Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 10:38 AM

175 posts, read 183,212 times

Advertisements

im just recovering from the flu.

every time i sneezed my entire body would hurt to the point i was screaming in pain. the pain would last about 15-20 seconds after a sneeze.

my chest and all my muscles, especially on my arms, would hurt like a mother.

i dont do flu shots but im considering it next year.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:54 AM

527 posts, read 422,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Nope, gloves do not help if someone with flu breathes it on you.

Not enough folks take the flu vaccine to achieve herd immunity.
These flu vaccines are BS, mostly. Some, with immune system issues, might benefit from them.

If someone with flu "breathes" on you (usually not enough, they have to cough on you or spit some saliva while talking), Eucalyptus oil (which I mentioned in my original post, you overlooked that, obviously) does help. It doesn't just act on virus itself, it also increases circulation in the oral/nasal mucosa and bronchi, which helps fight off the virus. There're other plants and plant oils that help, and eating garlic powder daily.

I used to have multiple colds and also flu every year...none in 10 years now. People are buying all kinds of BS from the government, good luck with that. Should read about monkey cancer virus in old polio vaccines... those were at least against something as dangerous as polio, so risk was more justified, not common flu.

There'll never be possible for any kind of herd immunity against flu to exist, because of how fast flu virus mutates and many variations it has. And for the record, I'm not against vaccines in general and take TDAP ever 10-15 years despite having very bad reaction to it every time, just against unjustified vaccines being pushed such as flu.

Last edited by opossum1; 12-12-2019 at 11:15 AM..

Old 12-12-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
And again NO data on vaccinated vs unvaccinated. I guess that's going to be a thing now. My dad's doctor has stopped advocating for the vaccine based on this & other concerns about lack of safety information.

Herd immunity for a virus that changes every year?
Yes, absolutely ridiculous pseudo-science nonsense about a possibility of "herd immunity" to rapidly mutating virus with many source areas, which can also come from variety of animals...using vaccines that barely handle each year's new variety. LOL. Swine flu, avian flu...and they're talking about human herd immunity? Are they going to vaccinate ever bird too? I bet they'd rather kill every bird and everything else natural and alive, with approaches they have so far. The devastating epidemic of early 20th century Spanish flu was that deadly exactly because it was a very new variety of flu virus, assembled from bird and human flu genes, genes which younger population hadn't been exposed to yet (that's why it was mostly young people dying from that epidemic). These people had poor nutrition and lack of vitamins(and turberculosis was a high risk, in part exactly because of this reason) + completely new flu virus variety, which resulted in that outcome. I lived in tuberculosis-stricken area, and unless you neglected your nutrition and vitamins (and did not abuse substances), you didn't have to worry about getting it.

Regarding data....they're also hiding the data on how many people die or suffer serious or permanent consequences from flu vaccinations. Why are they're paying-out so many vaccine claims, then, if it's safe? (and it takes years to adjudicate each claim, that if you're lucky to prove, against all efforts of their corrupt machine)

Last edited by opossum1; 12-12-2019 at 12:40 PM..

Old 12-12-2019, 03:14 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Maybe you can invent a universal flu vaccine
We're actually a decade away from a universal flu vaccine.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/i...cine-1.4515318

Old 12-12-2019, 03:37 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

quote the rest of my post, "which can be mandated in childhood and will last a lifetime". You cannot have herd immunity without the greater population of adults who can refuse to get it.

Old 12-12-2019, 04:10 PM

Good luck with universal vaccine...their strategy, instead of attacking the "head" of the virus (which experiences a lot of mutations), is to attack a "stalk" instead, which has less mutations. The stalk, however, still experiences mutations in response to immune system attacks. My bet is the virus will start mutating more in the stalk, once such vaccine is out...The result of it all, most likely, would be the worst flu ever.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:08 PM

111 posts, read 74,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum1 View Post
Yes, absolutely ridiculous pseudo-science nonsense about a possibility of "herd immunity" to rapidly mutating virus with many source areas, which can also come from variety of animals...using vaccines that barely handle each year's new variety. LOL. Swine flu, avian flu...and they're talking about human herd immunity? Are they going to vaccinate ever bird too? I bet they'd rather kill every bird and everything else natural and alive, with approaches they have so far. The devastating epidemic of early 20th century Spanish flu was that deadly exactly because it was a very new variety of flu virus, assembled from bird and human flu genes, genes which younger population hadn't been exposed to yet (that's why it was mostly young people dying from that epidemic). These people had poor nutrition and lack of vitamins(and turberculosis was a high risk, in part exactly because of this reason) + completely new flu virus variety, which resulted in that outcome. I lived in tuberculosis-stricken area, and unless you neglected your nutrition and vitamins (and did not abuse substances), you didn't have to worry about getting it.

Regarding data....they're also hiding the data on how many people die or suffer serious or permanent consequences from flu vaccinations. Why are they're paying-out so many vaccine claims, then, if it's safe? (and it takes years to adjudicate each claim, that if you're lucky to prove, against all efforts of their corrupt machine)
When I was in the military we had to get a shot every year. Never failed, got the flu about 6 weeks later. Once so bad it turned into pneumonia and I had to be rushed to the hospital. That was the last time I had one and haven’t had the flu since, and I don’t get the shot anymore. Washing your hands is more effective.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:55 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

Maybe not that long.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326730.php#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum1 View Post
Good luck with universal vaccine...their strategy, instead of attacking the "head" of the virus (which experiences a lot of mutations), is to attack a "stalk" instead, which has less mutations. The stalk, however, still experiences mutations in response to immune system attacks. My bet is the virus will start mutating more in the stalk, once such vaccine is out...The result of it all, most likely, would be the worst flu ever.
Source for your opinion?

From the link above:

"'The vaccine induced a broad antibody response, which was not only cross-reactive for currently circulating human influenza virus but also to avian and bat influenza virus subtypes,' notes Prof. Krammer.

'It was surprising to find that the inactivated formulation with adjuvant induced a very strong anti-stalk response already after the prime, suggesting that one vaccination might be enough to induce protection against pandemic influenza viruses yet to arise,' he adds."

"The worst flu ever" tends to be from strains that jump to humans from other species.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:12 PM

530 posts, read 175,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger09 View Post
There’s almost 40 million people in California and 16 people have died from the flu. More people have probably died walking their doggie in the last 24 hours.
They better start mandating that people stop walking their dogs then, for their own good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
10,000 iu's every day of vitamin d will far outperform any flu shot. I have been doing this for over 10 years and have never even gotten a cold or allergies ever since while working in a daycare facility. I used to get sick 3-4 times every year before this. Anyone else who has taken my advice has reported the same.
It works for me, too.

Quote:
The flu shot is nothing but a big pharma money grab.
100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Herd immunity for a virus that changes every year? With a vaccine that contains mercury & aluminum? Jaysus, everyone would have Alzheimer's by the time they hit age 40. Pass.
What's really strange is that multi-dose vials of flu vaccines preserved with thimerosal are considered "safe" before they're injected into someone, but if they need to be disposed of, they're considered hazardous waste and have to be disposed of according to strict state rules. I'd rather not inject hazardous waste, thank you very much.

Here's Michigan's guideline:

Quote:
Vaccines are considered hazardous waste if they contain mercury (such as thimerosal2) or cresol-based preservatives. These are most commonly found in multi-dose vials and some pre-filled syringes. Any vial that is not empty1and contains vaccine with mercury (thimerosal) or cresol-based preservatives,must be managed as hazardous waste.This includes all multi-dose vials of vaccine

Old 12-13-2019, 07:06 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger09 View Post
That was the last time I had one and haven’t had the flu since, and I don’t get the shot anymore. Washing your hands is more effective.
I had the opposite experience. I rarely got the flu, and never got the shot. Then, one October, I caught the flu from my then-teenage daughter, and I was sick for 2 entire days. It was horrible. After that, I got the flu shot every year and have never had the flu since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California