U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 05:56 AM

21,414 posts, read 18,959,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
As far as hate/bashing Ca....again who cares. They live there you live here. Maybe they couldn’t hack it maybe they got a better job more money suck parent, wife wanted to be closer to family etc. Their politics aren’t your politics. Let them think or say whatever they want go on with your life. Opinions are like bellybuttons everyone has one.
Good points, although the California bashing does bother a lot of residents here (myself included). Another thread, now closed, about this: //www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ifornians.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 06:36 AM

77,813 posts, read 92,137,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.

for heavens sake,why not. Most of us think we have something to offer whether we live there or somewhere else, not to mention this is a public website and anyone can post just to give an opinion. If you don't want to hear the other side of a story, you don't have to read it. BTW, people who post their anti liberal views have every right to post as do those who support the liberal views and states. When we were ready to re-locate we welcomed hearing both sides of how people felt about the state we were considering. don't think your post makes much sense. I would think you would want to hear how those who used to live in a place feel as well as those who still live there.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:38 AM

2,176 posts, read 2,640,796 times
IDK. It's a message forum. People do a lot of things that irritate the hell out of me. Among them:
  • Thread crapping A: You see someone ask a question because they are looking for advice. You have to slog through a hundred "me too. I've got the same question" replies before seeing a useful attempt at an answer. You think that's bad here, it's a hundred times worse on the Facebook "Help(less)" page.
  • Thread crapping B: Someone throws in an anecdote about something totally unrelated, e.g. someone asks for a good place to throw a birthday party and someone chimes in with something like "this reminds me of my friends wedding where the bride tripped on the dance floor". What does your experience have anything to do with what the OP is asking?
  • People quote an earlier reply. Word for word. Over and over and over and over. Only to respond with a one or two word answer. There's seldom any need to repeatedly quote the same text. It just fills up the page.

But I don't kvetch about it. I just scroll on or back out and find another topic. Same thing here I guess. People post because....they LIKE to post. If you can't handle it, then maybe YOU are the problem. Not the people you are complaining about. That's just how active message forums are.

And for the record: Lifelong Californian here. Born and raised in the LA area but been living in the Central Valley for the last decade.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:27 AM

1,204 posts, read 597,749 times
Hopefully the OP has had his question answered. Might I suggest simply looking at content and stop worrying about where people are from as it's irrelevant. In addition, those that are overly sensitive to a difference of opinion tend to call things "bashing". In reality, many of the comments are simply someone else's perspective based on their experience. Some people need to get over this and stop being so defensive.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:22 AM

1,331 posts, read 571,774 times
if OP gets back to leaning very hard progressive left, he/she/shim/sher will likely get more screenwriting jobs.
Just sayin.

Also, sometimes, as I am writing, we come back to California to visit family/relatives still stuck here.
In San Diego now, at Pacific Beach. I see things have not improved on the homeless front. Some sad cases out here, lots of addicts.
Pacific Beach is really getting beat up. Houses and the condition of the general area seem to be on a slide downwards.
I'm measuring on a year by year basis, since we've been visiting for nearly a decade.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:36 AM

40,846 posts, read 36,670,485 times
I for one am glad the ex's drop to answer questions. I don't plan on living here forever so they have helped answer a lot of questions.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:38 AM

8,027 posts, read 5,614,669 times
California is so big and diversified that many opinions will vary depending on where you live. Life in the Sierras is different than life in the central,valley, so cal, nor cal, , etc. you want as many posters because there are so many variances.
Even though I don’t live in California any longer, I did spend over 55 years of my life there so i know it fairly well. I moved away just over three years ago, but visit California for about 6 weeks every year so I still see what’s. Going on there. But now I can make comparisons to life there versus where I am here. I’m in the south now and the op is still living in the south. I would think they would value my opinions since I’ve lived in both areas and can compare both good and bad and not consider an out of state poster like myself a brasher and not be allowed to post in the California forum.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:08 AM

77,813 posts, read 92,137,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
California is so big and diversified that many opinions will vary depending on where you live. Life in the Sierras is different than life in the central,valley, so cal, nor cal, , etc. you want as many posters because there are so many variances.
Even though I don’t live in California any longer, I did spend over 55 years of my life there so i know it fairly well. I moved away just over three years ago, but visit California for about 6 weeks every year so I still see what’s. Going on there. But now I can make comparisons to life there versus where I am here. I’m in the south now and the op is still living in the south. I would think they would value my opinions since I’ve lived in both areas and can compare both good and bad and not consider an out of state poster like myself a brasher and not be allowed to post in the California forum.
The thing that amazes me is: he/she doesn't even live in Ca and for all he/she knows may not ever live. I wonder if they have even visited yet?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:50 PM

3,050 posts, read 3,657,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.

A lot of them are bitter Trumpist Republicans, and lash out at the state.

They liked California when it was majority-Anglo, and they had cheap labor (mostly Latinx people). They just didn't like it when the labor started asking for driver's licenses, health care and better wages. And they didn't like when the labor started voting in people that looked like them to represent them.

A lot of it is pure and simple racism.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:52 PM

1,964 posts, read 2,512,365 times
Why do former Californians still post in CA forums?

Envy, pure and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California