Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
California is a wayward child that the rest of the country loves and prays for, since she's going in the dumpster.
Would that we all had a "wayward child" who was responsible for the 5th largest economy in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 08:40 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Would that we all had a "wayward child" who was responsible for the 5th largest economy in the world.
Is there anyone in America who doesn't think California has gone it's own way? Right-wrong or indifferent, CA is taking a different path... a path no one else want to take.

No one disputes the economic success CA has achieved... but that's not issue. Her people have been led astray by elitists, hollyweird, and poor governance. You may have noticed, but most of the nation finds much of CA to be the land of fruits and nuts. That didn't happen overnight, nor does the preclude the rest of the nation from suffering the same malaise.

Have I made anything up?

Old 11-11-2019, 09:03 AM

527 posts, read 422,880 times
Quote:
Is there anyone in America who doesn't think California has gone it's own way? Right-wrong or indifferent, CA is taking a different path... a path no one else want to take.

No one disputes the economic success CA has achieved... but that's not issue. Her people have been led astray by elitists, hollyweird, and poor governance. You may have noticed, but most of the nation finds much of CA to be the land of fruits and nuts. That didn't happen overnight, nor does the preclude the rest of the nation from suffering the same malaise.

Have I made anything up?
I think many coastal states with large metros, West or East, are taking about the same path, and this is where a lot of the population happens to reside. I doubt you'd find much difference between the paths of CA, versus NY, MA, OR or WA, frankly.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:05 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Lol... your reputation precedes you.
Well Dave, my reputation doesn’t precede me in state forums other than where I live. Why? Because I don’t rudely criticize places where I don’t live ... In fact, I rarely kvetch about anything where I do live, other than remarking with a touch of humorous sarcasm about overpopulation.

You like what you like. Don’t what you don’t. Which is entirely fine with me. And I have zero problem with you engaging California conversation. But most of what you post brings nothing new or interesting to the debates and dialogue here. Just another nattering, poorly informed (at best), ideologically polarized voice from thousands of miles removed.

As I pointed out to you once recently: Tennessee has numerous infamously troubling issues that desperately need your focus. Go for a life of service. Dig in at home and make a difference, brother.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:05 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
5th economy is not a result of policy, it's geographical luck. It's also ironic that folks love to fly that 5th economy banner but also love to tax the sht out of its people. There's good reason people want to funnel more money through the government...

Old 11-11-2019, 09:09 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:

Have I made anything up?
And why, exactly, should we give a **** what others think of us? We need the likes of you in what way?

It’s apparent you live by associating with what “other people think”. Kinda like junior high social culture.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:22 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
I was responding to a question. Apparently you have earned your reputation. Carry on and keep calm.

Blow boaters... blow, just sayin'

Old 11-11-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You may have noticed, but most of the nation finds much of CA to be the land of fruits and nuts.
"Yes, we are the land of fruits and nuts. They are quite fresh and delicious, thank you."

https://www.turlockjournal.com/opini...f-fruits-nuts/

Old 11-11-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
... your reputation precedes you.
It does. Thank you for your service, Mutt.

And happy Veteran's Day, Dave!

Old 11-11-2019, 09:45 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well, you just made a case for living in California, property tax is 1% of the purchase price of your home. I paid $300,000 for a home in Sacramento County five years ago, the assessed value was increased by some permitted improvements as a result our property tax is $4,000 a year. How many people in other states pay $333.00 a month
Well, you asked. My house is $250,000, I pay right at $1000 a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California