Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 06:03 PM

460 posts, read 232,448 times

Advertisements

I found Georgia official COVID reporting site - just graphs load very slowly.
Definitely there's no apocalypses or even increase so far only a decrease. They were reporting 30+ deaths per day before reopening 10 days ago, and the latest figures are 5-7 per day, infections per day decreased too.
When I google this stuff, all that comes up are 6-day old journalist predictions that GA is going to have cases doubling shortly.

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Last edited by landlock; 05-04-2020 at 06:13 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 07:21 PM

1,350 posts, read 819,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
stage 2 is bs. Restaurants, malls etc should all be reopening under phase 2. Those people that afraid of this virus can stay home , rest of us should be able to get on with our life. Yes people will die that is a fact but we can't keep people home for much longer
How about clothing stores? Is Macy's opening this Friday? (I have to know, lol).

He said book stores, clothing stores (but is that curbside pick up only? Why not just have it delivered to your house then?), and florists.

Old 05-04-2020, 07:28 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
yesterday I went to a walmart superstore, and it was packed!

everyone was required to wear a face condom, but no one was distancing.

hahah

Let's just do away with the distancing; no one's doing it.

Old 05-04-2020, 07:53 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
How about clothing stores? Is Macy's opening this Friday? (I have to know, lol).

He said book stores, clothing stores (but is that curbside pick up only? Why not just have it delivered to your house then?), and florists.
Public wants reopening, so he gave it to them. I agree with you about delivery and i suspect there will be many more protest once people realize how bs this reopening is.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:06 PM

77 posts, read 82,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
I found Georgia official COVID reporting site - just graphs load very slowly.
Definitely there's no apocalypses or even increase so far only a decrease. They were reporting 30+ deaths per day before reopening 10 days ago, and the latest figures are 5-7 per day, infections per day decreased too.
When I google this stuff, all that comes up are 6-day old journalist predictions that GA is going to have cases doubling shortly.

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report
Considering the very long incubation period, we won't really know until right about now onward if cases are going to start moving upward. It may even take another week or so, as not everyone gets infected day 1 of reopening. Places like NYC didn't really explode until COVID was moving through to population for well over a month.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:12 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post

He threw you a crumb you can’t even walk inside the stores. And all the stores have been doing curbside service all along. What about salons and restaurants? He didn’t say one word about anything of substance. Now you can go to a florist or bookstore yeehaw break out the champagne Oh and he released San Clemente beach from lockdown what a guy

I live in Arizona now. Retail opened today, salons open Fri, restaurants open Monday. And the governor thanked us residents over and over for their patience and kindness. No bs just stated what when how. Loved it

Old 05-04-2020, 08:17 PM

1,350 posts, read 819,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
He threw you a crumb you can’t even walk inside the stores. And all the stores have been doing curbside service all along. What about salons and restaurants? He didn’t say one word about anything of substance. Now you can go to a florist or bookstore yeehaw break out the champagne Oh and he released San Clemente beach from lockdown what a guy
The florists are for Mother's Day! Or, they'd probably still be closed. Think of all the lost revenue for restaurants for Mother's Day.

Yes, I need a salon, badly.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenext88 View Post
Considering the very long incubation period, we won't really know until right about now onward if cases are going to start moving upward. It may even take another week or so, as not everyone gets infected day 1 of reopening. Places like NYC didn't really explode until COVID was moving through to population for well over a month.
But it's 5 days incubation time on average...they reopened 10 days ago (and let me tell you in most of GA people aren't into distancing or masks), so by now there'd be at least more cases seen - they're doing a lot of testing, and the number of tests they do every day increases, just the number of positives had stabilized and then decreased (there's another site with more GA charts https://www.ajc.com/news/coronavirus...dP3RI9hJU5CWO/)
Just not seeing projected apocalypses brewing, so far.

Last edited by landlock; 05-04-2020 at 08:31 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 08:25 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Dad wasn't happy today with the kids. Watching his briefing, I couldn't help think he was silently cursing all of us for rebelling against his order. He did say if we didn't behave he's going to ground us again.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:30 PM

"Angell and Newsom both added that individual counties may submit their own easing plans that could allow restaurants to reopen more quickly in some areas versus others....'We have great confidence in local health officials in understanding the needs of their very specific communities,' Newsom said"
Restaurants were originally in "phase 2" of reopening, not in "phase 3" with nail salons and gyms - it just seems like they're doing it all in steps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California