Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 01:55 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times

Advertisements

I'm not panicking over the virus.....I'm panicking over the panicking. We've had one confirmed case here at our local hospital in podunk Porterville. Question: why is everyone stocking up on bottled water? Do they think the city water taps are going to go dry or what?

Old 03-13-2020, 03:17 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,740,223 times
Thursday I drove to our dentist in Chico and afterwards I stopped at the FoodMax grocery. There were no crowds. In the checkout line I had one guy ahead of me.

I was able to stock up on essentials, like mustard, horseradish, whipped cream, bolillos, key lime pie and wine. They had toilet paper all over the store. We didn't need any, but I grabbed a 12-pack for $ 3.99. You never know, you know. If someone really needs it I'm willing to trade it for a rod-and-reel combo in good condition.

Sorry, but I won't trade a gold chain for it, I have no use for that, and the Airedale already has a collar with some chain. Tobi's chain isn't gold, but he doesn't care, and neither do I.

If I never post again, please ask Mutt to take my remains out in his boat - I always wanted a burial at sea, and he could keep our last roll of toilet paper and the 3 cans of Coors in the fridge - unless Dear Wife gets to it first.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:12 PM

55 posts, read 57,390 times
I just went to the store to get an onion. The entire kiosk that holds onions and potatoes of every type was 100% bare. Went to see what they had for meat and the entire meat selection was about 90-95% gone. I walked out empty handed. People are nuts.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:22 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Thursday I drove to our dentist in Chico and afterwards I stopped at the FoodMax grocery. There were no crowds. In the checkout line I had one guy ahead of me.

I was able to stock up on essentials, like mustard, horseradish, whipped cream, bolillos, key lime pie and wine. They had toilet paper all over the store. We didn't need any, but I grabbed a 12-pack for $ 3.99. You never know, you know. If someone really needs it I'm willing to trade it for a rod-and-reel combo in good condition.

Sorry, but I won't trade a gold chain for it, I have no use for that, and the Airedale already has a collar with some chain. Tobi's chain isn't gold, but he doesn't care, and neither do I.

If I never post again, please ask Mutt to take my remains out in his boat - I always wanted a burial at sea, and he could keep our last roll of toilet paper and the 3 cans of Coors in the fridge - unless Dear Wife gets to it first.
Someone posted a comment that this is how Planet of the Apes started.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:32 PM

130,332 posts, read 12,105,905 times
I went grocery shopping this morning, no shortages of anything, lots of meats, frozen goods, breads, cakes, etc. And loads of toilet paper.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:46 PM

55 posts, read 57,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I went grocery shopping this morning, no shortages of anything, lots of meats, frozen goods, breads, cakes, etc. And loads of toilet paper.
sierra nevadas? If thats where u r thats likely why. Rural. I live in the L.A. area. Every store is a total zoo as we speak, even the small indepenants.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:53 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:

I can do the burial at sea ... happy to oblige ... but I don’t drink. So maybe swap that part for some good weed or hash? Enhances the sunsets nicely

Old 03-13-2020, 07:03 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,740,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I can do the burial at sea ... happy to oblige ... but I don’t drink. So maybe swap that part for some good weed or hash? Enhances the sunsets nicely
Oh man, I'm counting on you. I must tell Dear Wife, anything happens to me the gas leaf-blower has your name on it. If Gavin catches you blowing it, tell him it was grandfathered in by mgforshort.

Honestly now, can you drive a sailboat with a leaf blower on a really calm day ?

Old 03-13-2020, 07:50 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Oh man, I'm counting on you. I must tell Dear Wife, anything happens to me the gas leaf-blower has your name on it. If Gavin catches you blowing it, tell him it was grandfathered in by mgforshort.

Honestly now, can you drive a sailboat with a leaf blower on a really calm day ?
Lol. Better, I can ‘drive’ my boat with the old ‘iron sail’ ... a.k.a. the motor. In fact, I drive the iron sail without any gas or diesel. I MacGyver'd my own electric propulsion drive. Nearly silent running. No stink. No Gavin permission required. She runs slicker than cat slobber in a bait bucket. Got no use for your leaf blower. You can leave that with your wife.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:55 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
We're supposed to be staying away from places with a lot of people, yet everyone is flocking to Costco in prep to stay home to stay away from people. Irony of all ironies.

The supply chain will be fine. Retailers and their vendors are making a ton of money from this panic buying; they're capitalizing on this surge in demand.

On a separate note, cashers in retail stores should all be wearing surgical masks. They have no idea if their next customer is sick.
Who says we are supposed to be staying from lots of places? I been going to restaurants, gym etc. I seriously do not understand all of this people that are panicking when healthy people get mild symptoms to no symptoms at all. Those that are vulnerable should stay home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California