Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2021, 04:03 PM

3,068 posts, read 1,737,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
Perhaps, but the actual ICU capacities were "adjusted" in a heavy-handed manner that had no bearing on reality.
Are you saying they weren't really as full as they allowed us to believe? Yes I believe that was my feeling as well. I don't agree with how they did it, but I do think this should all be based on space in the hospitals.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:43 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Are you saying they weren't really as full as they allowed us to believe? Yes I believe that was my feeling as well. I don't agree with how they did it, but I do think this should all be based on space in the hospitals.
We'll never know because Newsoms "transparent administration" also doesn't want the covid data to be released to the public.

And his supporters here are saying "I'm ok with corruption as long it's my team doing it".

Old 02-23-2021, 05:51 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_210 View Post
We'll never know because Newsoms "transparent administration" also doesn't want the covid data to be released to the public.

And his supporters here are saying "I'm ok with corruption as long it's my team doing it".
And its ok because he's "saving lives"!

Old 02-23-2021, 10:43 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
True, but this is all trial and error. The lack of federal leadership by Donald Trump left states scrambling to tackle this national issue on their own, so I give Newsom a lot of leeway as far as mistakes.

Who I refuse to give an ounce of leeway to is anti-masker trash and idiots who tried to make a public health crisis into a civil rights issue-they are the most selfish people I have ever seen in my life and are personally responsible for deaths as far as Im concerned. To hell with them.
You will give leeway and "trail and error" to someone whos running the largest state but not the country? I recall some university professors grading on a curve, but to the mayor of the largest cities in CA, Lt Gov, now Gov, with hopes of being president? The guy that announces strict guidelines and then immediately violates them at fancy wine dinners with lobbyist and doctors. And doesn't share the data that he's basing decisions on. It's almost as if he's trying to turn a public health crisis into a political opportunity at the cost of the publics health. He's only learning....

Old 02-24-2021, 08:49 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
When even Nate Silver says the recall will happen, you can bet it will happen. I think the predictions are on the mark though and still believe Newsom will beat it. But that's what the democratic process is all about. Anyone who tries to derail that is an enemy of such.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:53 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,496,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Correct. See here: https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/12...able-icu-beds/

Old 02-24-2021, 04:05 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
And its ok because he's "saving lives"!

I am expecting him to suddenly open up almost everything (with modifications) in the next month. He might even do away with the tier system altogether. He'll state that the vaccines are the reason for opening up (even though most people under 65 can't get them yet) but it's really 1) what a failure the closures were when other states were wide open and 2) a last ditch hope to avoid the recall.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:08 AM

3,068 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I am expecting him to suddenly open up almost everything (with modifications) in the next month. He might even do away with the tier system altogether. He'll state that the vaccines are the reason for opening up (even though most people under 65 can't get them yet) but it's really 1) what a failure the closures were when other states were wide open and 2) a last ditch hope to avoid the recall.
Agreed. He's going to need things to be humming along by the time the recall happens. If it's in August, he'll want to open now so that people may have forgotten by then this horrible mess.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:15 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
I’m having trouble believing something I just read. It said that residents there making under 30k get 600.00 but if your undocumented and make under 75k you get the 600.00. Is this true? Where’s the uproar? And if Ca is billions in debt how is this being paid? Unbelievable.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:36 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,496,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
And if Ca is billions in debt how is this being paid?
California is not billions of dollars in debt. Which "news" blog did you read that on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California