Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 01:07 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,624,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The "Laundry Photos"? lol but not a word from you about the antics of the Dotard and his numerous super spreader events...talk about hypocrisy
Yes, you know the photos from the French Laundry that showed Newsom disregarding his own guidelines. Do you need a link of the story? Was it the far right releasing those?

Why would I bring those up in the CA forum? Newsoms actions have a much more direct effect here. Did he even have any rallies in CA? I don't approve of those either, and have said that on this forum before, so not sure how that is hypocrisy. But keep reaching, I guess you think the idiotic actions of Trump somehow excuses Newsom's.

And speaking of hypocrisy, Trump and many of his supporters, especially those that attended these rallies, never took the virus as seriously and certainly didn't favor all the restrictions that Newsom did. While it is stupid on their part to have and attend these rallies they are much less hypocrites than Newsom is. I don't think you get that is part of the reason the French Laundry incident was so appalling to a lot of people.

Last edited by sav858; 01-08-2021 at 01:34 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 01:34 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,309 times
Quote:
So you are saying that if California has a Republican governor then public employees won't get pensions any more? Pete Wilson tried that and it didn't work out well for him. Maybe we should get a government who thinks that all employees not just public sector should have access to pension plans.
Did you quote the wrong person? What do we file this under? Strawman? Don't bite the hand that feeds you, I get it.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:35 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes, you know the photos from the French Laundry that showed Newsom disregarding his own guidelines. Do you need a link of the story? Was it the far right releasing those?

Why would I bring those up in the CA forum? Newsoms actions have a much more direct effect here. Did he even have any rallies in CA? I don't approve of those either, and have said that on this forum before, so not sure how that is hypocrisy. But keep reaching, I guess you think the idiotic actions of Trump somehow excuses Newsom's.

And speaking of hypocrisy, Trump and many of his supporters, especially those that attended these rallies, never took the virus as seriously and certainly didn't favor all the restrictions that Newsom did. While it is stupid on their part to have and attend these rallies they are much less hypocrites than Newsom is. I don't think you get that is part of the reason the French Laundry incident was so appalling to a lot of people.
So, it's wrong for me to bring Trump up in this discussion? I disagree but I'll play along. We have Sheriffs in Sac, Placer and several other counties who not only won't enforce guidelines, they don't make their own employees comply with them. We have people who have stated their intention to run for Governor who are actively involved in organizations fighting mask ordinances.

He shouldn't have attended the French Laundry dinner, I get that, but I just don't think that's enough for a recall. There wouldn't be a recall attempt if Republicans didn't believe that's their only chance to have a Republican governor, so at the very least let's call it for what it is.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
So, it's wrong for me to bring Trump up in this discussion? I disagree but I'll play along. We have Sheriffs in Sac, Placer and several other counties who not only won't enforce guidelines, they don't make their own employees comply with them. We have people who have stated their intention to run for Governor who are actively involved in organizations fighting mask ordinances.

He shouldn't have attended the French Laundry dinner, I get that, but I just don't think that's enough for a recall. There wouldn't be a recall attempt if Republicans didn't believe that's their only chance to have a Republican governor, so at the very least let's call it for what it is.
I didn't say it was wrong, I just don't really get why you came after me implying I was a hypocrite because I don't regularly bring Trump up in the California forum. Sounds like you were just ASSuming something about me that isn't true.

Which guidelines? Stuff like capacity and restaurants enforcement is usually done by the fire marshal and health departments. And while I don't necessarily agree with completely ignoring enforcement because I think large gatherings should be broken up, kind of seems like a reaction to Newsom's overly restrictive, draconian measures. Yet another example of how some of these nonsensical restrictions may have actually backfired and made the situation worse.

A lot of loons that have no chance of getting even 1% of the vote run for office. And that seems like what your focused on for whatever reason.

It's certainly more the just the French Laundry incident that is fueling this recent recall campaign. Yeah they see an opportunity and are taking advantage of it, most politicians and people in general do that.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:03 PM

6,705 posts, read 6,707,372 times
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...tures/2499483/

The recall petition has over 1 million signatures. Will do whatever I can to get rid of Newsolini. (and yes, I hate Trump too)

Old 01-08-2021, 03:36 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,176,622 times
Quote:

I don’t think parents watching their kids sink into depression and losing a whole year of schooling while their small business and livelihood is going down in flames ,when every other state is open, is dwelling on his fine dinning with lobbyists...... but it doesn’t help.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:32 PM

I won't change minds here, I don't expect to but it seems odd that people are pushing so hard to remove a governor who managed to have a 15 billion dollar surplus almost a year into this pandemic
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...bid=-918483599

Old 01-08-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I don’t think parents watching their kids sink into depression and losing a whole year of schooling while their small business and livelihood is going down in flames ,when every other state is open, is dwelling on his fine dinning with lobbyists...... but it doesn’t help.
Oh so much drama Finper I have grandkids who are in distance learning and they are not depressed or losing a year of schooling.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I won't change minds here, I don't expect to but it seems odd that people are pushing so hard to remove a governor who managed to have a 15 billion dollar surplus almost a year into this pandemic
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...bid=-918483599
I guess this is one of those rare cases where California’s massive income inequality has its advantages huh?

Old 01-08-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I guess this is one of those rare cases where California’s massive income inequality has its advantages huh?
I would have expected that you liked capitalism...hmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California