Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 10:08 AM

527 posts, read 423,043 times

Advertisements

New approaches in designing and growing flu vaccines apparently involve heavy use of insect cells and insect viruses. One approach is growing flu viruses in insect cells and another one is to take parts of insect viruses and combine them with human/bird flu virus parts to create hybrid viruses. Certainly not your good ol' inactivated microbe vaccine.

Of course, they say these insect viruses are absolutely safe and have no any kind of capacity to reproduce in human cells.
Yet, the studies show that these viruses (baculoviruses) magically produce various immune responses in mammalian cells and trigger various gene expressions...

Of course what they say should be translated as: we just haven't found the case, yet, due to numerous possibilities, where insect virus can actually infect and cause harm to reproducing human cells and bring some cancer-causing genes in (they already found one that can infect non-reproducing human skin cells). Anyway, we're going to use genetically modified insect viruses mixed with human virus DNA parts so the possibilities are endless

I wonder how many new allergies, auto-immune diseases and possible cancer gene expressions might be produced by such heavily genetically-engineered vaccines, by the industry what always assures every harmful thing they produce is "safe". People avoiding GMO stuff...beware.

This reminded me of how they started to ban bovine ingredients in vaccines once they realized there're proteins out there (prions) that can cause brain to turn into swiss cheese and stuff could be sourced from animals carrying them...of course all was absolutely safe, who could think they existed until 1997.

Badger above is right about this stuff likely bringing in some super-bug.

Last edited by opossum1; 12-16-2019 at 10:20 AM..

Old 12-16-2019, 10:17 AM

530 posts, read 175,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum1 View Post
This whole misguided flu vaccine thing reminds me of trying to use a hammer to squash a fly...and risk breaking the wall instead.
Good analogy. Yes, the flu vaccine can break the wall of health and result in mild to moderate sick feelings all the way to Guillain-Barré syndrome in some people.

Quote:
Worthless safety and effectiveness assurances from the same bought-up government that had been telling for so many years that pesticide glyphosate/Roundup (which half of the US is heavily dosed in and present in most of non-organic foods) is safe...ta-da, now multiple courts decide glyphosate causes cancer, settlements happening with victims and courts issue big awards to victims. Courtesy of Monsanto, the same guys who gave the world the gift of Agent Orange and eyeless kids born after exposure...
They keep up their lies, even when discussing glyphosate in vaccines claims:
https://monsanto.com/company/media/s...sate-vaccines/
Glyphosate is a weed killer that inhibits a pathway found in plants, but not in humans or animals. Glyphosate is not a carcinogen, and it has a 40-year history of safe use. Like any weed killer, glyphosate has been extensively reviewed and approved for use by the U.S. EPA and other global regulatory authorities.

- dirty lie being brazenly told to the public, why had the courts ruled it causes cancer and issued millions in rewards and all the settlements now coming for Bayer? Haha!
They sold that monster Monsanto to Bayer (I bet the name had so much bad rap that they tried to launder it by selling to Pharma Co).
If some doc had a nerve to push this flu vaccine really hard on me, I'd tell them to go and shove their face into a bucket of Roundup.
The media PR marketing of the flu vaccine is very similar to the one surrounding toxic RoundUp. I can't tell you how happy I am to see all of the lawsuits against this toxin, especially after learning about how Monsanto targeted journalists and activists.

Quote:
Monsanto operated a “fusion center” to monitor and discredit journalists and activists, and targeted a reporter who wrote a critical book on the company, documents reveal.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are similar "fusion centers" targeting anyone critical of the flu vaccine and vaccines in general.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:41 AM

527 posts, read 423,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abderian View Post
Good analogy. Yes, the flu vaccine can break the wall of health and result in mild to moderate sick feelings all the way to Guillain-Barré syndrome in some people.

The media PR marketing of the flu vaccine is very similar to the one surrounding toxic RoundUp. I can't tell you how happy I am to see all of the lawsuits against this toxin, especially after learning about how Monsanto targeted journalists and activists.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are similar "fusion centers" targeting anyone critical of the flu vaccine and vaccines in general.
You're onto something...by the way, Mary Ellen Coe, who's Google's President of "Global Customer Solutions" is now also sitting on the Board of directors of Merck/big vaccine manufacturer:
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...oard-Directors

Shadow merger with Big Pharma? No wonder search engine results tend to be so biased when it comes to vaccine information and remind of "50 shades of gray" in terms of opinion variation. A reason for everyone to heavily think for themselves and be careful with what they push.

And GlaxoSmithKline's Chair of Vaccine division, is now apparently heading Google's very own pharma business.

Last edited by opossum1; 12-16-2019 at 10:50 AM..

Old 12-16-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

Let me make this up close and personal. My husband had a cousin (actually once removed or something like that) who DIED of polio in 1949, in the second largest polio epidemic in the country. According to what I've read about polio deaths, this cousin fit the "profile". She was an older child (13) and female.
That's all very sad, but there were only 2,720 deaths out of an estimated population of 149 million people.

And according to a CDC polio pinkbook:

Quote:
"Up to 95% of all polio infections are inapparent or asymptomatic."

"Approximately 4%–8% of polio infections consist of a minor, nonspecific illness without clinical or laboratory evidence of central nervous system invasion."

"Fewer than 1% of all polio infections result in flaccid paralysis."
The big question is, What's wrong with some people's health/physical make-up that makes them catch bad cases of polio? The same can be asked about the flu: what's wrong with the few that get bad cases or even get it at all, when most people don't? In my case (I used to belong to this group) I was just ignorant about how to be healthy.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum1 View Post
You're onto something...by the way, Mary Ellen Coe, who's Google's Director of "customer solutions" is now sitting on board of directors of Merck/big vaccine manufacturer:
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...oard-Directors
Wonderful.

Quote:
No wonder search engine results tend to be so biased and remind of "50 shades of gray" in terms of opinion variation. A reason for everyone to heavily think for themselves and be careful with what they push.
Google is practically useless now when it comes to searching for health information and especially vaccine topics, and I basically never use it unless I'm searching for something trivial, like car shopping advice. Thank goodness I have a bazillion bookmarks and text files full of saved information from over the years.

Old 12-16-2019, 12:42 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
No need to panic over the flu. You can buy elderberry syrup at most grocery stores, drug stores and health food stores and it has proven to lessen flu symptoms. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0423133644.htm
Quote:
The phytochemicals from the elderberry juice were shown to be effective at stopping the virus infecting the cells, however to the surprise of the researchers they were even more effective at inhibiting viral propagation at later stages of the influenza cycle when the cells had already been infected with the virus.

In addition to that, we identified that the elderberry solution also stimulated the cells to release certain cytokines, which are chemical messengers that the immune system uses for communication between different cell types to coordinate a more efficient response against the invading pathogen," said Centre Director, Professor Fariba Deghani.
You can also supplement with Vitamin D.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0216110002.htm
Quote:
Daily or weekly supplementation halved the risk of acute respiratory infection in people with the lowest baseline vitamin D levels, below 25 nanomoles per litre (nmol/L). However, people with higher baseline vitamin D levels also benefited, although the effect was more modest (10 per cent risk reduction). Overall, the reduction in risk of acute respiratory infection induced by vitamin D was on a par with the protective effect of injectable 'flu vaccine against 'flu-like illnesses.

Old 12-16-2019, 01:30 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
s
Since the thread has morphed a bit in to the general subject of vaccines, getting shingles vaccination when recommended is something I suggest not passing on. If you ever had chicken pox, you never know when or if the herpes zoster virus will decide to wake up from hibernation and result in shingles. I had shingles in 2017. Fortunately, I had been vaccinated and my case was relatively mild. The newer vaccine is supposedly more effective. A friend of a friend got shingles (apparently he was not vaccinated) and from what I heard, it was pretty bad. The rash was up into his face and around one eye. In my case, I just had a general feeling of malaise and a blister rash on the side of rib cage about the size of a golf ball in diameter. It started clearing up after 2 weeks
I wish I could rep you +100. I didn’t get chicken pox until I was an adult (thanks to my daughter), so I’m told I had a greater chance of shingles. Because of your post, I called my doctor to get the shingles vaccination. I was told they are out and have 400 people on a waiting list.

I called my local Costco and they had it. I just got back from my first one with a follow up in 2-6 months.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California