Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2020, 12:41 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,310,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Not at all. Yes, it’s happening all over the country. We’ve had our local politicians make statements, but Newsom has been completely silent as far as I know.*
Will it help if he did speak out? No, probably not. But he is the governor and his silence can be interpreted as callous or poor leadership.*
The virus thing has made this worse than it would have been without it, so it’s more important to come out and show some leadership. Maybe he’s just hanging out in the bunker with Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
On top of being shut down by Newsom (his fault) for months. Now magically all the "social distancing", "stay home, stay safe", and "stupid protesters spreading the virus, just wait for a spike in 2 weeks"... all went out the window as soon as ANTIFA and BLM started looting en masse. Now those same people (who you can read about their complaints in the coronavirus thread) haven't said a peep, and are silent as a dead mouse.*
I hope some of these businesses manage to pull through, but damn. Makes me almost happy that I got out when I did.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/u...rotests.html**
While Mr. Newsom did speak out it is a totally different attitude*than when he threw his tantrum on protestors just a few weeks ago who were just merely asking for their livelihoods back as well as not to close beaches not under his jurisdiction*and for local governments who were overzealous on the color of the state's order.*

Apparently the mainstream news stopped condemning people for not sealing themselves up to prevent spread of virus, and the twenty four hour non stop coverage is now just a few minutes a day.*
Quote:
Has anyone actually seen Newsom? LA Stores on fire, getting looted, protest all over the state. Curfews being imposed.*
Where is Newsom?
Apparently the rule of law and constitution has disappeared into authoritarianism and governmental anarchy quite many ways these days for many governments*world wide*and in quite a number of areas in the US this*especially been*made apparent since this COVID fear started in March for everywhere outside China. Its almost like the "purge" for constitution*rule is being rolled out around the world. Apparently for some reason the pandemic somehow exploded only in March in every country outside China whether the country next door(i.e Vietnam, Japan)* or*half way*around the world, or how much or how little if any contact with China. Almost like its an orchestrated act.*

I thought didn't it used to be Counties at least in California had limited power and its limited to unincorporated areas?* That is except when charter cities voluntarily outsource to the surrounding county supervisors, i.e Library service, water service, Sheriff, fire department, restaurant health inspections etc. Thus examples I know of counties that passed bans on fast food kids meals but the ban does not apply to McDonalds in city limits. Or that some counties such as Santa Clara or Los Angeles banned plastic bags but you could still get them for free in cities that did not pass bans of their own. Though why counties now insist it can push charter cities around too?

I be curious whether this incitement to violence and looting is a false flag operation to justify unlimited government powers just as with so called radical shooters that shoot away rescue helicopters In New Orleans during Katrina back in 2005 leading to "Martial law" and forced relocations of homeowners.* I better hope normal citizens are not arrested around this state or country for walking their dogs or running a necessary errand something not in anyway involved with protesting, especially in the outskirts of urban/suburban areas far removed from the activities, despite the sad fact opportunists continue their destructive activities downtown with impunity and police can barely get a handle nor arrest them. I mean people cannot be forced to be glued to the news alerts for things changing in a whelm which is what happened since March, the curfew these days *being even worse than shelter in place orders I heard. Apparently they are covering daytime as well in more and more areas, we can expect 24 hour curfews soon. Which would be again mostly to hinder the innocent even the ones wanting nothing to do with protests let alone riots, just trying to get their lives back together from the pandemic, rather than the troublemakers out there causing mischief.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:41 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Is that an imaginary truck just found on the internet? Much like your “wealth” and social status?
C'mon man.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:45 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
C'mon man.
That’s what I say, c’mon man. Almost no one here believes you. I’m wondering if any do. It’s a joke.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
That’s what I say, c’mon man. Almost no one here believes you. I’m wondering if any do. It’s a joke.
I doubt that. The fact that someone has to say "I don't believe you" when not asked, it pretty solid evidence that self doubt exist.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I doubt that. The fact that someone has to say "I don't believe you" when not asked, it pretty solid evidence that self doubt exist.
The fact that you have to keep pressing it tells me you’re either broke or very average. You protest too much. If anyone was really wealthy like you say you are, they wouldn’t care what people say or think. You care. A lot.

I don’t believe one word you say. Your posts have been proven to be lies. You said you were going to make some great business call to South America, but you got caught in that lie as it was the middle of the night there.

You go on pretending. I flat out don’t believe you and most don’t (if any). That’s my final word.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:42 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Quote:
C'mon man.
I had no idea they were real. The only one I've seen is this, ah, unofficial model...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8MYynmi80I

Old 06-03-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I had no idea they were real. The only one I've seen is this, ah, unofficial model...

Aside from the KIA Soul, that’s the ugliest vehicle I’ve seen. Apologies to all Soul owners.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:07 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:

lol it looks like my Grandson's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby car

Old 06-03-2020, 03:09 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/u...rotests.html**
While Mr. Newsom did speak out it is a totally different attitude*than when he threw his tantrum on protestors just a few weeks ago who were just merely asking for their livelihoods back as well as not to close beaches not under his jurisdiction*and for local governments who were overzealous on the color of the state's order.*

Apparently the mainstream news stopped condemning people for not sealing themselves up to prevent spread of virus, and the twenty four hour non stop coverage is now just a few minutes a day.*

Apparently the rule of law and constitution has disappeared into authoritarianism and governmental anarchy quite many ways these days for many governments*world wide*and in quite a number of areas in the US this*especially been*made apparent since this COVID fear started in March for everywhere outside China. Its almost like the "purge" for constitution*rule is being rolled out around the world. Apparently for some reason the pandemic somehow exploded only in March in every country outside China whether the country next door(i.e Vietnam, Japan)* or*half way*around the world, or how much or how little if any contact with China. Almost like its an orchestrated act.*

I thought didn't it used to be Counties at least in California had limited power and its limited to unincorporated areas?* That is except when charter cities voluntarily outsource to the surrounding county supervisors, i.e Library service, water service, Sheriff, fire department, restaurant health inspections etc. Thus examples I know of counties that passed bans on fast food kids meals but the ban does not apply to McDonalds in city limits. Or that some counties such as Santa Clara or Los Angeles banned plastic bags but you could still get them for free in cities that did not pass bans of their own. Though why counties now insist it can push charter cities around too?

I be curious whether this incitement to violence and looting is a false flag operation to justify unlimited government powers just as with so called radical shooters that shoot away rescue helicopters In New Orleans during Katrina back in 2005 leading to "Martial law" and forced relocations of homeowners.* I better hope normal citizens are not arrested around this state or country for walking their dogs or running a necessary errand something not in anyway involved with protesting, especially in the outskirts of urban/suburban areas far removed from the activities, despite the sad fact opportunists continue their destructive activities downtown with impunity and police can barely get a handle nor arrest them. I mean people cannot be forced to be glued to the news alerts for things changing in a whelm which is what happened since March, the curfew these days *being even worse than shelter in place orders I heard. Apparently they are covering daytime as well in more and more areas, we can expect 24 hour curfews soon. Which would be again mostly to hinder the innocent even the ones wanting nothing to do with protests let alone riots, just trying to get their lives back together from the pandemic, rather than the troublemakers out there causing mischief.
You forgot to mention plastic bags J/K

Old 06-03-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Check out the Jay Leno video. He drives a prototype with Elon Musk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California