Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 12:32 PM

21,742 posts, read 16,374,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I will challenge it in court if i get a ticket. I have the resources to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
That's what a lawyer is for
Lol. No lawyer will take your case unless you have legitimate prior professional medical verification.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:40 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,187,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I disagree, I don't think that large crowds of people outdoors NOT wearing masks is safe. Here's why they closed the beaches here, people seem unable to just go rafting or have a good time with their close friends or family they are somehow compelled to tie all their rafts together and booze it up out of sight of the park rangers. I've never seen so many stupid people I think the average IQ here must be about 70. I'm not sure how you could look at that picture and claim that all large outdoor events are safe.
Hmmm just about as crowded and even less booze filled as Grusomes Napa winery this weekend which is fully booked and open. Maybe he’s even there himself sipping his own Merlot. Cheers governor!!! Happy 4th !!

Old 07-03-2020, 12:46 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
I disagree, I don't think that large crowds of people outdoors NOT wearing masks is safe. Here's why they closed the beaches here, people seem unable to just go rafting or have a good time with their close friends or family they are somehow compelled to tie all their rafts together and booze it up out of sight of the park rangers. I've never seen so many stupid people I think the average IQ here must be about 70. I'm not sure how you could look at that picture and claim that all large outdoor events are safe.
I think you missed my point. I never said large gatherings outside were safe. In a nutshell and for the tenth time, you can’t say large groups outside are unsafe but protesting is safe. It’s all or nothing.

If protesting outside in large groups is ok, then beaches should be too. I think both contributed to it, as well as the bars and I’ve repeatedly said so.

I can’t understand why you can’t admit protesting didn’t contribute to it other than for the sake of political correctness.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,316,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Hmmm just about as crowded and even less booze filled as Grusomes Napa winery this weekend which is fully booked and open. Maybe he’s even there himself sipping his own Merlot. Cheers governor!!! Happy 4th !!
Plumpjack winery is only having private tastings by appointment only, any winery in California is free to do the same thing (dang just when you thought you'd come up with some kind of amazing scandal I hate it when that happens, don't you?) https://plumpjackwinery.com/content/...Doc_8.5x11.pdf

PS winery tasting rooms were closed in 19 counties, this particular Plumpjack winery is in Napa County which is not on the list.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 07-03-2020 at 01:14 PM..

Old 07-03-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I think you missed my point. I never said large gatherings outside were safe. In a nutshell and for the tenth time, you can’t say large groups outside are unsafe but protesting is safe. It’s all or nothing.
If protesting outside in large groups is ok, then beaches should be too. I think both contributed to it, as well as the bars and I’ve repeatedly said so.
I can’t understand why you can’t admit protesting didn’t contribute to it other than for the sake of political correctness.
I don't make decisions on the basis of political correctness. I am relying upon data and you don't like the data. I can leave it right there and I'm not troubled one bit that you disagree with me. If everyone agreed we certainly wouldn't be spending our time arguing in forums, would we?

Old 07-03-2020, 01:33 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
I don't make decisions on the basis of political correctness. I am relying upon data and you don't like the data. I can leave it right there and I'm not troubled one bit that you disagree with me. If everyone agreed we certainly wouldn't be spending our time arguing in forums, would we?
Very true. I think we disagree on this one. As always, be safe.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Very true. I think we disagree on this one. As always, be safe.

You too

Old 07-03-2020, 02:10 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,187,705 times
Quote:
Plumpjack winery is only having private tastings by appointment only, any winery in California is free to do the same thing (dang just when you thought you'd come up with some kind of amazing scandal I hate it when that happens, don't you?) https://plumpjackwinery.com/content/...Doc_8.5x11.pdf

PS winery tasting rooms were closed in 19 counties, this particular Plumpjack winery is in Napa County which is not on the list.
Well thank God the governors winery is allowed to remain open. Funny how that works I’m sure lots of restaurants going under wish they were on that list. Very nice website they have stating it’s by appointment but not stating how many appointments they’re accommodating.
I never said it was a scandal I just think many people on here are total hypocrites

Old 07-03-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Well thank God the governors winery is allowed to remain open. Funny how that works I’m sure lots of restaurants going under wish they were on that list. Very nice website they have stating it’s by appointment but not stating how many appointments they’re accommodating.
I never said it was a scandal I just think many people on here are total hypocrites
Ok, let's try this again. ALL NAPA WINERIES ARE OPEN that County is not one of the 19 with a spike in new cases.

Old 07-03-2020, 02:45 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,706,235 times
Quote:
Ok, let's try this again. ALL NAPA WINERIES ARE OPEN that County is not one of the 19 with a spike in new cases.
This is such BS. You can't pretend that Napa wineries aren't attracting travelers from high-COVID areas and spreading the virus. I think Newsome has done a decent job of handling the virus. I think Cox would have basically buddied up to Trump and shrugged as we all got sick (and some died).

But don't kid yourself that he's not one of the elites, "managing" us stupid proles. If he had a shred of integrity, he would have kept the beaches open, closed his own winery to set a positive example, and told people to stay outdoors to help limit the spread. He would also fully cop to the fact that we are heading down the herd immunity path and we're not closing yoga studios or imposing Chinese-style lockdowns because it's too late to get ahead of this virus, and he knows Americans won't stand for the shutdowns that have been more successful in countries with stronger social fabric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California