U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:08 PM

631 posts, read 320,023 times

Advertisements

As a former california resident, I was going to comment on why I would 'still post on why former califs. post'.
But looks like this thread went down that slippery slope and has become a Keyboard boxing match.

curious if you involved in bickering are getting red faced as well, or even past Ca, residents ?????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 05:24 PM

17,585 posts, read 10,081,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
'wtf' contains the 'f' word, and so I think all such posts should be removed.

Moderator? Tsk, tsk, 'Mutt. You really need to debate in civil and polite terms.
It's generally more effective. Generally.
Unless you subscribe the Trump school of debate, which it almost seems like you do.
Well, that won an election, so maybe you have your reasons.
Not sure what business it is of yours that I confront another poster who is trolling me with off topic fictions?

That said, I’m quite sure I can go back and cite numerous examples of you responding to posts of mine in less than civil terms.

Wtf = “what the folderol”.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:31 PM

1,331 posts, read 557,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Wtf = “what the folderol”.
You are probably serious, too. Well, here is some more Internet knowledge you may not have picked up on since you're probably still accessing the web via Netscape and a dialup modem from your boat mooring. There is this site called the urban dictionary and you can find out what these TLA's mean. And the f does not stand for folderol, aren't you terribly shocked at what you've been saying now?

BTW, even from your mooring or slip, there is this thing called 'WiFi' and it magically can transport bits back and forth through the ether using radio waves like Marconi predicted might happen someday. This WiFi can go faster than your phone line anachronism.

If I did in fact respond in less than civil terms, then I truly apologize. I have respect for your opinions, not agreement, but respect.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
You are probably serious, too. Well, here is some more Internet knowledge you may not have picked up on since you're probably still accessing the web via Netscape and a dialup modem from your boat mooring. There is this site called the urban dictionary and you can find out what these TLA's mean. And the f does not stand for folderol, aren't you terribly shocked at what you've been saying now?

BTW, even from your mooring or slip, there is this thing called 'WiFi' and it magically can transport bits back and forth through the ether using radio waves like Marconi predicted might happen someday. This WiFi can go faster than your phone line anachronism.

If I did in fact respond in less than civil terms, then I truly apologize. I have respect for your opinions, not agreement, but respect.
Lol. As we exchange posts this evening, I am doing so through cell service camped on an island in Puget Sound.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:46 PM

353 posts, read 160,160 times
Quote:
'wtf' contains the 'f' word, and so I think all such posts should be removed.

Moderator? Tsk, tsk, 'Mutt. You really need to debate in civil and polite terms.
It's generally more effective. Generally.
Unless you subscribe the Trump school of debate, which it almost seems like you do.
Well, that won an election, so maybe you have your reasons.
You were one of of those really obnoxious tattletales in grade school. I can tell.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
You were one of of those really obnoxious tattletales in grade school. I can tell.
Wow. Did you make detective yet?

Old 08-19-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Lol. As we exchange posts this evening, I am doing so through cell service camped on an island in Puget Sound.
That actually sounds like a not too bad way to spend time. Enjoy.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:57 AM

4,397 posts, read 1,627,451 times
Quote:
And once again, wtf does any of this have to do with this thread?
You come off as arrogant and abrasive is really the point.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You come off as arrogant and abrasive is really the point.
Yes. Thank you for finally getting to the root of your off-topic trolling ... get over me and get into sensible analysis of topics.

Ever think about how sometimes a dog will walk down the street and wag tail at another dog then bare teeth at a third? Life is like that. There’s folks here that really enjoy my posts ... and folks that don’t. There’s always the “Ignore” feature for you

Old 08-19-2019, 11:48 AM

3,411 posts, read 8,562,751 times
I was born in San Francisco and lived most of my school years and working career years in CA. I've been to all the counties, and I've lived in SF Bay Area, Orange County and Sacramento. My maternal great-grandparents moved to Southern Cal in the 1890s and early 1900s. My paternal grandmother moved from Chicago to CA in 1918 as a WW1 era widow with her 2 young children (my father and aunt).

My great great grandmother had a first cousin, Jedediah Smith. He was the first US citizen to arrive in California by land from points east. There is a state park and a river in Northern Cal named after him.

Just like anyone born in the USA is an American, anyone born in California is a Californian, even if they go live elsewhere later in life. Just the way it is, meaning we might have something to say about a place we have roots in and lived in for a long, long time. My current address is temporary, but where I am from is permanent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California