Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 03:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 4,148,219 times

Advertisements

If you are born in CA you’re a Californian, if you grew up there too. Bonus if your parents were born there too. You could live on the North Pole and youd still be more of a Californian than some ******* who moved there 3 years ago from New Jersey or Minneapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 07:46 PM

1,210 posts, read 883,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I spent most of my life in California
Plus you probably have lots of good insight into things, how things have changed, history, culture. I find it interesting posting with people who may have attended the same schools or danced at the same clubs, etc.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
“On both sides”? Has a familiar ring to it ... did somebody else in the news says something about people on “both sides” recently ???
Yes, and if you read the entire dialog, what was said was true and reasonable.

I challenge you to find fault with what Trump said:

Old 08-09-2019, 11:08 PM

21,677 posts, read 16,211,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Yes, and if you read the entire dialog, what was said was true and reasonable.

I challenge you to find fault with what Trump said:

Take it to P&OC forum, bubba ... there are plenty folks there who will school you. You’re off topic here.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:41 AM

816 posts, read 917,623 times
Quote:
“On both sides”? Has a familiar ring to it ... did somebody else in the news says something about people on “both sides” recently ???

Um, anyway ... I’m intrigued. Can you supply any information about “racist progressives”? Isn’t that an oxymoron?
I remember a "both sides" thing from over a year ago. Is that recently? Maybe to Laker fans who want to believe their team was relevant "recently". However, a year isn't recent for current events.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:43 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,529,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am a Trump supporter...

And I will add more thing, none of us, who have left by choice are bitter or hate CA, nor are we jealous.
You must be speaking for yourself? That's not the case with 95%+ of the rest of you.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
I remember a "both sides" thing from over a year ago. Is that recently? Maybe to Laker fans who want to believe their team was relevant "recently". However, a year isn't recent for current events.
Lol. That depends on one’s age, Bear. For many things, 10 years ago is “recent” to me.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:40 PM

1,336 posts, read 921,223 times
Quote:
Um, anyway ... I’m intrigued. Can you supply any information about “racist progressives”? Isn’t that an oxymoron?
If you don't see the vast amount of progressives exhibiting bias about people because of their skin color, then you are not being objective. Part of the pervasive lack of critical thinking and reasoning we see on the left.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
If you don't see the vast amount of progressives exhibiting bias about people because of their skin color, then you are not being objective. Part of the pervasive lack of critical thinking and reasoning we see on the left.
You are evading my honest question: examples of liberal racists / racism, please. If you mean liberals are racist because they most often defend minorities, say so. If you mean there are liberals who denigrate and discriminate based on race, say so and identify examples please. Liberals are mostly known to defend minority races.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Can you supply any information about “racist progressives”?
Affirmative Action
Quotas
Racial Preferences
"Bonus" SAT points for college admission

All of those are based on race and are necessarily racist.

"Harvard sends recruitment letters to African-American, Native American and Hispanic high schoolers with mid-range SAT scores, around 1100 on math and verbal combined out of a possible 1600, CNN reported. Asian-Americans only receive a recruitment letter if they score at least 250 points higher — 1350 for women, and 1380 for men."

from

Harvard trial opens with challenge to recruitment practices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California