Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 04:13 PM

460 posts, read 232,236 times

Advertisements

I kind of freaked out this morning when I read in LA Times that they project phase 2 possibly not to start until mid-June ("or later")...and phase 3 in "early fall". I bet Governor's office got flooded by messages after that...and may be that article was published on purpose, to test the waters and see the reaction. Computers probably caught fire in the Gavin's office after that from all the expletives going over the wires.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:17 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
I kind of freaked out this morning when I read in LA Times that they project phase 2 possibly not to start until mid-June ("or later")...and phase 3 in "early fall". I bet Governor's office got flooded by messages after that...and may be that article was published on purpose, to test the waters and see the reaction. Computers probably caught fire in the Gavin's office after that from all the expletives going over the wires.
It’s more likely he got the budget shortfall projections before the briefing.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:19 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
It’s more likely he got the budget shortfall projections before the briefing.
That has to be depressing. All that surplus gone and now he'll have to come asking taxpayers for more money. At least the money was there. Now he knows how I feel about my own bank account. There one day and gone the next.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:19 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
For some reason, I was able to read the article without

Same here. I sent a readable (to me) SF Chron article to a family member recently and she was blocked as well.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:34 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I am glad we are moving to phase 2, roll on the rest of the roll back of restrictions. My community has had no new cases for ages, & only 16 total for whole county since the start, yet we are still on lock down. I want life to get back to normal.
stage 2 is bs. Restaurants, malls etc should all be reopening under phase 2. Those people that afraid of this virus can stay home , rest of us should be able to get on with our life. Yes people will die that is a fact but we can't keep people home for much longer

Old 05-04-2020, 04:41 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
i bet a bunch of people have a hard-on to wipe everything out and equalize everything.

.... like what if we bankrupted EVERYONE rich and poor, and made everyone start over from scratch?

wouldn't that be exciting?

Old 05-04-2020, 04:48 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
stage 2 is bs. Restaurants, malls etc should all be reopening under phase 2. Those people that afraid of this virus can stay home , rest of us should be able to get on with our life. Yes people will die that is a fact but we can't keep people home for much longer
I tend to agree, looking at what can be reopened as to what is open today, there is not much difference. I never go to a florists, unless I am ordering a funeral wreath. I see florists can now open on friday, big whoop.
We need to get back to normal. Some scientists are saying the summer heat will kill much of the virus, I hope so.

Old 05-04-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not convinced about this. The virus will be circulating in human population from now on just like flu and cold viruses (some of which also happen to be coronaviruses). Working vaccine is a far out dream. It doesn't matter if the person comes out now or 2 months from now, or 4 month from now - if they're susceptible and they're not protecting themselves, they'll get infected and if they can't resist it, they'd die. I think it'll be about the same number of infected, one or another way, since there's no vaccine.

Georgia truly reopened about 10 days ago. Are there any stats on Georgia, most recent days, especially covid deaths per day? Why is it so hard to find?

Old 05-04-2020, 05:09 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
No, I'm not convinced about this. The virus will be circulating in human population from now on just like flu and cold viruses (some of which also happen to be coronaviruses). Working vaccine is a far out dream. It doesn't matter if the person comes out now or 2 months from now, or 4 month from now - if they're susceptible and they're not protecting themselves, they'll get infected and if they can't resist it, they'd die. I think it'll be about the same number of infected, one or another way, since there's no vaccine.

Georgia truly reopened about 10 days ago. Are there any stats on Georgia, most recent days, especially covid deaths per day? Why is it so hard to find?
Too early, it can take up to 14 days for someone to be showing symptoms.

Old 05-04-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Too early, it can take up to 14 days for someone to be showing symptoms.
It's 5 days on average, 14 is just max. I guess there's no more Georgia, that's why no news...rip.
I've seen reporting up to April 29 (very hard to find for some reason) and after that no info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California