Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2020, 12:16 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Nine days after the above question - we have doubled. Nine days. Doubled.

Hopefully, with curves flattening across the nation, we won’t see yet another doubling.

Governments are not overreaching.
Yep, you were right TM, I was wrong. However, some governments are completely overreaching. MI definitely, regardless of you saying they're a bunch of whiners for protesting. How dare they protest to get back to work? How dare those protest not to work, but only for a living wage. Yes, makes complete sense to me.

Sorry, but still to this day over 50% of the deaths are concentrated in NY/NJ. Cuomo has received such high marks for his handling of the crisis. Hmm, ok. Maybe he should overreach and shut down the subway. Plenty of other states can open up with safe measures. There are many with lower cases and deaths per capita than many states that are trying to enforce such lockdowns. Again, the 65+ crowd can stay inside or those that have an underlying condition can stay inside, let those that want to open certain areas up do it. Fact is, 80% of deaths are 65+ and 89% of those hospitalized have an underlying condition. Mike said it best, he's willing to take the risk with precautionary measures, as are many.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:51 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I agree, but isn't that happening in only one state?
Yes, Michigan.

Back to coronavirus in the California forum.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:05 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
You don't think so? Do you feel that restricting people from buying seeds and plants for their garden NOT to be a little over the top? The main purpose of these types of items is to produce food ... which is supposed to be essential. Furthermore, growing food in a garden is far less of a risk than wandering the grocery store, picking up items that others have touched.

I think you understand it but it's obvious government leaders don't because they probably have all their food delivered anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I agree, but isn't that happening in only one state?

You know what...if I saw a rope with a sign hanging over the seed stand, I'd just...reach over and help myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Yes, Michigan.

Here’s the thing: Michigan didn’t ban buying seeds (or a number of other things being claimed on the internet and by people who are laboring under misinformation).

Did Michigan ban gardening? Debunking 4 coronavirus claims spread on social media
https://www.clickondetroit.com/featu...-social-media/

As I posted the other day, I read more and then called my cousins in Detroit. This is quite a misinformation campaign being waged to trash the governor. Even MSM is misreporting sometimes.

More later.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:15 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,686,206 times
Quote:
Yes, Michigan.

So then, let's not any of us post links that aren't related to California, K?

Quote:
Here’s the thing: Michigan didn’t ban buying seeds (or a number of other things being claimed on the internet and by people who are laboring under misinformation).

Did Michigan ban gardening? Debunking 4 coronavirus claims spread on social media
https://www.clickondetroit.com/featu...-social-media/

As I posted the other day, I read more and then called my cousins in Detroit. This is quite a misinformation campaign being waged to trash the governor. Even MSM is misreporting sometimes.

More later.
Because you have a cousin in Michigan who's giving you the lowdown on what's happening there, you're the expert of everything Michigan? C'mon. There have been a number of news interviews given by people also living there and they're telling a different story. And now, as advised by CA4now, back to the subject of California.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:22 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
So then, let's not any of us post links that aren't related to California, K?

Because you have a cousin in Michigan who's giving you the lowdown on what's happening there, you're the expert of everything Michigan? C'mon. There have been a number of news interviews given by people also living there and they're telling a different story. And now, as advised by CA4now, back to the subject of California.
No. I just linked coverage that debunks the tomato seed ban. My cousins didn’t write the fact check.

Nor did they write these corrections of the fake news:

Michigan's COVID-19 order doesn’t ban gardening or sale of seeds and fruit
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ale-seeds-and/

Fact check: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer did not ban sale of U.S. flags, plants, seeds
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/2990476001/

The reason this Michigan issue came into discussion in the California forum is because numerous posters here were using Michigan as an example of over-the-top government controls. I responded that I thought the stories circulating to support the over-the-top claims were themselves fabrications by political activists ... and that, in fact, my personal experience, plus my research fact-checking, tells me that Michigan’s shut down restrictions are quite in line with California’s ... and Washington’s, where I am now adapting and hoop jumping to get roofing materials and other building supplies from suppliers.

It’s a similar mess and hassle in many states right now. And, I just read NPR coverage of the issue this morning that pointed out 187 countries and territories around the globe are in states of shut down.

So: overreach? Apparently a majority of leadership disagrees. Furthermore, I also posted links to recent polling that shows a full 2/3rds of Americans also agree with the shut downs and do NOT want them ended early.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,872 times
This is quite interesting. I never liked those AC systems. If I had to sit under one of those at a restaurant now I definitely like them even less. While not specific to CA, I think much of the information even if in other states, and this case China gives us more information, so not sure why we have to limit it to CA. What other states do and don’t do has an impact on CA so I say keep posting.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article

Old 04-20-2020, 03:50 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
So Forbes and a number of other sources stating this are incorrect, Mutt? I'm surprised at their journalists for publishing such information.

(On second thought, I'm sorry to say that right now, I don't care as much about Michigan, and don't know how we got derailed on to that subject, so you don't need to answer.)

Old 04-20-2020, 03:57 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,686,206 times
Just let it be, CA4Now. There's no disputing the great authority on CD.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:18 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Broadway star Nick Cordero, who recently starred in a new production of “Rock of Ages” in Hollywood, is set to have his leg amputated after suffering complications linked to COVID-19.

The Canadian actor, 41, who has a 10-month-old son with former dancer Amanda Kloots, is due to have his right leg amputated Saturday due to blood clotting in the limb following an infection from the novel coronavirus, Kloots shared on Instagram Saturday.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...9-complication

But at least people can still jog. Muh jogging...gubbermint can't tell me wut to do...

Old 04-20-2020, 04:30 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But at least people can still jog. Muh jogging...gubbermint can't tell me wut to do...
If you actually look at the guidelines, exercising is allowed. It’s beyond me why you can’t understand that.

In this case, we’re doing just what the “gubbermint” told us we can do. Maybe you should take it up with the gubbernor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California