Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2022, 07:05 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Another conspiracy turned true:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/welln...e-period-late/

So once again looks like those against the covid vaccines were right.
It was never a "conspiracy theory."

New Study Shows Covid Vaccines Can Temporarily Alter Menstrual Cycle
Experts say there is no indication that vaccines affect fertility. Most people’s periods go back to normal within one cycle:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/27/w...ods-delay.html

Old 09-29-2022, 10:09 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
Big yawn. My wife has been back teaching with no mask since Aug. She hasn't had one kid out of 30 or so test positive and miss school. Keep up the anecdotes though. Blah, blah, blah.

Pretty much this. In our district, student case positivity is just under half a percent now, far below the county average. Some people want to continue to believe it's still March 2020. As far as I'm concerned, they can watch the world go by from a crack in their curtains for the rest of their lives. Meanwhile, health agencies/the government have quietly quit the pandemic.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
The news today said that Canada no longer requires that you have to prove you got the covid shot for entry into their country.

Among other restrictions they lifted.
They attribute the change in policy to their vaccination rate.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:15 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Pretty much this. In our district, student case positivity is just under half a percent now, far below the county average. Some people want to continue to believe it's still March 2020. As far as I'm concerned, they can watch the world go by from a crack in their curtains for the rest of their lives. Meanwhile, health agencies/the government have quietly quit the pandemic.
If you cover your eyes and ears (aka don't routinely test), there's no problem. Mass delusion. Chronic virus-induced health problems will be rampant soon.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:32 AM

https://www.politico.eu/article/firs...der-countries/
6-8 weeks for that to happen in California, I predict. I've heard cases are already rising in NYC.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
So Canada feels that the their high rate of people taking the shot will save them from getting ill from all the Americans and other people coming into their country?

I didn’t know that the shot can keep you from getting ill.
That’s amazing .
They must have a better shot than the one our president took .

In all seriousness these guys up north are similar to us down south and we all (for the most part) just want these restrictions to end so we can return to a normal prosperous life.
Nothing more nothing less.

Give it a few weeks and Australia will also announce a similar face saving statement that opens things up down there.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:26 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Even SDSU with their phony date about when they can unmask isn't doing testing because no one is now catching it. They just refuse to admit they were wrong and will force the masks on students even though the teachers get a pass.

Instructional faculty, teaching assistants and interpreters who are fully up to date with their vaccinations can remove their facial coverings when teaching as long as students are masked in the classroom.

https://sacd.sdsu.edu/student-health...ral-prevention

Old 09-29-2022, 08:02 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
https://www.politico.eu/article/firs...der-countries/
6-8 weeks for that to happen in California, I predict. I've heard cases are already rising in NYC.
Yes, it's rising like crazy. All four in my household have had it in September for the first time. Ditto three in my wife's extended family that lives upstate. All of the cases, though, were very mild. Like "getting sick" has always been.

Old 09-30-2022, 12:21 AM

I'll take the confirmatory cases-rising part and dismiss the unscientific insistence that the vast majority of cases will be very mild. A fair chunk will be quite disruptive, because it's not the common cold.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
So Canada feels that the their high rate of people taking the shot will save them from getting ill from all the Americans and other people coming into their country?

I didn’t know that the shot can keep you from getting ill.

Well, that is the claim and to a degree it's true. I've somehow remained covid-free throughout all this, with weekly testing to confirm it. That's also in spite of countless close contact and exposure notices that the school district I work for diligently tracks. If I was going to get it, I'm pretty sure I would've by now considering those odds. That's not empirical data but it's a good case study, for me at least. My guess is the mechanics of susceptibility to the virus aren't as binary as vaccinated/unvaccinated. It's more multi-factor than that. And fwiw, the possibility of breakthrough cases was always on the table, even prior to development of the vaccines.

That all aside, I see it as a good thing regardless of the reason Canada presented, that they and other countries which imposed strict measures are scaling them back. The national vaccination rate in Canada isn't that much higher than it is here. Plus, I'm fairly confident that viruses don't respect international borders anyway.

tl;dr --- The developed world is moving on from covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California