Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 10:24 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,233,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I wasn’t commenting on the reopening issue ... just supplying verification of coverage by all media sides of the Georgia statistics faux-pas ... in this case FOX News.

Stacy Abrams? Lol. Watch that lady ascend in coming years. She is not to be taken lightly. My comments are not to be taken as an endorsement ... just an advisory re: judging her a train wreck.
I think it’s just too early to tell if the Georgia reopening caused an increase or not, as one poster suggested.

As far as Abrams, we disagree. I sincerely hope that she stays exactly where she is. She’s had serious financial issues, she did not disclose interest in a company she had that had dealings with the government while she was in the assembly and she’s pro identity politics. In my opinion, she’s a train wreck.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:30 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,128,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I think it’s just too early to tell if the Georgia reopening caused an increase or not, as one poster suggested.

As far as Abrams, we disagree. I sincerely hope that she stays exactly where she is. She’s had serious financial issues, she did not disclose interest in a company she had that had dealings with the government while she was in the assembly and she’s pro identity politics. In my opinion, she’s a train wreck.
You’re on fire today!!! Way to question the dem establishment.... love it

Old 05-19-2020, 10:36 AM

19,104 posts, read 16,474,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Georgia governor forced to apologize for releasing fake numbers on infections:
https://americanindependent.com/bria...rnor-covid-19/

Georgia’s coronavirus data made reopening look safe. The numbers were a lie:
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ata-brian-kemp

GA Gov Brian Kemp apologizes after state Health Department chart wrongly shows downward trend in COVID-19 infections:
https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/its...19-infections/
Are we doing the same thing here in CA because if not, how does stats from Georgia affect stats here?

With so many counties opening up here, I'm interested in why mine isn't. I don't give two hoots about Georgia. smh

Old 05-19-2020, 10:38 AM

26,580 posts, read 26,445,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Are we doing the same thing here in CA because if not, how does stats from Georgia affect stats here?
Because a few posters on this thread felt that if GA reopened without any increase in confirmed cases and deaths, then our state needed to as well.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Because a few posters on this thread felt that if GA reopened without any increase in confirmed cases and deaths, then our state needed to as well.
If that's the case, those people need to get a clue. Not all states and population density is the same.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:44 AM

21,565 posts, read 16,072,372 times
Quote:

I agree it’s too early to tell about Georgia. That is the point of the challenges made to so many posts being made that cite Georgia as an example that opening is safe. Maybe. Maybe not so much.

Personally, I’ve not been much of a rigid shut down fan ... or even face mask fan. It may seem otherwise because many of my topic posts have supported the legality of emergency powers enactments ... and because I have cited the science behind isolation while more research develops better understanding of how best to thwart the threats.

But in actuality what I have been saying is simply: we (especially the millions of anonymous, amateur, armchair biostatisticians and epidemiologists who have been polluting forums across the country) don’t know enough about this disease to come to all these assertive conclusions being voiced.

The only thing science can say with complete certainty is: where there is no contact possible, there can be no transmission.

This doesn’t mean shut downs and distancing are the best solution. That remains to be seen.

But we damn sure DO need to take conservative approaches to buying the time necessary to research and analyze the situation. I think it's very likely there are more angles and tricks and ramifications to this virus than meet the eyes so far. And science is capable in this day and age of moving very fast.

People need to be patient and thoughtful. A few months of challenges to status quo lifestyle is nothing compared to the history of human challenges.

Lol Stacy Abrams. Speaking of financial issues and conflicts and identity politics: who is POTUS right now?
Nuff said.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:47 AM

21,565 posts, read 16,072,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
If that's the case, those people need to get a clue. Not all states and population density is the same.
Exactly right, Mars

Old 05-19-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Exactly right, Mars
Except it should have read "are the same" not "is the same." My grammar this morning sucks.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:48 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,233,704 times
Quote:
You’d have to address Texas, Florida and Colorado as well instead of cherry picking Georgia. First of all ANY state will likely have some sort of spike when people get together again. It doesn’t mean we all need to hide until they get a vaccine out.

We’re down a rabbit trail, but to swing it back to California, Newsom’s decisions have been pretty random and illogical, let alone the fact he’s proven he won’t enforce any of his mandates (likely because law enforcement refuses to do so).

My personal opinion is he’s making random changes so it won’t look like he’s losing control as more counties and businesses start to ignore him.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
My personal opinion is he’s making random changes so it won’t look like he’s losing control as more counties and businesses start to ignore him.
Well, I wish our county would ignore him and reopen. This is getting ridiculous. My little town hasn't shown a large number of infections yet we get sucked into the whole county. It's maddening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California