Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 10:10 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,109,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
1) The restrictions didn't kill people.
2) A few years of loneliness won't cause dementia.

The only way 'lockdown' could have caused dementia is by turning people into heavy drinkers, which probably wouldn't wreck a brain in a few years. Anyway, we're talking people who were infected vs. people weren't (let's assume with little margin of error).

You should give up, admit the virus is bad (in many cases and for society) but that you personally don't care what happens.
https://www.webmd.com/balance/news/2...as-health-risk

More information.

I'm not a neurologist so have no idea how much loneliness causes dementia but anything self-reported in the last few years is suspect. And that link has decades of research validating it.

Also as I posted before the Census/CDC found significantly higher excess mortality in CA than Florida. Overdose deaths spiked particularly hard in CA and could at least be partially related:

https://www.kcra.com/article/overdos...eaths/39815177

Is it worth it to temporarily slow covid infections only for it to return harder in 2022 (Covid per capita deaths far higher in CA than FL in 2022) while at the same time unnecessarily causing deaths from missed medical care, overdoses and suicide?

Is it worth it to destroy young people's education--the same young people that are hardly affected by Covid?

https://www.unicef.org/press-release...e-warns-unicef

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/...covid-closures

Old 08-17-2022, 11:00 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
There are a lot of people that have suffered from Covid.
Addiction’s, suicides, loneliness, children's education/social skills, overeating, paranoia and some people have simply gone bat poop crazy.

I find the paranoid covidians that like to share their pain the hardest to get along with.
Some act just like bot’s saying the same paranoid message over and over again with maybe a slight twist if that.

These people that can’t shake this or can’t see this as being over are the problem and have been so for far too long.
Covid has been conquered for the most part over a year ago and yet they grasp at straws trying to hold on to it .
This group is bonkers and needs help.

I have had people freak out at me for not wearing a mask in the Olympic National Forest and on California back trails.
One lady and her dirty dog even sat next to the wife and I on an empty 600 passenger ferry to Seattle and told us we needed to put our masks on.
On an empty ferry while her stupid dog crawled on the table telling me what to do???

I have no more give a heck’s to give.
If you are still scared well it must suck to be you but could you just please keep it to yourself?

Old 08-17-2022, 11:10 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Red herring sea. There has been no spike in suicides, loneliness is a major issue that predates the virus, and lockdown isn't coming back (except in theory locally with a very deadly variant). Maybe in the future, when smart people realize safe socializing will not exist for a long time, suicides will spike.

Also, education disruption is small potatoes in the scheme of things, notwithstanding chronic disruption due to too many students or staff out sick. People won't be young forever. They'll age and then (maybe 35+) COVID will start doing tangible harm to their health, if it remains present at high levels with little or no way to prevent chronic or down-the-road issues. Which goes back to actual suicide spike, because some people disabled post-infection will give up on life. There probably will be data on that within a year.

The only way to get out of this involves improvements in modern medicine and some restrictions for the foreseeable future (such as test-to-fly and renewed vaccine mandates for shots that actually do what they claim to), and all of that hinges on compliance by the public. Which you (plural, actually) wish to undermine, because you want to be freeee.

Last edited by goodheathen; 08-17-2022 at 11:19 PM..

Old 08-18-2022, 04:23 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:

Also, education disruption is small potatoes in the scheme of things, notwithstanding chronic disruption due to too many students or staff out sick.
How many years have you been in education to arrive at this erroneous conclusion? I think I recall you saying you've never had children, a stall in education can have agood large negative impact!

You might wish to stay inside for the next week. My husband and I (unmasked and no shot) are leaving here in a few hours rs and driving to the Central Valley. No telling if we'll do a few side trips while out there or not.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:00 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
How many years have you been in education to arrive at this erroneous conclusion? I think I recall you saying you've never had children, a stall in education can have agood large negative impact!

You might wish to stay inside for the next week. My husband and I (unmasked and no shot) are leaving here in a few hours rs and driving to the Central Valley. No telling if we'll do a few side trips while out there or not.
"No, it's not."
"Yes, it is."

What a productive argument.

I do happen to have personal links to educators. Even if I'm wrong, I know a year without school (which isn't quite what happened) won't literally harm someone's health and nobody can go back in time to change things.

Especially if you're in education, act more responsible in your own life.

Old 08-18-2022, 03:36 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
"No, it's not."
"Yes, it is."

What a productive argument.

I do happen to have personal links to educators. Even if I'm wrong, I know a year without school (which isn't quite what happened) won't literally harm someone's health and nobody can go back in time to change things.

Especially if you're in education, act more responsible in your own life.
My sister is a special education teacher and yes while it equaled around a solid school year between closing the schools and the intermittent schedule of in the school some days and zoom on other days of the week, it had several negative impacts on molding these young lives. In youth is when people molded and sculpted and that depends on consistency!

Old 08-18-2022, 04:18 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
My sister is a special education teacher and yes while it equaled around a solid school year between closing the schools and the intermittent schedule of in the school some days and zoom on other days of the week, it had several negative impacts on molding these young lives. In youth is when people molded and sculpted and that depends on consistency!
A lot of College freshman paid a LOT of money and/or earned scholarships for an on campus experience and ended up getting another year of HS online instead. The thing is, existing students living on campus were allowed to stay.

SDSU and that college system are ignoring science and doing their own thing. The kids despise it. Instructors are exempt from wearing the C02 rebreather, petri dish masks.

Old 08-18-2022, 05:04 PM

So wait,
Did the kids have to wear that god awful unscientific oxygen restricting mask while the teachers did not?
I was under the thought that the teachers wanted the kids to keep masking up regardless of them being in the safest group.
Are both true?

Old 08-18-2022, 05:36 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
So wait,
Did the kids have to wear that god awful unscientific oxygen restricting mask while the teachers did not?
I was under the thought that the teachers wanted the kids to keep masking up regardless of them being in the safest group.
Are both true?
Absolutely

Instructional faculty, teaching assistants and interpreters who are fully up to date with their vaccinations can remove their facial coverings when teaching as long as students are masked in the classroom.

https://sacd.sdsu.edu/student-health...ral-prevention

Old 08-18-2022, 07:40 PM

I don’t believe any of those squeaky type educators have ever produced anything worthwhile in their life.
These types of people dumb down our educational system.

There is another thread about De Santis wanting to recruit first responders that have college to help fill in the gap of not enough teachers and he was ridiculed by the left that were thinking this will dumb down education.

I see these first responders as producers rather than these dismal squeaky wheels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California