Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2022, 06:44 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times

Advertisements

Aaannnnd … the cage match battle royale thread rages on even through the night!

Old 04-29-2022, 07:11 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Aaannnnd … the cage match battle royale thread rages on even through the night!
I'm in France, it's 3pm here. Aren't you in Tahiti, it's 3am there

Old 04-29-2022, 08:29 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I'm in France, it's 3pm here. Aren't you in Tahiti, it's 3am there
You post 24/7, so time zone matters naught.

And no, I diverted to New Caledonia ….

Old 04-29-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You post 24/7, so time zone matters naught.

And no, I diverted to New Caledonia ….
You went from Friday to Saturday!

And it must be the Long Covid goodheathen always talks about. I have superhuman abilities and don't require sleep anymore

Old 04-29-2022, 08:46 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
... it must be the Long Covid goodheathen always talks about.
Try not to make fun of people whose opinions on the virus differ from yours. H/she is simply posting the data that's out there on that particular complication of COVID-19.

Old 04-29-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Try not to make fun of people whose opinions on the virus differ from yours. H/she is simply posting the data that's out there on that particular complication of COVID-19.
I'm just lightly teasing, nothing mean spirited. I think goodheathen would be happier relaxing a bit, but of course goodheathen knows best for goodheathen!

Old 04-29-2022, 08:56 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
There was some study a while back, where something like 50% of Long COVID "sufferers" were at least medically normal, the docs could not pinpoint anything wrong with them.

Now this is a cardinal sin in medicine to dismiss someone's condition as mental - but placebo effect is real and works both ways.

Your scaremongering over Long COVID will cause a lot of neurotic individuals to imagine they have Long COVID after infection.

Anyways, long COVID is not forever. There is no permanent damage for the vast majority of people "suffering" from long COVID.

They should do yoga, get some sun, push themselves to exercise more every day, and eat right, and do breathing exercises.
Summary: sheer ignorance.

After several months, the odds plummet that it goes away in the near future. One would think it resolves eventually (except for sense of smell, a less important 'complication' that's probably damaged forever), but who knows. Maybe if the medical community took it seriously....

Just as important is that years of letting it rip will cause the number of people willing and able to teach to shrink. Individuals don't really care about the children; at most they care about their own.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Summary: sheer ignorance.

After several months, the odds plummet that it goes away in the near future. One would think it resolves eventually (except for sense of smell, a less important 'complication' that's probably damaged forever), but who knows. Maybe if the medical community took it seriously....

Just as important is that years of letting it rip will cause the number of people willing and able to teach to shrink. Individuals don't really care about the children; at most they care about their own.
I think we all anecdotally know dozens of people who got the virus.

I know a few who claimed lingering symptoms like cough, fatigue, arrhythmia during exercise, anosmia (lose of smell). But after a few months, they were back to normal more or less. I don't know anyone who has lingering symptoms after 6 months. Do you?

And by lingering symptoms, they were perfectly healthy enough to do basic day to day things, even exercise. Some people with seasonal allergies suffer more.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:06 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
That's very good advice. The same could be said for that person who, in previous posts (in this very long thread,) has called people who disagree with her ignorant, reckless, irresponsible, and selfish. It's a two-way street there.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:20 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
I think we all anecdotally know dozens of people who got the virus.

I know a few who claimed lingering symptoms like cough, fatigue, arrhythmia during exercise, anosmia (lose of smell). But after a few months, they were back to normal more or less. I don't know anyone who has lingering symptoms after 6 months. Do you?

And by lingering symptoms, they were perfectly healthy enough to do basic day to day things, even exercise. Some people with seasonal allergies suffer more.
Yes, online, not friends per se. Of course those people aren't hanging out offline unless they must.

I don't think anyone is coughing much more than 6 months after, barring serious lung damage. That's probably a helpful way to sort out Long Covid from not-very-long-Covid.

Last edited by goodheathen; 04-29-2022 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California