should live on boats.
It can be way less expensive, if a person knows how to go about it and is attracted to the odd lifestyle. But it would never work for 99.5% of the population.

So wtf are you talking about? Do you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California