U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 01:22 PM

4,411 posts, read 1,635,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. Thank you for finally getting to the root of your off-topic trolling ... get over me and get into sensible analysis of topics.

Ever think about how sometimes a dog will walk down the street and wag tail at another dog then bare teeth at a third? Life is like that. There’s folks here that really enjoy my posts ... and folks that don’t. There’s always the “Ignore” feature for you
Not trolling, just the truth. Sorry bub.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 01:52 PM

17,599 posts, read 10,107,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Not trolling, just the truth. Sorry bub.
I just exposed your accusations as fictional. It’s preserved in CD Forum cyberspace ... you can’t un-post what you wrote that I corrected ... and which you subsequently deny again and again. Reminds me of your hero at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Wash., D.C. and his crowd size claims.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:37 PM

5,615 posts, read 2,583,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.

Why does the Vietnamese community still fly the South Vietnam flag here? I mean....they should have won, especially with US backing. Yet the communists came in and took their homes, businesses and scattered their families.

Whether it was outsourcing, technology or regulation that changed, those factors cause several industries to die. While others rose anew, the people employed in those industries didn't necessarily have a relevence in the new economy of their respective areas. The government certainly cares little about specific industries.

They may feel like their home was ripped away from them.

Alternatively, they may have come to adopt their new culture and realize some of the stuff done here is fairly ludicrous and only in California, and simply afforded by the sheer wealth being invested in the state.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:11 PM

4,411 posts, read 1,635,679 times
Quote:
I just exposed your accusations as fictional. It’s preserved in CD Forum cyberspace ... you can’t un-post what you wrote that I corrected ... and which you subsequently deny again and again. Reminds me of your hero at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Wash., D.C. and his crowd size claims.
You didn't expose anything, you wrote what you wrote, trying to pass off BS. Trump syndrome is strong here. Lol.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
You didn't expose anything, you wrote what you wrote, trying to pass off BS. Trump syndrome is strong here. Lol.
Max, get on topic. I just quoted the opinions you wrote and my corrections to them are linked.

Here’s what you wrote that you are referring to:
Quote:
Such a strange thing to say when it's middle class that's leaving and poors that are increasing.

Also Californians:

F the poors, they can leave/We welcome and protect illegal aliens (uneducated unskilled poor people)

Lol
Here’s my response that you are referring to.
Quote:
Who told you that? Trump? Lol.
Quote:
Low-income folks moved out, high-income folks moved in
People making $55,000 or less a year were mostly moving out of California between 2007 and 2016, the report found, while people making more than $200,000 a year moved in.

More of those residents with lower income were moving to states like Texas, Nevada and Arizona. And more of those with higher incomes were coming into California from states like New York, Illinois, and New Jersey.

Young people with less education also left California
California families with children under 18 years of age moved out in droves to states like Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon. California also lost a lot of people with a high school degree or some college education in this span.

On the flip side, California gained more adults between ages 26 and 35, many with bachelor’s or master’s degree — mostly from New York and from Illinois.

With this, the face of California is changing into one that looks wealthier and middle-aged.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html

Also, look up California’s undocumented numbers here, lowest since 1995 ... steady decline:

https://www.pewhispanic.org/interact...orized-trends/
Do you now want to continue to argue, off topic, that you didn’t opine (above) that the “poors are increasing” and that Californians “welcome and protect illegal aliens (uneducated unskilled poor people)”?

... And that in fact I responded with the linked information showing the poor are moving out ... and that illegal immigration is down?

Old 08-19-2019, 04:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 2,530,923 times
Quote:
Max, get on topic. I just quoted the opinions you wrote and my corrections to them are linked.

Here’s what you wrote that you are referring to:

Here’s my response that you are referring to.

Do you now want to continue to argue, off topic, that you didn’t opine (above) that the “poors are increasing” and that Californians “welcome and protect illegal aliens (uneducated unskilled poor people)”?

... And that in fact I responded with the linked information showing the poor are moving out ... and that illegal immigration is down?
55k is considered low income in Ca in lots of other states that's middle income. So to most people in the US the middle class is leaving and only the elites can survive here

Old 08-19-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
55k is considered low income in Ca in lots of other states that's middle income. So to most people in the US the middle class is leaving and only the elites can survive here
Be that as it may be, it does not support the claim that max made about the poor increasing, which I subsequently corrected. The majority of California out migration is low income demographic.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:45 PM

18,173 posts, read 12,605,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
People making $55,000 or less a year were mostly moving out of California between 2007 and 2016, the report found, while people making more than $200,000 a year moved in.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html

Middle Class Income in 2019

Based on Pew Research Center data for the 2017 fiscal year within the Center's parameters, an income range of $41,000 and $132,000 is considered to be middle class. Most 2019 reports have been based on the Pew Research Center report using 2017 data. Additionally, other reports using Pew data conclude that a middle class four-person household would be in the range of $46,960 to $140,900 in income.

https://www.thestreet.com/personal-f...class-14833259

Old 08-19-2019, 09:00 PM

357 posts, read 163,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Wow. Did you make detective yet?
Am I wrong

Old 08-19-2019, 10:00 PM

13,437 posts, read 11,725,420 times
A lot of us left for financial or other reasons even though we still love the state. I don’t post here much anymore but still pay attention to what’s happening, as it’s still the best of the 50 states (even if your average person can’t afford to live on the coast anymore).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California