Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2020, 08:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

I've said all I'm going to say about this, in retrospect I think it's way off topic and we aren't getting anywhere bickering about it, anyone who finds it interesting might want to start a new topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 08:29 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Those aren't civil offenses Mutt, they are for the most part criminal infractions. Crimes are categorized as follows:
Felony - can result in prison sentence
Misdemeanor - can result in jail sentence
Infraction - can only result in a fine.

Civil offenses are most often violations of administrative rules, i.e mislabeling food, violating rules for consumer disclosure etc.
I suppose I should not have placed the word “civil” in front of the word “crime”. My point was that they ARE crimes and more so as much as Bolander and NorCal are assigning being in the country without authorization.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:30 PM

456 posts, read 240,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I've said all I'm going to say about this, in retrospect I think it's way off topic and we aren't getting anywhere bickering about it, anyone who finds it interesting might want to start a new topic.

Of course. That is your MO. Get shown you are in over your head and leave and "take your ball". I asked very simple questions and of course you refuse to answer.

Thanks. We all have your answer.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:30 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
https://247wallst.com/special-report...-in-america-5/

I honestly would have thought higher, but 14 is pretty bad. I can see these numbers getting worse in the next decade.
hmm... Nevada, Arizona, South Carolina... a bunch of places people on this forum like to insist are better to live in than CA are ahead of CA in crime. OP, were you posting your list as good news, or bad news? I can't tell.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I suppose I should not have placed the word “civil” in front of the word “crime”. My point was that they ARE crimes and more so as much as Bolander and NorCal are assigning being in the country without authorization.
We all notice how you won't answer a simple question either.

Check and mate.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:35 PM

The thread is about California being dangerous. We have peeled off into crime in general, true. So to reassert we need to stick with my original correction of augie’s claim about illegals committing more violent crime ... and specifically as that occurs in California.

But I posted a study, as requested by NorCal, that demonstrates this is not the case. Augie’s claim is, as I originally stated: unsupportable.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
The thread is about California being dangerous. We have peeled off into crime in general, true. So to reassert we need to stick with my original correction of augie’s claim about illegals committing more violent crime ... and specifically as that occurs in California.

But I posted a study, as requested by NorCal, that demonstrates this is not the case. Augie’s claim is, as I originally stated: unsupportable.
I agree

Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:

I have come to the same conclusion in my reading that illegals commit less violent/dangerous crimes. My opinion is that they are trying to stay off the radar.

I would like to give an easier path to becoming legal.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
We all notice how you won't answer a simple question either.

Check and mate.
“Check and mate” what?

You want to continue the tangent? Your demand (illegal vs legal by simplistic definition) is without foundational relevance. Completely vacuous semantics. Your question is nullified as you present it because it lacks applicable context which actual law demands. Your admission of the equivalence to all people breaking laws nullifies your question. Meaningless sophistry. You want to pursue that with me? Open a new thread and link me up. This tangent is detracting from the core topic of violence.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
I have come to the same conclusion in my reading that illegals commit less violent/dangerous crimes. My opinion is that they are trying to stay off the radar.

I would like to give an easier path to becoming legal.
Well, roger that re: first two sentences.

As per the third: far as I’m concerned the less immigration of any kind the better. Too many people already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California