Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2022, 04:37 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
My point with that was if the supposed rate of long Covid is as high as experts claim then you’d think you see more public figures with it.

Also, Long Covid would have been more dominant in places where restrictions were lifted early. Here in Idaho, I haven't heard anyone talk about Covid IRL and life has been back to normal for 2 years now (they just shut things down for 2 months and then re-opened fully before the vaccines). Unlike CA, they have very low tolerance for violent and property crime. Unlike the Bay Area where the mask mandates will probably be back in every county and the police will go back to enforcing masks at malls while turning a blind eye to mobs looting items and ransacking stores at the same mall. Leftists never learn their lesson until they are personally a victim of violent crime themselves, unfortutely.

Why is the economy in states like Idaho, Montana, and Florida doing so much better than blue states like CA and NY if Long Covid was the issue and government imposed restrictions would protect people from it? Way more people per capita in CA compared to Idaho on disability with "Long Covid" despite the longest lockdowns and strictest restrictions. I don't doubt there are a few cases of healthy young people who were permanently disabled by Long Covid but I'm willing to venture for every one of those, there are 10 scamming the system and probably another 100 who did return back to work after recovering but their lingering cough or loss of smell for a few weeks were counted as "Long Covid" in the same category as those few who were permanently disabled.

Old 06-05-2022, 04:37 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
It’s really hard to believe 30% or anywhere near that of Covid cases have lead to “long Covid”.
Who knew?

"Results from a new survey of more than 100,000 COVID-19 survivors released Tuesday (5/24/22) by genetics company 23andMe offer further evidence of a biological cause for the persistent syndrome known as long COVID."

One in Five Infected in Calif. Gets Long COVID Symptoms:
https://www.govtech.com/em/safety/on...covid-symptoms

Old 06-05-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
My point with that was if the supposed rate of long Covid is as high as experts claim then you’d think you see more public figures with it.
It looks like this list is only through 2021.

"The 2019-2021 coronavirus pandemic has led to hundreds of thousands developing COVID-19, a significant number of these continue to have symptoms many weeks or months later, known as long COVID, also known as Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC).
These "long haulers" come from many different walks of life, ages, and races, including people without pre-existing conditions who had mild COVID-19.

Actors, musicians, artists, athletes, politicians...."

https://me-pedia.org/wiki/List_of_fa...ith_long_COVID

Old 06-05-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Way more people per capita in CA compared to Idaho on disability with "Long Covid"
Link to support this statement?

Old 06-05-2022, 05:22 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,178,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Although you might want to look up the definition of gaslighting.

Of all the COVID-19 restrictions that have been issued over the years, a mask order is among the least onerous to the public, said UC San Francisco epidemiologist and infectious-diseases expert Dr. George Rutherford.

“If you’re going to try and stay in front of this and try and restrict the damage that’s going on, this strikes me as a fairly low-level ask, to have people wear a mask,” Rutherford said.

“We’re not talking about lockdowns, we’re not talking about mandatory vaccination, we’re not talking about mandatory testing programs. We’re just talking about wearing masks, which are highly effective, especially if both people are wearing masks. And it’s something we’re used to doing,” Rutherford said.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ts-danger-zone
Physically putting a mask on is easy but bothersome. It’s the psychological part of being controlled that never ends……that’s the hard part

Old 06-05-2022, 06:11 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Who knew?

"Results from a new survey of more than 100,000 COVID-19 survivors released Tuesday (5/24/22) by genetics company 23andMe offer further evidence of a biological cause for the persistent syndrome known as long COVID."

One in Five Infected in Calif. Gets Long COVID Symptoms:
https://www.govtech.com/em/safety/on...covid-symptoms
Indeed, especially considering over half the country has had the virus by now. Just should seem like it would be a big drag on the healthcare system and society in general. And people would know others that have or had it.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
It looks like this list is only through 2021.

"The 2019-2021 coronavirus pandemic has led to hundreds of thousands developing COVID-19, a significant number of these continue to have symptoms many weeks or months later, known as long COVID, also known as Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC).
These "long haulers" come from many different walks of life, ages, and races, including people without pre-existing conditions who had mild COVID-19.

Actors, musicians, artists, athletes, politicians...."

https://me-pedia.org/wiki/List_of_fa...ith_long_COVID
Weird, not a single US politician. I wonder if they get some treatment not available to us peasants.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Also, Long Covid would have been more dominant in places where restrictions were lifted early. Here in Idaho, I haven't heard anyone talk about Covid IRL and life has been back to normal for 2 years now (they just shut things down for 2 months and then re-opened fully before the vaccines). Unlike CA, they have very low tolerance for violent and property crime. Unlike the Bay Area where the mask mandates will probably be back in every county and the police will go back to enforcing masks at malls while turning a blind eye to mobs looting items and ransacking stores at the same mall. Leftists never learn their lesson until they are personally a victim of violent crime themselves, unfortutely.

Why is the economy in states like Idaho, Montana, and Florida doing so much better than blue states like CA and NY if Long Covid was the issue and government imposed restrictions would protect people from it? Way more people per capita in CA compared to Idaho on disability with "Long Covid" despite the longest lockdowns and strictest restrictions. I don't doubt there are a few cases of healthy young people who were permanently disabled by Long Covid but I'm willing to venture for every one of those, there are 10 scamming the system and probably another 100 who did return back to work after recovering but their lingering cough or loss of smell for a few weeks were counted as "Long Covid" in the same category as those few who were permanently disabled.
Good point, it’s like all these masks mandates and restrictions didn’t do anything and maybe made everything worse than it otherwise might have been.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:25 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Physically putting a mask on is easy but bothersome. It’s the psychological part of being controlled that never ends……that’s the hard part
Which is what it has been in California. Emergency powers. It's been a joke the entire time. Close the forests and oceans. Force people in long lines at Costco and Walmart hunger games style. Close the schools and daycares. Take your pittance from the Government handouts. Can't find toilet paper or basic food staples because of "shortages". Man made shortages. Wear your mask. Like that's a replacement for a vaccine. Speaking of, neither the vaccine or masks kept anyone from getting Covid.

What a botched two years and yet some local Governments want to keep the party going. Sometimes, as in this case, doing nothing would have been better than doing what we allowed here in CA.

Yet, the Covidians still exist. A cult to the bitter end.

Govern me harder Daddy!

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 06-05-2022 at 06:34 PM..

Old 06-05-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Weird, not a single US politician. I wonder if they get some treatment not available to us peasants.
Of course they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California