U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2019, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Piedmont, CA
34,139 posts, read 58,865,589 times
Reputation: 17451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Honestly, if I moved out of CA I would not post here. I would regard my past life in CA as history and not relevant to my life. But some people have unresolved issues. With that said, slow dodge does offer good content
Yeah I would just like move on with my life in my new place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2019, 02:34 PM
 
1,204 posts, read 590,118 times
Reputation: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
A lot of them are bitter Trumpist Republicans, and lash out at the state.

They liked California when it was majority-Anglo, and they had cheap labor (mostly Latinx people). They just didn't like it when the labor started asking for driver's licenses, health care and better wages. And they didn't like when the labor started voting in people that looked like them to represent them.

A lot of it is pure and simple racism.
Sure. Everyone's a racist

How convenient.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Unhappy Valley, Oregon
1,082 posts, read 683,386 times
Reputation: 1840
Some of us enjoy sharing our perspective. I also post on the Minnesota and Colorado forums since I have lived there too. I simply enjoy posting regardless of where I currently live.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Studio City, CA 91604
3,051 posts, read 3,618,076 times
Reputation: 5850
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
Sure. Everyone's a racist

How convenient.

Calling a spade, a spade. It's not my fault if you don't accept it.


Sort of like...AOC is proposing nothing short of what was proposed by FDR's administration in the New Deal era, but because she's a Latinx woman, she catches a lot of hatred from Republicans.

What do you call that? If it's not racism, then what is?

As I said, nobody hated California and bashed it to the extent it's happening now, when the state was 80%+ Anglo white.

Now that the state is plurality Latinx and Democratic-leaning, it is bashed incessantly by Anglo Trump supporters.

Just the facts, Sir.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 02:55 PM
 
1,211 posts, read 564,736 times
Reputation: 2717
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
A lot of them are bitter Trumpist Republicans, and lash out at the state.

They liked California when it was majority-Anglo, and they had cheap labor (mostly Latinx people). They just didn't like it when the labor started asking for driver's licenses, health care and better wages. And they didn't like when the labor started voting in people that looked like them to represent them.

A lot of it is pure and simple racism.
I wouldn't call it racism as much as disappointment at being reduced to a minority.

Otherwise, you are 100% correct and it's completely understandable.

The US used to be 90% white before Ted Kennedy and LBJ pushed the 1965 Hart Celler Act through. It's about 63% white now, and estimated 50% by maybe 2042 and as low as 30% by 2060 with indigenous Hispanics at almost 50%. The US as a whole will become browner, less educated, poorer and less globally competitive. As whites become a minority, their unique identity, culture, character, heritage and social fabric disappears. (This is happening and Europe too.) ALL people have these same exact desires.

Do you think Japan (or Poland or Finland or Korea or Mexico or Chili or Ethiopia or Haiti or China or ...) would allow itself to go from 90% Japanese to 30% Japanese in 100 years? ANY COUNTRY? No way man. It's only white societies which are expected to absorb dissimilar people. California is a generation ahead of the rest of the US.

Source: The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 03:03 PM
 
Location: On the water.
17,585 posts, read 10,078,297 times
Reputation: 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
I wouldn't call it racism as much as disappointment at being reduced to a minority.

Otherwise, you are 100% correct and it's completely understandable.

The US used to be 90% white before Ted Kennedy and LBJ pushed the 1965 Hart Celler Act through. It's about 63% white now, and estimated 50% by maybe 2042 and as low as 30% by 2060 with indigenous Hispanics at almost 50%. The US as a whole will become browner, less educated, poorer and less globally competitive. As whites become a minority, their unique identity, culture, character, heritage and social fabric disappears. (This is happening and Europe too.) ALL people have these same exact desires.

Do you think Japan (or Poland or Finland or Korea or Mexico or Chili or Ethiopia or Haiti or China or ...) would allow itself to go from 90% Japanese to 30% Japanese in 100 years? ANY COUNTRY? No way man. It's only white societies which are expected to absorb dissimilar people. California is a generation ahead of the rest of the US.

Source: The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects
Lol. “Browner” to you = “less educated, poorer and less globally competitive.”. Nah, nothing racist here folks ... just move along ... lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 03:35 PM
 
Location: NNV
2,955 posts, read 1,972,566 times
Reputation: 5726
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Calling a spade, a spade. It's not my fault if you don't accept it.


Sort of like...AOC is proposing nothing short of what was proposed by FDR's administration in the New Deal era, but because she's a Latinx woman, she catches a lot of hatred from Republicans.

What do you call that? If it's not racism, then what is?

As I said, nobody hated California and bashed it to the extent it's happening now, when the state was 80%+ Anglo white.

Now that the state is plurality Latinx and Democratic-leaning, it is bashed incessantly by Anglo Trump supporters.

Just the facts, Sir.
Wow. Talk about bitter...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 07:06 PM
 
Location: A Place With REAL People
2,935 posts, read 5,721,257 times
Reputation: 4110
AOC's plan isn't in the same world as Roosevelt. There was NO discussions about race. It was about elevating the American public to a better level.......and it involved WORK.........NOT sitting on one's duff expecting the cash to flow into their bank accounts free of charge. And quite frankly if I wanted to live in Mexico I'd move there. Back then in a very heavy way, it was ALL about being an "American" not destroying all the country was founded upon and ran by from it's inception. There were not groups trying to undo all that made the foundation of this country up in terms of what was it's constitution and laws. These days (and yeah particularly in California) they are trying to completely rewrite the constitution. Ain't gonna happen
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 07:19 PM
 
1,211 posts, read 564,736 times
Reputation: 2717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol. “Browner” to you = “less educated, poorer and less globally competitive.”. Nah, nothing racist here folks ... just move along ... lol.
It's not racist if it is true.
YES or NO: Do YOU actually think the immigration of indigenous Hispanics to California has raised the academic levels of the state or raised California's global competitiveness?
The average Hispanic graduates (if he graduates) high school at the same reading and math levels as the average white 8th grader.
30% of English Learners are 3rd generation Hispanics.
Like I wrote above, it isn't racist if it is true.

Sources:
A Profile of Hispanic Public School Students
Hispanics and Education - The Pew Charitable Trusts
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2019, 07:34 PM
 
1,204 posts, read 590,118 times
Reputation: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Wow. Talk about bitter...
Yep
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top