Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 06:23 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,554,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Racism is when you're the majority race -- or the one which has the most historical advantages -- and you're trying to prevent people of other races from achieving equal or greater success. In other words, your opposition to the listed programs could be racist.
Wrong again. Are you just making things up?
Just like the mutt did, here is the definition of racism

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

There is nothing there that says anything about a majority race. Why do you persist in using non facts in your posts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 09:03 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Wrong again. Are you just making things up?
Just like the mutt did, here is the definition of racism

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

There is nothing there that says anything about a majority race. Why do you persist in using non facts in your posts?
Racism is world wide and ... which "race" is the largest, which is second largest and ... ?

Old 08-13-2019, 12:58 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,745,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
They can, and many are, but almost always to their disadvantage in the end. On the other side of color line, the practice of racism by a racist can work very well in one's favor as long as they are clever in going about it.
No. It never works out well. Both ways.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:05 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You are evading my honest question: examples of liberal racists / racism, please. If you mean liberals are racist because they most often defend minorities, say so. If you mean there are liberals who denigrate and discriminate based on race, say so and identify examples please. Liberals are mostly known to defend minority races.
How about the pervasive attack by the left on the 'white conservative male' ? We see constant virtue displays of liberals on TV or social media professing their shame for being born white. Then, some non whites complaining about how everything bad in their life is all about white privilege. Constant snickers by the left on Trump's 'orange' skin, what if a skin tone issue was made about Obama, would that be just hilarious too?

I don't know what the true agenda of the progressive left is, what with all the hate on the pale skin, but it's blatant racism, and anyway, 'racism' as a word has now been flung by the left on every single person who has not sworn fealty to the Squad, and so now this overused and worn out term is about a serious a charge as calling someone by the wrong last name.

I am enjoying the emergence of the black conservatives on FB, Insta and Twitter... more and more are emerging and fighting back these stereotypes of progressive black people claiming all the crap they are claiming. These conservatives pop their hot air balloons quite effectively.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:09 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
How about the pervasive attack by the left on the 'white conservative male' ? We see constant virtue displays of liberals on TV or social media professing their shame for being born white. Then, some non whites complaining about how everything bad in their life is all about white privilege. Constant snickers by the left on Trump's 'orange' skin, what if a skin tone issue was made about Obama, would that be just hilarious too?

I don't know what the true agenda of the progressive left is, what with all the hate on the pale skin, but it's blatant racism, and anyway, 'racism' as a word has now been flung by the left on every single person who has not sworn fealty to the Squad, and so now this overused and worn out term is about a serious a charge as calling someone by the wrong last name.

I am enjoying the emergence of the black conservatives on FB, Insta and Twitter... more and more are emerging and fighting back these stereotypes of progressive black people claiming all the crap they are claiming. These conservatives pop their hot air balloons quite effectively.
I'm not aware of this pervasive attack but your question makes me wonder if these mean people who are doing all of this attacking are attacking Trump style conservatism or race because you conflated both in your sentence and as far as I know disliking a political philosophy is not racism or reverse racism or whatever you want to call it

Old 08-13-2019, 07:12 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,722,080 times
Why is this thread about Trump and racism?

Thought it was about why us ex-Californians still post on the California board.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:22 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,300 times
2sleepy, you can't comment on my posts, and I don't read your posts, because you take offense too easily when people disagree with you, remember?

jcp123, yes, as usual, threads get hijacked to the same ole issues.

Makes city-data increasingly boring. I check back here less and less. No intelligent and honest conversation, well, except in the Arizona boards where we actually talk about real issues appropriate to this forum.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:29 PM

1,210 posts, read 887,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Why is this thread about Trump and racism?

Thought it was about why us ex-Californians still post on the California board.

You are correct and I admit I am guilty. (Moderators should probably step in and put this back on the tracks.) The initial post implied ex Californians had no business posting. I disagree. If someone has been here 69 years and then moves, he STILL has a lot of goodness to add.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:33 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
2sleepy, you can't comment on my posts, and I don't read your posts, because you take offense too easily when people disagree with you, remember?

jcp123, yes, as usual, threads get hijacked to the same ole issues.

Makes city-data increasingly boring. I check back here less and less. No intelligent and honest conversation, well, except in the Arizona boards where we actually talk about real issues appropriate to this forum.
Sad but true. The original question is lost. Political rant and the actual post turned into such, makes it a waste of time.You can see the drop in posts now.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:33 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,722,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
You are correct and I admit I am guilty. (Moderators should probably step in and put this back on the tracks.) The initial post implied ex Californians had no business posting. I disagree. If someone has been here 69 years and then moves, he STILL has a lot of goodness to add.
Hey, fair answer. Gotta day after nigh on 15 years of being away, I don’t think I have that much to add to a California forum anymore, though. I miss the dang place but not enough to move back or intimately keep up with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California