Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 04:11 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
These articles hit with subscription request, can't read. The only thing I could see is that Newsom said CA might be days and not weeks away from removing lockdown.

I cut and pasted articlre below

[LEFT]"California could be days away from loosening parts of its stay-at-home order to fight the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday.
“We’re getting very, very close to making some announcements that I think will be very meaningful to people,” Newsom said at his daily coronavirus news conference.
The changes would apply to the retail and hospitality industries, and could be announced as soon as early next week, Newsom said.
The governor said restrictions could be loosened “as long as we continue to be prudent and thoughtful in certain modifications.”
[/LEFT]Dustin Gardiner is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer."

Old 05-01-2020, 04:14 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post

[LEFT]"California could be days away from loosening parts of its stay-at-home order to fight the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday.
“We’re getting very, very close to making some announcements that I think will be very meaningful to people,” Newsom said at his daily coronavirus news conference.
The changes would apply to the retail and hospitality industries, and could be announced as soon as early next week, Newsom said.
The governor said restrictions could be loosened “as long as we continue to be prudent and thoughtful in certain modifications.”
[/LEFT]Dustin Gardiner is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer."
He's feeling the fire under his ass after the protest today.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:14 PM

460 posts, read 232,448 times
Quote:

"California could be days away from loosening parts of its stay-at-home order to fight the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday.
Dustin Gardiner is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer."
What I see today in LA Times is:
Quote:
“I just want folks to know we’re getting very close to making really meaningful augmentations to that stay-at-home order,” Newsom said at his daily news conference on coronavirus efforts. “I want to say many days, not weeks, as long as we continue to be prudent and thoughtful.”
So seems like he said "many" days... I was hoping it was few days, which is usually what's meant when they say "days away" - but it could be media changing the meaning of what was said and he might have really said many days.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I use adblocks in all my browsers.
Anyway, good to summarize content when posting articles as the links also often expire over time, not to mention most places requiring subscription now, at least post a headline.

A number of newspapers are waving the need to have a subscription for covid-19 related articles.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
He's feeling the fire under his ass after the protest today.
Definitely starting to dangle the carrot of reopening. If multiple counties go the Modoc County way and just start reopening on their own, sheriffs refusing to enforce, it'd be embarassing and making it look like powerlessness of the State, which is not what the State would want.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
A number of newspapers are waving the need to have a subscription for covid-19 related articles.
Yes, seems like some are doing it, what one would expect in the times of crisis instead of trying to squeeze the dime out. Anyway, I won't let them trash my computer or mind with ads and there're a couple of ways to bypass these subscription/adblock-related blocks, which I won't post here of course, but there're instructions online out there. The same material usually gets repeated in other media anyway, which doesn't require removing adblocks.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:21 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Article is a bit long......but, I found it to be a good read and a source of hope

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...k-15238219.php
Yeah, I can read it. Thank you for posting it.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
What I see today in LA Times is:

So seems like he said "many" days... I was hoping it was few days, which is usually what's meant when they say "days away" - but it could be media changing the meaning of what was said and he might have really said many days.

Wait and see what he says next week. He supposedly he is going to make some sort of announcement then.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Wait and see what he says next week. He supposedly he is going to make some sort of announcement then.
Yes. There's this article too:
https://krcrtv.com/news/coronavirus/...er-newsom-says

Quote:
"We're getting very close to making very meaningful augmentations to that stay-at-home order. We said 'weeks, not months' about four or five days ago. I want to say 'many days, not weeks.' As long as we continue to be prudent and thoughtful in certain modifications, I think we'll be making some announcements."

Newsom said he believed "we're getting very, very close" to lifting restrictions on more businesses, including the retail, hospitality and restaurant sectors. The governor hinted he'd elaborate on those changes next week.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:59 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
https://krcrtv.com/news/local/six-no...-let-us-reopen

I would like to reopen, we have very low rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California