Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:40 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,716,704 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Morro Bay, it's a nice place. San Luis Obispo is probably what you're looking for. I would to some degree consider SLO a beach community, it only takes about 5-10 minutes to drive to Los Osos. And the girls of Cal Poly, forget about it, for a city that size you won't find more beautiful women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 PM

470 posts, read 1,707,405 times
Cardiff or Carlsbad, Northern San Diego County Coastal. Cardiff is more authentic surf culture, Carlsbad is upscale coastal.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 AM

1 posts, read 6,335 times
I like Laguna Beach. I lived there for a little while. Attractive girls, a lively nightlife and its probably one of the most beautiful places in the world. The down side is that its touristy and semi isolated from cities inland as there are only a couple of roads in or out. It is also next to Dana Point which is a cool city too.

All that in mind I would still cast my vote for SD for action, specially around the gaslamp district.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 AM

961 posts, read 2,565,301 times
Pacific Beach in San Diego is what comes to mind when I think 22 year old who wants to party. It is literally where all of the young people go in San Diego for a good time - they go to PB (what San Diegans call Pacific Beach) or the gaslamp district downtown.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,130 times
Default Santa Cruz, Ca

California's best beach town is Santa Cruz in on the Monterey Bay in Central California. Plentiful, clean, unspoiled beaches and great year round weather. Plenty to see and do from surfing, sailing, kitesurfing, mountain biking to a lively music and arts scene. It also has one of the last beach side amusement parks, the Beach Boardwalk. Very hip.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
I LOVE Santa Cruz. It's definitely for those who like diversity, eccentricity, and funkiness. But, although I still visit there every other year, the climate really isn't warm enough for me.

If I won the lottery, my choice to live would be in Pismo Beach.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 AM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussymane View Post
I am just trying to get an idea of which coastal city or town you like the best and why. For example, a 22 year old guy like myself wouldn't thrive in the sleepy community of Morro Bay, but Pismo Beach and SLO just south of it is another story.
Personally, I like Santa Barbara for nearly perfect weather and scenery. It's also large enough that there are things to do but not so large as to be overwhelming or bland (like Orange County).

Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 AM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
I LOVE Santa Cruz. It's definitely for those who like diversity, eccentricity, and funkiness. But, although I still visit there every other year, the climate really isn't warm enough for me.

Pismo is only marginally warmer than Santa Cruz. I think Santa Cruz is actually warmer in summer because it's a south facing beach with farily tall mountains behind it.

Pismo is probably a degree or two warmer (and a bit drier) in winter, though.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Outdoor magazine ranked Ventura as the #2 beach community in the world a few years back. #1 went to the North Shore in Hawaii. I am sure that it still is further up in their idea of a beach community than most others in the state. I like the area. Also love the Oxnard beaches but Ventura would still get my vote because even if you don't live at the beach many in the city of Ventura can still see the ocean from their homes or places of work. It is similar in geography to Santa Barbara with a similar view. Both are built between the ocean and the hills.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:32 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post

Pismo was the first place that popped into my head. It has a great beach, lots of walkable downtown area and a ton of weird ecclectic beach shops. Very laid back.

I absolutely love Avila Beach... hidden away in a little alcove.. super tiny.. wonderful beaches I live in Los Osos though, so I can't complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California