Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 11:02 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
What I am tired of is your superior condescending basic answer you always repeat when your backed into a corner. Don’t worry your hero will come out on top while Rome burns ... he always does
oooh my I touched a nerve tsk tsk

Old 07-04-2020, 08:13 AM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maintain that you have to worry about only two types of transmission: inhaling respiratory droplets from an infected person in your immediate vicinity or — less common — touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth.

But other experts contend that the guidance ignores growing evidence that a third pathway also plays a significant role in contagion.

They say multiple studies demonstrate that particles known as aerosols — microscopic versions of standard respiratory droplets — can hang in the air for long periods and float dozens of feet, making poorly ventilated rooms, buses and other confined spaces dangerous, even when people stay six feet from one another.

“We are 100% sure about this,” said Lidia Morawska, a professor of atmospheric sciences and environmental engineering at Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia.

She makes the case in an open letter to the WHO accusing the United Nations agency of failing to issue appropriate warnings about the risk. A total of 239 researchers from 32 countries signed the letter, which is set to be published next week in a scientific journal.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...irborne-spread

Old 07-04-2020, 08:32 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maintain that you have to worry about only two types of transmission: inhaling respiratory droplets from an infected person in your immediate vicinity or — less common — touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth.

But other experts contend that the guidance ignores growing evidence that a third pathway also plays a significant role in contagion.

They say multiple studies demonstrate that particles known as aerosols — microscopic versions of standard respiratory droplets — can hang in the air for long periods and float dozens of feet, making poorly ventilated rooms, buses and other confined spaces dangerous, even when people stay six feet from one another.

“We are 100% sure about this,” said Lidia Morawska, a professor of atmospheric sciences and environmental engineering at Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia.

She makes the case in an open letter to the WHO accusing the United Nations agency of failing to issue appropriate warnings about the risk. A total of 239 researchers from 32 countries signed the letter, which is set to be published next week in a scientific journal.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...irborne-spread
I thought I’d post this as opposed to all your negativity. And the WHO? Really? LOL.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...om-coronavirus

102 year-old woman recovers from Corona.

“Despite her age and congestive heart failure, she got better after two weeks. She has been asymptomatic for six weeks, although she continues to test positive for the virus.

"Even when she was really sick the doctors said she was still kind of spry. She would joke around a little bit or smile when he would come in. And I thought yeah, that's my mother," Strouthides said.”

Old 07-04-2020, 09:12 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
102 year-old woman recovers from Corona.

“Despite her age and congestive heart failure, she got better after two weeks. She has been asymptomatic for six weeks, although she continues to test positive for the virus.

"Even when she was really sick the doctors said she was still kind of spry. She would joke around a little bit or smile when he would come in. And I thought yeah, that's my mother," Strouthides said.”
Isn't that something? Even having CHF and being 102 years old, she survived where someone half her age with minor health issues weren't so fortunate. Then I wonder, is it her positive attitude? Her diet; following a Mediterranean style of eating? Or simply the luck of the draw? Whatever the reason, it's clear this wasn't her time to leave. It's a great story, Mike.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Isn't that something? Even having CHF and being 102 years old, she survived where someone half her age with minor health issues weren't so fortunate. Then I wonder, is it her positive attitude? Her diet; following a Mediterranean style of eating? Or simply the luck of the draw? Whatever the reason, it's clear this wasn't her time to leave. It's a great story, Mike.
It is a great story. I thought I’d post something positive for a change.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:25 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Quote:
It is a great story. I thought I’d post something positive for a change.
Glad you did. I bet there are a lot more stories like that out there but we rarely hear about them because negativity fuels our culture now. Still, I'm thrilled for that family. I'd love to meet that woman. She's the age my mother would be today, if she were still alive. "Old people" are my favorite group. I love to listen to the stories they tell about their life, growing up. Today's youth want to cast them away but they are a wealth of information and guidance in how to survive tough times.

Old 07-04-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I thought I’d post this as opposed to all your negativity.
Sorry, Mike. I realize that you don't like hearing about how this virus has affected people.

Quote:
And the WHO? Really? LOL.
It doesn't sound as if you read the article. The studies were contesting the WHO's conclusions.

Last edited by CA4Now; 07-04-2020 at 11:32 AM..

Old 07-04-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Sorry, Mike. I realize that you don't like hearing about how this virus has affected people.

It doesn't sound as if you read the article. The studies were contesting the WHO's conclusions.
I know you like posting the most negative things you can find with your hit and run posts. You post about long term lung problems the virus causes with no context. I asked before if there were studies about the percentage of people that were affected like that and the age breakdown but you didn’t respond.

I’m sure it will be upsetting to you when this is over and you can’t spread fear, doom and gloom. But I’m sure some other natural disaster will come along to satisfy your craving to instill a sense of dread in people. I’m not buying what you’re selling.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I know you like posting the most negative things you can find with your hit and run posts. You post about long term lung problems the virus causes with no context. I asked before if there were studies about the percentage of people that were affected like that and the age breakdown but you didn’t respond.
Please point out that post. I don't recall knowing anything about long term lung problems, and I always try to post the link to the article to show its source.

Quote:
I’m sure it will be upsetting to you when this is over and you can’t spread fear, doom and gloom. But I’m sure some other natural disaster will come along to satisfy your craving to instill a sense of dread in people. I’m not buying what you’re selling.
Why would anyone be upset when this is over? What a harsh, derogatory and unfounded accusation.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:04 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
People don't talk, chant and yell at protests???
All these cause and effect claims are dubious enough as is. It only becomes worse when inconsistent reasoning --like outdoor protests differ from sunbathing at the beach-- is thrown into the mix. How anyone isn't seeing this discrepancy in the logic is baffling to me.
Some protests are rather quiet throughout. Some are loud at times. People probably talk less face to face at them than do they at most other gatherings. I'd feel much safer from the virus at a protest than I would at an outdoor party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California