Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 01:11 PM

1,336 posts, read 912,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
California is definitely not for everyone and that really is a good thing. As the most populous state in the nation and growing, its just better than some don't move there at all while others find another state better aligned with their personal goals and priorities.

I've known many gun advocates/owners in CA who are happily living there including hunters, active duty military, law enforcement, etc... While the laws are stricter than other states, it doesn't stop them from enjoying their lifestyles which includes these hobbies and interests. But if owning banned weapons like assault rifles or bump stocks are high on your priority list, then absolutely, another state is better choice for you. And I think most Californians would agree. However, if you move for that reason and then a federal ban goes into law you'd be back where you started.

Derek
No such significant population of gun owner in California. You are faking that claim. And most assuredly, not 'many'. However, several liberals I know went out and bought semi auto lowers or full rifles before the ban curtain came down. Talk about hypocrisy!!!

No you cannot enjoy hunting anymore in CA, because you know it's coming to an end. More and more regulations are designed to slowly choke off hunting, the latest of which is lead free bullets which makes absolutely zero sense. Stupid DFG... don't they know our tag fees pay their salaries?

And it's nice of you to wave away my constitutional rights and interests with a wave of your hand, because you don't live that life style. It's always easy to forego rights, when they are those exercised by others.

Oh, and assault rifles are not available for sale anywhere in the USA. What you think is an assault rifle is a semi-auto rifle, vaguely related by looks and parts to a full-auto assault rifle. Please educate yourself. What makes them attractive to us for defense, hunting and competition is they are light and compact. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 02:23 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,465,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
No such significant population of gun owner in California. You are faking that claim. And most assuredly, not 'many'. However, several liberals I know went out and bought semi auto lowers or full rifles before the ban curtain came down. Talk about hypocrisy!!!

No you cannot enjoy hunting anymore in CA, because you know it's coming to an end. More and more regulations are designed to slowly choke off hunting, the latest of which is lead free bullets which makes absolutely zero sense. Stupid DFG... don't they know our tag fees pay their salaries?

And it's nice of you to wave away my constitutional rights and interests with a wave of your hand, because you don't live that life style. It's always easy to forego rights, when they are those exercised by others.

Oh, and assault rifles are not available for sale anywhere in the USA. What you think is an assault rifle is a semi-auto rifle, vaguely related by looks and parts to a full-auto assault rifle. Please educate yourself. What makes them attractive to us for defense, hunting and competition is they are light and compact. That's all.
Wow! Talk about fake facts! Hunting is alive and well in CA. I have a 1000 rounds, all jacketed lead. I support steel shot as lead poisons the land. Gads! If you cant kill a deer at 100 yards with steel shot, you have no business hunting. I shoot for sport and to hone my skills just in case.
One of my liberal friends supports gun rights and owns four hand guns

Old 09-08-2019, 03:33 PM

11,088 posts, read 7,831,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
If the country is gravitating away from facilitating people living life on their terms, the liberty to practice their beliefs again, on their terms and the pursuit of happiness for everyone here, then we do suck.
Bunch a Mumbo jumbo.... the opportunity exists. My mom always said.... “Can’t doesn’t do anything”.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:46 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,903,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Canada has a way better public school system that has not been gutted by private and charter schools like in the U.S. Also, college is cheaper up there and healthcare is is accessible to everyone. You don't have the deep pockets of poverty, the huge gaps between rich and poor. It's more middle class up there. And really it's only the big cities like Toronto and Vancouver that are expensive...everywhere else is relatively affordable. In my mind, Canadian and California taxes are about the same, but it seems like you get more bang for your money up in Canada.
Why? Because illegal immigrants in California pull the rest of the state down financially and skew all the stats! Canada gets more skilled immigrants!

Old 09-08-2019, 05:44 PM

10,280 posts, read 8,435,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Income tax in California is progressive, for a single person earning 40k a year the income tax is almost the same in California as in Arizona, $1006 in California vs $943 in Arizona

Sales tax in Phoenix is 8.6% in Sacramento County it's 7.75%

Gas in Phoenix is $2.75, in Sacramento County it's $3.03

Auto insurance varies so much by company and zip code that I'm not sure you can make a comparison by location. We live in a zip code with a lot of accidents but we pay $1100 a year for full coverage on two vehicles 50,000/100,000 liability and $250 comprehensive/collision deductible - but AAA wanted $2400 for the same coverage.

From what I can see, saving money wouldn't be a great reason to move to Arizona. I'm not saying that it's a bad place or that people shouldn't move there but there are other states that have lower tax and cheaper gas if that's what you're looking for. And there's the costs of heating/cooling. No one told us when we moved to Reno that heating a 2900 sq ft house with 11 foot ceilings would cost $400 a month for about 5 months out of the year, and I'm sure that people moving to Arizona probably aren't ready for the sticker shock of their utility bill in the summer.
Sure if you want to cherry pick areas. Numerous cities in California are 9.5+ % sales tax topping Phoenix.
Arizona also has progressive tax for income. 90k a year is taxed at 2834 while in California the amount is 5203, quite a bit more.
Gas in Phoenix is 2.75, 3.48 in San Jose.
I’m just saying I find it hard to believe the poster is paying less in California than Phoenix all other things being equal. As far as paying more but enjoying California more, I have no argument with that.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:48 PM

8,174 posts, read 16,562,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
No such significant population of gun owner in California. You are faking that claim....
You are so clueless about CA its actually comical? It's funny how some think they are educated on things like guns then make totally unsubstantiated claims. Take a look at the real numbers and compare them to your wild fantasies. CA has more registered gun owners than all other states in nation except for TX and FL.

Number of registered weapons in the U.S. in 2019, by state

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 09-08-2019 at 05:56 PM..

Old 09-08-2019, 05:51 PM

10,280 posts, read 8,435,178 times
Quote:
You are so clueless about CA its actually comical? It's funny how some think they are educated on guns then make totally ridiculous claims. Take a look at the real numbers and compare them to your wild fantasies. CA has more registered gun owners than all other states in nation except for TX and FL.

Derek
I wonder how the numbers look if you add in unregistered guns.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:08 PM

8,174 posts, read 16,562,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I wonder how the numbers look if you add in unregistered guns.
I'm sure the ATF and FBI have some estimated statistics on this. But obviously there is a large black market out there dealing in illegal weapons that do not want to be counted.

Derek

Old 09-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
You are so clueless about CA its actually comical? It's funny how some think they are educated on things like guns then make totally unsubstantiated claims. Take a look at the real numbers and compare them to your wild fantasies. CA has more registered gun owners than all other states in nation except for TX and FL.

Derek
Yo derek dude, I've lived in CA, with firearms, for longer than you have lived, judging from the youthful exuberance in your post, and I forgot more about guns, than 10x of what you'll know by the time you graduate from junior college.

Here's a little factoid to research: how many of those guns in your stats are now banned semi-auto rifles, making their owners newly appointed felons?

Old 09-08-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Wow! Talk about fake facts! Hunting is alive and well in CA. I have a 1000 rounds, all jacketed lead. I support steel shot as lead poisons the land. Gads! If you cant kill a deer at 100 yards with steel shot, you have no business hunting. I shoot for sport and to hone my skills just in case.
One of my liberal friends supports gun rights and owns four hand guns
Haha... fake hunter. Nobody hunts deer with steel shot ?!?!? What the heck are you even talking about?

We use copper solids, clown, to keep legal with DFG rules.

And why should the number of your ammo store be pertinent? Any clown can get ammo, even still with CA's new laws, if they just have some patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California