U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 05:29 PM

3,662 posts, read 1,321,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You apparently did not read the OP. His question had nothing to do with censorship.

Why do former Californians still post in CA forums?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
What a bizarre interpretation
You think Why do former Californians still post in CA forums? is a 'bizarre interpretation' of the thread titled Why do former Californians still post in CA forums??

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 06:45 PM

1,204 posts, read 598,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
You think Why do former Californians still post in CA forums? is a 'bizarre interpretation' of the thread titled Why do former Californians still post in CA forums??
Bizarre interpretation of the original post in its entirety? Of course it is. Try reading it. It's pretty much a no brainer as to what the intent was. Post #70 sums it up quite nicely.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:24 PM

38,308 posts, read 18,295,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
If "claiming" to hate is the only way to demonstrate racism, then you have a good point. On the other hand, blacks and Hispanics have not been "denied jobs, an education, access to financing, or being treated differently by law enforcement" in generations. In fact, it's the opposite with affirmative action, quotas, racial preferences, bonus SAT points for college admision.

Now, which races hate which races? Would hate crime data be an indication? What about interracial crime?
In the FBI’s 2017 hate crimes report, blacks are overrepresented as offenders. They account for 26.1 percent of those cases in which the race of the perpetrator was known, meaning that blacks were 2.4 times more likely than non-blacks to commit hate crimes.
Of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of violence involving blacks and whites, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites.
Blacks are therefore up to 250 times more likely to do criminal violence to whites than the reverse.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at approximately three times the white rate. Hispanics are a hate crime victim category but not a perpetrator category. Hispanic offenders are classified as whites, which inflates the white offense rate and gives the impression that Hispanics commit no hate crimes.
Please stop it, this is just more racist screed. Whether or not you are a racist is not for me to decide but you manage to insert many fabricated or exaggerated statistics into nearly all of your posts to show that ethnic minorities are not as smart, clever, honest or special as white folk. (you even admitted using fake metrics several days ago, remember?
Quote:
That's why I use it and most of my "made up" metrics are 69 of something since that's my favorite number.
You post FBI statistics and then misquote them, claiming that it says that 26.1% of the perpetrators of hate crimes were black when the link clearly shows that number to be 21.3%. Why lie about something that you posted a link to? Not to mention how curious it is that you failed to mention that 48.6% of all hate crimes are perpetrated by offenders with an anti-black bias.

Then in the same paragraph you quote some nonsense bout 90% of interracial crimes being committed by blacks, it's clear that you were trying to make people think that data was from the FBI, but it's actually a cut /paste from a 1999 publication put out by the "New Century Foundation" a racist organization Founded by Jared Taylor who in 2005 said:

“Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears.”

It seems that the last two 'tidbits' of information also came from the same source, the "New Century Foundation" No source for it in their magazine, just foul made up crap designed to stir up racial animus.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 08-11-2019 at 09:19 PM..

Old 08-11-2019, 08:34 PM

1,211 posts, read 577,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Please stop it, this is just more racist screed. Whether or not you are a racist is not for me to decide but you manage to insert many fabricated or exaggerated statistics into nearly all of your posts to show that ethnic minorities are not as smart, clever, honest or special as white folk. (you even admitted using fake metrics several days ago, remember?

You quote some FBI statistics and then misquote it, claiming that it says that 26.1% of the perpetrators of hate crimes were black when the link clearly shows that number to be 21.3%. Why lie about something that you posted a link to? Odd how you fail to mention that 48.6% of hate crimes are perpetrated by the offenders anti-black bias.

Then in the same paragraph you quote some nonsense bout 90% of interracial crimes being committed by blacks, it's clear that you were trying to make people think that data was from the FBI, but it's actually a cut /paste from a 1999 publication put out by the "New Century Foundation" a racist organization Founded by Jared Taylor who in 2005 said:

“Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears.”

It seems that the last two 'tidbits' of information also came from the same source, the "New Century Foundation" No source for it in their magazine, just foul made up crap designed to stir up racial animus.

You sir should be ashamed.
Charges of racism are not a form of debate; they are meant to silence debate. Accusations of racism are often transparent attempts to choke off honest discussion.

It's not racist if it is fact based. All those data points are legitimate.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:38 PM

38,308 posts, read 18,295,725 times
Quote:
Charges of racism are not a form of debate; they are meant to silence debate. Accusations of racism are often transparent attempts to choke off honest discussion.

It's not racist if it is fact based. All those data points are legitimate.
No sir, they are not legitimate, and I was very careful to make that clear. And I don't think there should be any place in these forums for racism and apparently the moderators of this forum agree with me:

Quote:
Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated.
//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Last edited by 2sleepy; 08-11-2019 at 09:43 PM..

Old 08-11-2019, 09:01 PM

3,356 posts, read 785,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
So by your definition, people of color can't be racists in the United States. Riiiight...

They can, and many are, but almost always to their disadvantage in the end. On the other side of color line, the practice of racism by a racist can work very well in one's favor as long as they are clever in going about it.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:09 PM

8,897 posts, read 14,339,870 times
Screenwriter, I'm in Kentucky and have never been to California, but saw your thread posted on the main page. There is a man who lived here in Kentucky, moved to California, but kept posting on Kentucky berating just about everything that anything mentioned. He's nothing but the poster child for Preparation H. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the same person you're talking about. He changed his name 2 or 3 times in the Kentucky threads. If it's the same person, you have my sympathies, but we don't want him back!

Old 08-12-2019, 01:47 AM

1,204 posts, read 598,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Screenwriter, I'm in Kentucky and have never been to California, but saw your thread posted on the main page. There is a man who lived here in Kentucky, moved to California, but kept posting on Kentucky berating just about everything that anything mentioned. He's nothing but the poster child for Preparation H. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the same person you're talking about. He changed his name 2 or 3 times in the Kentucky threads. If it's the same person, you have my sympathies, but we don't want him back!
Cool story Bro

Old 08-12-2019, 08:27 AM

77,813 posts, read 92,178,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Racism is when you're the majority race -- or the one which has the most historical advantages -- and you're trying to prevent people of other races from achieving equal or greater success. In other words, your opposition to the listed programs could be racist.
Where in the heck did you get that idea or meaning of racism? It certainly was not from the dictionary. Racism to most of us, is any group of one person who thinks another group or one person is below them or should not have the same rights as they have. I have known many minority people who are every bit as racist as majority groups of people. When you judge someone based on their color, religion, sexual orientation or gender you are a racist or bigot if you would rather use another term.

I will add however, this post has sure taken on new meaning from what the OP posted. BTW where is the OP looks like they have vanished. Well not vanished but vanished from the thread. They are posting elsewhere

Last edited by nmnita; 08-12-2019 at 08:37 AM..

Old 08-12-2019, 09:29 AM

999 posts, read 382,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.
Because many of us still have friends and/or family there and have an interest in the state. Some have property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California