Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2020, 02:09 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
LOL. A guy who has these degrees doesn't understand the difference between quakery and what he was trying to say which would have been quackery.

Explain what quakery is to us. Is that exhibition a characteristic resembling the Quakers?

This stuff couldn't write itself. Oh and 000 is a valid number as is 0000 as is 00000. Yes 0 is a single digit number. 00 is a two digit number and so on. My second grader a year or two ago had to do things like "write a 3 digit number that represents 0" and he figured out it was 000. Degrees? Yeah sure you do.

I think the real sad part here is that you admitted this stuff was fictional at best when you said if you had to live in TX you would take your own life. Most of us have a good enough financial situation, employment situation, a good husband or wife and great children that you could put us anywhere in the US and we would be happy. Sure most of us have our preferences. From what you said we could take all the supposed things in your life and simply move you 2000 miles away to TX and you have no desire to live anymore. I can't speak for anyone else but that makes me sad that your livelihood teeters that much that a minor simple move, all other things being equal, makes you not want to live anymore to the point where you said you would end your life. I surely hope anyone here changes things in their current life, if a situation where something as little overall in life as a simple move makes them want to end their life.

Well said. Wow, just wow.
I thought you were moving to Arizona, or Idaho or some sort of conserve state .

I am an 8th gen Texan and hate it so badly I don't even go visit my adult kids there . Has nothing to do with my livelihood either . Alot of us hate it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2020, 04:07 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
Buddy I went to better schools than you, have more degrees make more $, and own a more expensive house. My wife is younger and hotter than yours too.

You're not even a physician. You're a traveling quack.
hahahahahahahaha !! !!! !! hahahaha

Old 03-01-2020, 04:16 PM

456 posts, read 239,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

I am an 8th gen Texan and hate it so badly I don't even go visit my adult kids there . Has nothing to do with my livelihood either . Alot of us hate it .
Already live in a city in TX that is far richer than anything in OC. Only place close in Social is Malibu but it too is below. While you may hate it, is your financial, employment, spousal and children's life so miserable that if you had to move to TX or someone picked you up and dropped you off there you would take your own life? I hopefully doubt it.

Put me anywhere in the US and I am happy. So much other positives that it doesn't matter where I live. I am at the point that I choose to live in a place for preference. I feel terrible for someone who has nothing else to live for other than the place they live.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:47 PM

672 posts, read 256,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Grew up part of my young life in California. It was a laid back place, people were patient, pretty dang nice, and always apologetic about everything, even when it wasn't their fault.

The schools were good. Jobs were great. It was not difficult to be middle class with only one parent working.

That's the CA I remember.

We moved to another state when I was a kid, and because the schools in CA were so good at the time, we were placed in advanced classes in our new school in the new state. People in the new place were still pretty nice, but it wasn't the same - it was a different vibe - they weren't as laid back, they were more judgemental. I missed CA for a very long time - well into my 20s, all I wanted to do was get back there.

I did get back to CA in 2015.

What a shock.

While people may still say, "I'm sorry" to everything, the laid back, carefree, live and let live, kindness is not at all the same. There's a few here and there who are old school CA, but holy cripes what happened to this state?

People on the road are unbelievably rude...I'm looking at you, Ventura. You people need to calm. down! And I'm saying this after living in Miami. I expect that from Miami. It's not what CA was all about. Pushing and shoving their cars in front of you because they have to be first....to the next red light. I can't even tell you how many times people have been inches or centimeters away from trashing my car because they are in such a big, fat hurry to get to the next fricken red light. I literally hate the city of Ventura now because it's the worst of them all.

What happened to laid back? This was a calm state. People were relaxed. They took one day at a time, and were chill. Now everyone races around like they have a stick shoved up their backsides.

Are they all really transplants? All of them?

OH, and this one gets me....it's called "pop". It was that way when I was a kid. I grew up here. I learned it here. I come back here, ask for a pop, and people stare at me blankly like they have no idea what I just said. Well, CA, you are the one who taught me that word when I was a child, don't gawk at me like you've never heard it before. And then in a haughty tone tell me, "Oh, you mean 'soda'?" I meant what I said, "pop".

I won't say anything about the politics except this: Why does this state try so hard to destroy jobs for people?

Look, CA has a lot to like. I love the mountains, I love the ocean, I love the forests. I love that there are miles along the coastline that will never get developed. THANK YOU for that! We do not need a fricken neighborhood on every inch of the beaches. You've done that right, CA.

There's still some of the old school people there - they bring back memories of how CA used to be. And for that moment, or even a few hours, I think how wonderful this state was, it could be again, but then some "I'm more important than everybody" dbag comes along and destroys that feeling.

You have some really nice neighborhoods. You do care about pets. A lot of stores and restaurants are okay with pets, (on the patio), or leave water dishes out for Fido when you're walking around, like at The Collection. It's really nice. That's one of those characteristics that I love about CA - those little things.

But mainly....

I'm sad. Some things about this state and how things are run now are...just sad.

What happened?

Why is everyone so angry? Why are people so arrogant? What on earth happened here?

This isn't the state I left.

It's the state I'm leaving now.

You can do better than this, CA. I don't have to like your politicians, but you, yourselves, can do better. Remember what CA is supposed to be.

If you're a transplant, learn how it was - which was part of the reason you came here.

This isn't NY. This isn't Atlanta. This isn't NJ. This is CA. Turn it back into CA, not where you came from.

Relax.

Calm. Down.

Appreciate what you have.

And for crying out loud, stop being so angry!

You live in a beautiful state. Enjoy it. Chill, guys. Chill.

I leave next week. See ya later.
Net positive for California.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:58 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
Tldr. .

If you want to move somewhere else go for it. Nobody is stopping you. But go start a blog somewhere else if you want people to read your pitty party story
Quote:
Posted by OC4life

Dang now you're really getting desperate. You seem to think that I care if my phone swiping autocorrect couldn't figure out what I meant? Go ahead and be a typing Nazi, I really don't care. I got a 99% verbal GRE so your pretty insults are literally nothingburgers. Keep em coming as your jokes are hilarious.

Again we are here for you. Didn't mean to upset you so much.

I lived there for 30+ years. Maybe you can't have multiple thoughts and opinions on things, but I sure can. If you have an issue with where and what I post I don't care. You do you. Quite funny that someone who has ~53,000 posts in just over 3 years speaks about some people having nothing better to do. Pot meet kettle. ETA: I also still own property in CA. Again you worry about you.
I rest my case.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

Well I would never say I hate someplace so much I would not visit my children living there. That is pretty strong to me. I have to wonder where in TX they live? I was raised in Ca,lived in Texas for 13 years and neither place is awful in my view. Both have positives. I will say, if I had to choose one it would be Texas but that is just me. Your comment about conserv state which I take as conservative might have something to do with the reason you love CA so much. And it has a lot to do with why a lot of people do not. This whole: which is best?" is very debatable.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well I would never say I hate someplace so much I would not visit my children living there. That is pretty strong to me. I have to wonder where in TX they live? I was raised in Ca,lived in Texas for 13 years and neither place is awful in my view. Both have positives. I will say, if I had to choose one it would be Texas but that is just me. Your comment about conserv state which I take as conservative might have something to do with the reason you love CA so much. And it has a lot to do with why a lot of people do not. This whole: which is best?" is very debatable.
Exactly. I certainly hope my relationship with my kids never deteriorates that I refuse to visit them because of the state they live in.

I think the funny thing is that those of us that are looked at as "hating CA" think CA is a wonderful place to live on the surface. It is the politics, the taxes, the policy, the ineptitude of leadership, the value, etc. that we have issues with.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:36 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is spelled conserve and that is actually not an incorrect word or slur though I do not think much of that type or place of that type .

Yes my feelings about that awful place ( Texas ) ARE strong and they deserve to be . I have even stronger feelings about that place that cannot be printed here . I love Ca for many different reasons .

Quote:
Exactly. I certainly hope my relationship with my kids never deteriorates that I refuse to visit them because of the state they live in.
Has zero to do with my my children's relationship with me .Not even sure how you would get that from what I posted ( Oh I know !! Its because I wont fight with you on the internet ) . They all come here, grandkids , even my ex DIL , and all have a great time . They did the same when I was in Seattle also . Its extremely boring in Tx for one , besides the horrific nature of it . Of course they'd much rather come here .

They are either riding horses or relaxing here with me or down in WeHo with my actress youngest kid and her interesting friends or with my first cousins in La Jolla or at our farm in lake Isabella or with my eccentric sister in SF . *#^@ no they don't mind coming here .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 03-02-2020 at 08:51 AM..

Old 03-02-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
It is spelled conserve and that is actually not an incorrect word or slur though I do not think much of that type or place of that type .

Yes my feelings about that awful place ( Texas ) ARE strong and they deserve to be . I have even stronger feelings about that place that cannot be printed here . I love Ca for many different reasons .

Has zero to do with my my children's relationship with me they all come here, grandkids , even my ex DIL , and all have a great time .
As you said the place they live has stopped you from going there. I hope my relationship with my kids is never not strong enough that some state I may not like stops me from going there. As someone with kids there are certain timeframes throughout the year when travel by us is not possible with school, schedules, etc. Thankfully the strong relationship with them has never ever stopped anyone from visiting them because of the place. In fact the grandparents come in the next couple weeks to watch their grandson play a sport where the school they play for are top 10 in the nation. Sad that a state would stop you from watching something like that.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:53 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
As you said the place they live has stopped you from going there. I hope my relationship with my kids is never not strong enough that some state I may not like stops me from going there. As someone with kids there are certain timeframes throughout the year when travel by us is not possible with school, schedules, etc. Thankfully the strong relationship with them has never ever stopped anyone from visiting them because of the place. In fact the grandparents come in the next couple weeks to watch their grandson play a sport where the school they play for are top 10 in the nation. Sad that a state would stop you from watching something like that.
She explained herself, to repeat it again and try to twist her words is simply trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California