Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 09:01 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times

Advertisements

I'm finding her ranting on Twitter against Trump irritating. I guess that's what they decided they should do, hoping to grab some Republican votes, but I wish they'd focus on positive stuff they can do moving forward, instead of buying into the blame game. As much as I love Kamala, I can't read her tweets anymore. It's all about being angry and blaming. Ugh, wearing me out.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:01 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,674,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Kamala Harris gave us homosexual marriage. She refused to defend Prop. 8 as Calif. attorney general to the US supreme court.
How is "homosexual marriage" (aka "giving everyone equal rights") hurting anyone?

If refusing to enforce a discriminatory referendum is the "worst" thing Ms. Harris has done in her professional life, she's way ahead of the rest of the pack.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:11 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
How is "homosexual marriage" (aka "giving everyone equal rights") hurting anyone?

If refusing to enforce a discriminatory referendum is the "worst" thing Ms. Harris has done in her professional life, she's way ahead of the rest of the pack.
It’s not hurting anyone. I’m conservative, but it’s not my business who marries who.

Listening to my liberal friends and some posts I’ve read here, they have an issue with Harris’s role as a prosecutor. For the more liberal posters here, is that a problem?

Old 05-14-2020, 08:47 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Listening to my liberal friends and some posts I’ve read here, they have an issue with Harris’s role as a prosecutor. For the more liberal posters here, is that a problem?
No; it's just that she can be SO combative. But she may be our next V.P., so we'll see. I'd hate to see her leave her current position, since she's such a fierce defender of our state in D.C.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No; it's just that she can be SO combative. But she may be our next V.P., so we'll see. I'd hate to see her leave her current position, since she's such a fierce defender of our state in D.C.
Really? It didn’t seem like she did anything but get into office as a senator and then spend her time running for the presidency.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:25 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Really? It didn’t seem like she did anything but get into office as a senator and then spend her time running for the presidency.
You forgot to mention the part where Tulsi Gabbard basically ended any hope of her gaining traction on the national level by absolutely destroying her on national TV.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:36 AM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
You forgot to mention the part where Tulsi Gabbard basically ended any hope of her gaining traction on the national level by absolutely destroying her on national TV.
Yes that was fun to watch. I can't see why Biden would choose her... Actually I can. It's because she ranks high on the intersectional scale. But he'd be an idiot to do so. As NoSnowForMe said, she's combative and irritating. She also called him racist at one of the debates. Why he'd reward her after that I can't understand. He'd be a lot better off with someone more palatable like Klobuchar or even Gabbard, both of which went further than Kamala.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:07 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Yes that was fun to watch. I can't see why Biden would choose her... Actually I can. It's because she ranks high on the intersectional scale. But he'd be an idiot to do so. As NoSnowForMe said, she's combative and irritating. She also called him racist at one of the debates. Why he'd reward her after that I can't understand. He'd be a lot better off with someone more palatable like Klobuchar or even Gabbard, both of which went further than Kamala.
Kamala Harris is just extremely unlikable on the national level. Did she ever poll over single digits during her run? Doubt it.

Besides a general lack of policies that have any appeal across the country as a whole, her sordid history in SF politics, and as the California AG are ripe targets for anyone she would be running against. It's not like Tulsi is some genius who planned in great detail how to just eviscerate Kamala on national TV. She literally just went into Kamala's widely available public career record on her conduct as DA of San Francisco/AG of California and cherry picked the best and most destructive parts, and then unleashed them in front of a CNN live audience.

It's not like Kamala isn't a smart person, she's extremely intelligent and vicious, not a character you want to be going against on any level. But as you saw her soul slowly leaving her body during Tulsi's assault, you could tell she was trying her hardest to come up with a response that wouldn't have her come off as the most despicable inhuman ghoul that Kamala actually is, but she failed miserably because it's an impossible task.

How can you defend putting 1500 people in jail for marijuana violations, while trying to claim you're some sort of saint angel of legalization in the state of California?

How can you defend an AG illegally extending prisoner sentences to keep prisoners as cheap state labor?

How can you defend an AG purposefully suppressing evidence that could save a man's LIFE on death row?

As Tulsi said, when Kamala was in a position to fix and repair the justice system in California, she chose willingly to pervert it and corrupt it. For any normal human being with even the slightest bit of moral worth, Kamala is a reprehensible and terrible human being who deserved even more than the lashing that Tulsi gave her.

Honestly, you or I could have done the same exact thing and probably have been just as effective in completely destroying Kamala's chances of ever gaining office on the national level.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:14 AM

Another thing to remember is that the VP would be the President due to the dementia issue.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:30 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
He's not going to pick her. He doesn't need the black vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies