Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-07-2020, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Ca expat loving Idaho
5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Reputation: 8139

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Where do you get the information about whether confirmed cases are symptomatic or not?
It said on the news that 35% of cases are asymptomatic so the positive numbers must be a lot higher then what’s reported. I’m for wearing masks and washing hands but I’m not for closing bars and beaches and not letting people sing in churches to halt the spread. That ruins people’s lives economically. As Trump says the cure shouldn’t be worse then the virus

 
Old 07-07-2020, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Reputation: 34059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
6448 known positive symptomatic cases in Ca today and I’m the ignorant one that thinks this virus can be controlled.....
You might want to double check that, there have been 6448 deaths maybe you saw that and mistakenly thought it was symptomatic cases? There is no break down anywhere that I can find of symptomatic vs asymptomatic cases but if you have a source for that, please share it:

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID.../ncov2019.aspx
 
Old 07-07-2020, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Ca expat loving Idaho
5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Reputation: 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You might want to double check that, there have been 6448 deaths maybe you saw that and mistakenly thought it was symptomatic cases? There is no break down anywhere that I can find of symptomatic vs asymptomatic cases but if you have a source for that, please share it:

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID.../ncov2019.aspx
Your correct there’s 6090 cases today
 
Old 07-07-2020, 08:01 PM
 
Location: So Ca
26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Reputation: 24795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
It said on the news that 35% of cases are asymptomatic so the positive numbers must be a lot higher then what’s reported.
I don't understand what you're saying here or how that would contribute to what you previously said about herd immunity.

Asymptomatic infections may account for as much as 45 percent of all COVID-19 cases.
 
Old 07-07-2020, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Ca expat loving Idaho
5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Reputation: 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I don't understand what you're saying here or how that would contribute to what you previously said about herd immunity.

Asymptomatic infections may account for as much as 45 percent of all COVID-19 cases.
45 is even worse. There’s no way to get a accurate count of how many people have or have had Covid. Nothings working to stop it so we are in herd Immunity. Burning it out that way is the only cure until a vaccine comes.

Last edited by Finper; 07-07-2020 at 09:09 PM..
 
Old 07-07-2020, 08:18 PM
 
Location: So Ca
26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Reputation: 24795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
45 is even worse. There’s no way to get a accurate count of how many people have or have had Covid. Nothings working To stop it so we are in herd Immunity. Burning it out that way is the only cure until a vaccine comes.
For one thing, it isn't even yet clear if infection with the COVID-19 virus makes a person immune to future infection...
 
Old 07-07-2020, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Reputation: 34059
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
For one thing, it isn't even yet clear if infection with the COVID-19 virus makes a person immune to future infection...
Good point.

Quote:
A new study from China showed that antibodies faded quickly in both asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-19 patients during convalescence, raising questions about whether the illness leads to any lasting immunity to the virus afterward.

The study, which focused on 37 asymptomatic and 37 symptomatic patients, showed that more than 90% of both groups showed steep declines in levels of SARS-COV-2–specific immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies within 2 to 3 months after onset of infection, according to a report published yesterday in Nature Medicine. Further, 40% of the asymptomatic group tested negative for IgG antibodies 8 weeks after they were released from isolation. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...s-fade-quickly
 
Old 07-07-2020, 08:58 PM
 
2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Reputation: 2057
Since the subject of immunity has come up again here........some of you may find this article worth reading


https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/opini...age/index.html
 
Old 07-07-2020, 09:16 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles and Rancho Palos Verdes
13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
Reputation: 14049
It seems like we'e never going to get out from under this. I'm so sick of it. The virus would have died out by now if only people followed the CDC guidelines. And who knows how many more deaths due to the virus directly are to come, as well as suicides due to continued social isolation, no new job prospects, etc.

I saw some goofus jogging on my sidewalk without a mask an hour ago just as I was about to take trash out to the curb, and I wanted to charge him and do not-so-nice things to him. Like Joe Pesci in Casino or something. "Look who's crying like a little girl now!" Hehe. Bastards.
 
Old 07-07-2020, 09:27 PM
 
6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Reputation: 8441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
It seems like we'e never going to get out from under this. I'm so sick of it. The virus would have died out by now if only people followed the CDC guidelines. And who knows how many more deaths due to the virus directly are to come, as well as suicides due to continued social isolation, no new job prospects, etc.

I saw some goofus jogging on my sidewalk without a mask an hour ago just as I was about to take trash out to the curb, and I wanted to charge him and do not-so-nice things to him. Like Joe Pesci in Casino or something. "Look who's crying like a little girl now!" Hehe. Bastards.
And again, even the CDC doesn’t say you need to wear a mask while exercising. If fact, it sounds like he was doing the right thing.

“People who are engaged in high intensity activities, like running, may not be able to wear a cloth face covering if it causes difficulty breathing. If unable to wear a cloth face covering, consider conducting the activity in a location with greater ventilation and air exchange (for instance, outdoors versus indoors) and where it is possible to maintain physical distance from others.“

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top