Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 11:53 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
Nothing extreme will happen... TX has very small number of covid-related deaths per day, 31, while population is 29M and their moving average had stabilized some time ago.
Probably will be the path similar to Sweden, where this number had been declining for over 10 days now - this is the chart Google co makes difficult to find even though it shows results for US states and other countries easily for ycharts:
https://ycharts.com/indicators/swede...deaths_per_day
Lol. All these projections from anonymous “experts”.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:35 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Going to start opening up parts of the state this week. Yay!

I think the governor must have decided he can't fight the public any longer. On Friday, a young cafe owner in El Dorado decided to open her cafe, be damned with the order. She said if she didn't open, she'd end up being homeless. She said for those who want to come to her place, they can and those who don't, stay home. I applaud her for standing up and saying something.

Not all parts of this state are the same. And the governor recognizes this, which is probably why he's relenting. Honestly, though. Watching the briefing right now is kind of funny. They all sound like they're celebrating all the good news but really it's just a cya because they know they can't control us any more. lol

Oh and Dr. Sonia Angell (spokesperson) said they are awaiting millions of N95 masks and surgical masks. I hope she read the article that China is sending masks to us that are inferior. Be warned if you're buying a mask made in China. You're better off making your own. Simple way to do it is take a bandanna, fold it lengthwise several times where it will fit over your nose and mouth, slide a rubber band on each end and position it a ways in, fold the ends of the bandanna toward the middle and you've got yourself a mask with elastic to slip over your ears. It's really simple and probably more effective than the crap we'll be getting from China.

Like this one: https://youtu.be/dnBqwowZi5w

Old 05-04-2020, 01:49 PM

460 posts, read 232,236 times
So Newsom just declared that phase 2 of reopening begins later this week:
https://laist.com/latest/post/202005...dates-covid-19

And just few hours earlier today "experts" in LA Times predicted itd be "mid-June" when phase 2 starts, haha!
Multiple rural counties decided to re-open anyway already, and even Sacramento county started talking about this, not to mention Folsom wanted to declare independence and re-open.

Last edited by landlock; 05-04-2020 at 01:57 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 01:56 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Going to start opening up parts of the state this week. Yay!

I think the governor must have decided he can't fight the public any longer. On Friday, a young cafe owner in El Dorado decided to open her cafe, be damned with the order. She said if she didn't open, she'd end up being homeless. She said for those who want to come to her place, they can and those who don't, stay home. I applaud her for standing up and saying something.

Not all parts of this state are the same. And the governor recognizes this, which is probably why he's relenting. Honestly, though. Watching the briefing right now is kind of funny. They all sound like they're celebrating all the good news but really it's just a cya because they know they can't control us any more. lol

Oh and Dr. Sonia Angell (spokesperson) said they are awaiting millions of N95 masks and surgical masks. I hope she read the article that China is sending masks to us that are inferior. Be warned if you're buying a mask made in China. You're better off making your own. Simple way to do it is take a bandanna, fold it lengthwise several times where it will fit over your nose and mouth, slide a rubber band on each end and position it a ways in, fold the ends of the bandanna toward the middle and you've got yourself a mask with elastic to slip over your ears. It's really simple and probably more effective than the crap we'll be getting from China.

Like this one:
https://youtu.be/dnBqwowZi5w
So glad you mentioned this Mars. They realize they can’t control us anymore. That’s the problem I have always had with the tone of the politicians here and the MI Governor. Even last night on ABC 7 Bay Area news, the joker David Canepa, San Mateo County Supervisor, said that “if the people abuse this privilege, we will take it away.” Who the f do you think you are little minion Supervisor to say that. Seriously, that’s the problem I see, and the people are fed up with it.

Now, today, Greasy Gavin announces going into Phase 2 based on the science and data. Really, like the data has changed in 2 days? Doubt it, it’s exactly what you said here.

Old 05-04-2020, 02:49 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
looks like Nuisance is giving in a little to the pressure

and enough with the xenophobia. The KN95 masks from china are better than your rubber band hankerchiefs.
They just need to stop ordering from shady sources

Old 05-04-2020, 02:56 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

and enough with the xenophobia. The KN95 masks from china are better than your rubber band hankerchiefs.
Oh come on! It’s nothing about xenophobia. There have been reports that their masks are substandard. Considering all the covering up and lack of cooperation China exhibited during the virus, I wouldn’t buy anything from there if I can help it.

Old 05-04-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
So glad you mentioned this Mars. They realize they can’t control us anymore. That’s the problem I have always had with the tone of the politicians here and the MI Governor. Even last night on ABC 7 Bay Area news, the joker David Canepa, San Mateo County Supervisor, said that “if the people abuse this privilege, we will take it away.” Who the f do you think you are little minion Supervisor to say that. Seriously, that’s the problem I see, and the people are fed up with it.

Now, today, Greasy Gavin announces going into Phase 2 based on the science and data. Really, like the data has changed in 2 days? Doubt it, it’s exactly what you said here.
Should be interesting to see what David Canepa has to say about it, today. I know that each area differs and the bay area is at higher risk than say some small rural area in the mountains. Each needs to be treated individually. 'Course, one thing I would say to those who want to get out of the city and head for the hills. Don't. Stay away. Keep the virus in your own area and leave us alone. j/k I hope everyone who is ill will be better soon and no more lives lost. It's truly sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
They just need to stop ordering from shady sources
Call it what you want. I got that information off the news over the weekend. I didn't make anything up and if you place a coffee filter inside that mask, it works pretty well. That's what we've doing for our medical personnel here who weren't able to get any masks. Oh and for your information, China hid the severity of the virus so they could hoard medical supplies. That is coming from the DHS. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...plies-n1199221

btw, I hope you are fully recovered from the virus now and feeling chipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Oh come on! It’s nothing about xenophobia. There have been reports that their masks are substandard. Considering all the covering up and lack of cooperation China exhibited during the virus, I wouldn’t buy anything from there if I can help it.
Thanks for corroborating the report. There's strength in numbers.

Old 05-04-2020, 03:52 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
I am glad we are moving to phase 2, roll on the rest of the roll back of restrictions. My community has had no new cases for ages, & only 16 total for whole county since the start, yet we are still on lock down. I want life to get back to normal.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I am glad we are moving to phase 2, roll on the rest of the roll back of restrictions. My community has had no new cases for ages, & only 16 total for whole county since the start, yet we are still on lock down. I want life to get back to normal.
That is great news about the numbers in your area, evening sun. That's what I'm referring to. Not all areas of the state are affected the same. There's no need to have such strict rules for everyone.

I hope you get your life back soon. It's been stifling. That's a fact!

Old 05-04-2020, 04:06 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
That is great news about the numbers in your area, evening sun. That's what I'm referring to. Not all areas of the state are affected the same. There's no need to have such strict rules for everyone.

I hope you get your life back soon. It's been stifling. That's a fact!

I agree, Mars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California