Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 01:37 PM

6,602 posts, read 4,814,649 times

Advertisements

Someday treatments and vaccines won't work.
https://fortune.com/well/2022/09/24/...mmune-evasion/

See, that's Fortune. Economists and clinical researchers are smart enough to worry about the long-term.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:56 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 13 days ago)

34,448 posts, read 16,536,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Someday treatments and vaccines won't work.
https://fortune.com/well/2022/09/24/...mmune-evasion/

See, that's Fortune. Economists and clinical researchers are smart enough to worry about the long-term.
Same story with common cold and flus. Big yawn.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:42 PM

There is no common-cold vaccine, and no the common cold is not changing much. You should not be in here trying to anger people. Ask yourself if your behavior is normal and decent.

Old 09-27-2022, 01:46 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,587,189 times
Just saw a big concert. Probably a dozen masks out of 2000 people. It was freakin amazing.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:06 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,928,690 times
Another conspiracy turned true:

Quote:
The data showed that vaccinated people got their periods 0.71 days late, on average, after the first dose of vaccine. However, people who received two vaccinations within one menstrual cycle experienced greater disruptions. In this group, the average increase in cycle length was four days, and 13 percent experienced a delay of eight days or more, compared with 5 percent in the control group.

One major limitation of the study is the fact that it included only those who were not on birth control, had regular cycles before getting vaccinated and were between the ages of 18 and 45.

The study also didn’t answer all of the*questions raised by people about vaccines and periods, including how the shots affect trans men and nonbinary individuals. Ever since the vaccines were rolled out, many people on social media have complained of longer, heavier and more-painful periods after getting vaccinated.*
Rest of the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/welln...e-period-late/

So once again looks like those against the covid vaccines were right.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:00 AM

5,322 posts, read 18,201,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

A top vaccine expert is advising that healthy young people should not get the latest COVID-19 booster shot because "there's not clear evidence of benefit."

Here is another one https://www.theblaze.com/news/vaccin...-booster-young

Old 09-28-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

That does not support a good reason to be anti-vaccine, such as the rumor of infertility. Researchers can try to figure out if the temporary problem is more likely with some vaccines than others, but the target group is those who can get pregnant, which is one of the more dangerous situations in which to be infected. There will never be a disease that can be prevented or cure without some discomfort or sacrifice.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:40 AM

382 posts, read 175,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
A top vaccine expert is advising that healthy young people should not get the latest COVID-19 booster shot because "there's not clear evidence of benefit."

Here is another one https://www.theblaze.com/news/vaccin...-booster-young
Meanwhile, the idiot health officials here continue to want to get kids vaccinated. Denmark has it right, and I'm sure there are other countries following this, but not in this great state and country. They just continue the lies..

Vaccination of children against covid-19
Children and adolescents rarely become severely ill from the Omicron variant of covid-19.

From 1 July 2022, it was no longer possible for children and adolescents aged under 18 to get the first injection and, from 1 September 2022, it was no longer possible for them to get the second injection.

A very limited number of children at particularly higher risk of becoming severely ill will still be offered vaccination based on an individual assessment by a doctor.

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...m%20covid%2D19.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:48 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,000,918 times
I got really sick for about 24 hours after my second shot.
I felt so so ok then about 10-12 hours later I was a mess for 24 hours.

I’m glad that I don’t have any lingering conditions like some people.

I got Covid version 1.0 and omicron.
Version 1.0 was tough.
So tough that I can easily see that lots of older people and people with comorbidities died with and from it.

The shots never did anything positive for me like I was lead to believe.
I’m sorry I took the shots.
For me it was a risk that wasn’t worth taking.

People say that the shot lessens the effect that the virus has on you.
That in my opinion is pure BS.
The virus is having less effect on you because it is weakening not because of those sketchy shots.

Funny how now these lies are starting to get untangled.
There is even a bunch of truth to these “conspiracy” theories that people were once ridiculed and punished for.

Old 09-28-2022, 11:15 AM

382 posts, read 175,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I got really sick for about 24 hours after my second shot.
I felt so so ok then about 10-12 hours later I was a mess for 24 hours.

I’m glad that I don’t have any lingering conditions like some people.

I got Covid version 1.0 and omicron.
Version 1.0 was tough.
So tough that I can easily see that lots of older people and people with comorbidities died with and from it.

The shots never did anything positive for me like I was lead to believe.
I’m sorry I took the shots.
For me it was a risk that wasn’t worth taking.

People say that the shot lessens the effect that the virus has on you.
That in my opinion is pure BS.
The virus is having less effect on you because it is weakening not because of those sketchy shots.

Funny how now these lies are starting to get untangled.
There is even a bunch of truth to these “conspiracy” theories that people were once ridiculed and punished for.
Agree, same with me. May have long Covid vax, not Long Covid. Only reason I got the vax was because my kid's college required it. Same with my wife as a teacher. Both got Covid at different times, wife in May, and kid in July. Neither I nor our other kid got covid even though we didn't avoid the other two at the time.

I agree with you that I think the very first version was rough for many people (between early 2020-early 2021??), but the only one I know who had a difficult time was very overweight, high cholesterol, high bp, and had AB- blood. Everyone else with Type O and healthy without all those comorbidities was in bed for a few days to maybe a week. Call it anecdotal, don't really care. People posting articles about healthy people dying are just as anecdotal, but the fact they hear a few die sends panic, and you can see that in their posts.

I know, I know, what about Long Covid. What about it? Thought the vax was supposed to lessen the likelihood of Long Covid. Someone posts that 20% of cases have Long Covid. Ok, so break it down of who got Long Covid between vaxxed, unvaxxed, version 1.0, Delta, Omicron, etc. Would love to see that data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California