Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 02:42 PM

38 posts, read 43,687 times

Advertisements

yes we certainly don't want to live in a desert that I see a lot. especially where there is a lot of work and nice and quiet living. But a street where the houses are opposite you just a street where it lives and children are outside and where there are shops in the area .... mr5150. may I ask which area you live in California. How high is the property there . what is the minimum wage in California . And there is plenty for boys to do there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 03:04 PM

Nmnita yes those places what you list. I think is a property of $ 5000 and more on a house of at least $ 200.00. or is it income dependent the property tax have also heard that car ownership is expensive insurance and Personal property on a 3 year old car

the San Diego and surrounding areas, Sac, all of the bay area, San Francisco, and the surrounding areas, the coast of Ca from Marin county down to San Diego, all have decent starting home prices above $200,0

Old 09-20-2019, 07:07 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto33 View Post
I think is a property of $ 5000 and more on a house of at least $ 200.00. or is it income dependent the property tax have also heard that car ownership is expensive insurance and Personal property on a 3 year old car
David gave you a link upthread to homes in your price range. The biggest issue in all of those areas is finding a job that is within a commutable distance. And CA has Prop 13, so property taxes on a $200 K home will run you around $2,000 per year minimum. And yes, auto registration and insurance are higher than in many other states.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 PM

60 posts, read 60,687 times
Imperial County.

Old 09-21-2019, 03:09 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,945,215 times
Rosamond, CA and Yucca Valley, CA.

Old 09-21-2019, 04:27 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times
This house may fill the bill. It's less than 2 hours from a nice beach.

https://www.sdlookup.com/MLS-1900303...rings-CA-92004

Old 09-21-2019, 10:13 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,833 times
The mountain communities of the San Bernardino Mountains still has some nice homes to be had for under $200K. You’ll have to deal with some snow (it varies year to year), you’ll most likely will have to commute off the hill to Riverside or San Bernardino for work (most do), but in 1.5-2.5 hours (non rush hour) you can be to most places in Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego.

We have a place up there (we’re actually heading up there now, once my wife finishes getting ready, lol) and I could easily live there full time because you’re still so close to everything Southern California has to offer. Not only that, you’re just a short 20-30 minute drive off the hill during winter if you want some warmth. I see my neighbor up there every weekend during the winter throw his golf clubs in his trunk while wearing shorts, often when it’s freezing and/or snowing out, to go play golf off the hill where it’ll be in the 60-70’s+.

Good luck with your search. If you’re willing to make some concessions you can do it with a housing budget of $200K. Oh yeah, I have no idea what a previous poster was talking about in regards to paying more here in property tax than he would for something similar in another state, nothing could be further from the truth. Like a different poster mentioned it’s 1% of your purchase price, plus any bonds, and it can only go up a max of 2% a year. A good rule of thumb, and we have places in two different counties to back this up, is that your property tax will be +/- 1.25%. This can change greatly in newly built neighborhoods with mella roos, but that won’t be applying to you. If it seems high now, it certainly won’t in 5-10-20+ years. Once again, good luck.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:28 AM

Yes thanks this is the house what we want. delve into the area for a moment to see if there is enough to do. And important enough work we also do not want to drive 50 to 100 mille

Old 09-21-2019, 10:42 AM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto33 View Post
Are there any places in California where you can buy a house up to $ 200,000 and where the property tax is low? How high is the Personal property .And Untilities per month? . We would like to move to California but cannot find all the information.Who can answer these questions for us I would really appreciate it Thanks in advance Kind Regards Annet

Modesto in the Central Valley. Lots of houses in the 200K range. Utilities could be a problem as it gets really hot in the summer. And there is reportedly a major gang problem in the area. Not a lot of jobs outside of the agricultural sector.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
The mountain communities of the San Bernardino Mountains still has some nice homes to be had for under $200K. You’ll have to deal with some snow (it varies year to year), you’ll most likely will have to commute off the hill to Riverside or San Bernardino for work (most do), but in 1.5-2.5 hours (non rush hour) you can be to most places in Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego.

We have a place up there (we’re actually heading up there now, once my wife finishes getting ready, lol) and I could easily live there full time because you’re still so close to everything Southern California has to offer. Not only that, you’re just a short 20-30 minute drive off the hill during winter if you want some warmth. I see my neighbor up there every weekend during the winter throw his golf clubs in his trunk while wearing shorts, often when it’s freezing and/or snowing out, to go play golf off the hill where it’ll be in the 60-70’s+.

Good luck with your search. If you’re willing to make some concessions you can do it with a housing budget of $200K. Oh yeah, I have no idea what a previous poster was talking about in regards to paying more here in property tax than he would for something similar in another state, nothing could be further from the truth. Like a different poster mentioned it’s 1% of your purchase price, plus any bonds, and it can only go up a max of 2% a year. A good rule of thumb, and we have places in two different counties to back this up, is that your property tax will be +/- 1.25%. This can change greatly in newly built neighborhoods with mella roos, but that won’t be applying to you. If it seems high now, it certainly won’t in 5-10-20+ years. Once again, good luck.
Property taxes depend so much on Prop 13 so they could vary considerably. I will also add, you talk about homes in the San Bernardino mountains, are we talking about family type homes in populated family resident neighborhoods with lots of kids etc or are we talking mainly summer or winter vacation homes? There is a huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California