Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 10:14 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Hope it was worth it to all the 'muh freedom' people, on both sides of the aisle.
No kidding ... I did experience some schadenfreude yesterday at Walmart. The security guard would stand in front of the 'freedom loving' plandemic maskless idiots spouting off their litany of excuses. He just stood in front of them and said nothing, when they finally figured out they weren't getting in they'd tuck their tail between their legs and shuffle off to their car completely humiliated. I should have videoed it, I might go back today and do so if he's working again

Old 07-11-2020, 10:23 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No kidding ... I did experience some schadenfreude yesterday at Walmart. The security guard would stand in front of the 'freedom loving' plandemic maskless idiots spouting off their litany of excuses. He just stood in front of them and said nothing, when they finally figured out they weren't getting in they'd tuck their tail between their legs and shuffle off to their car completely humiliated. I should have videoed it, I might go back today and do so if he's working again
I would have put on my mask and gotten past him and took it off. Is he going to run after me all over the store?

Old 07-11-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
I know it's not shelved so you don't need to tell me. I'm responding to the contention that "{d}uring a declared emergency ADA and EEOC aren't enforced" which I already knew was untrue. I was instructed to "look it up" also. Yeah, sorry. Totally wrong. And as I pointed out in that link, ADA accommodations are being weighed for school staff who need it if the district reopens campuses.
There are changes to ADA if there is a direct threat to public health, they first instituted those after 911 and modified them several times since.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...e-masks-retail

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...r-the-ada.html

Old 07-11-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I would have put on my mask and gotten past him and took it off. Is he going to run after me all over the store?
No, someone in the store would have told you to put the mask on or leave. In several counties in California businesses face a $10,000 fine for violating state or local covid guidance, that would include allowing people to enter without a face covering. But you really should consider putting your big boy pants on and just wear a mask.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:49 AM

130,319 posts, read 12,105,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, someone in the store would have told you to put the mask on or leave. In several counties in California businesses face a $10,000 fine for violating state or local covid guidance, that would include allowing people to enter without a face covering. But you really should consider putting your big boy pants on and just wear a mask.
I think those that refuse masks, should all go to a Covid party
See the thread on the guy who died after going to one.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The plan isn't to send kids back to a pre-March version of schools. You'd lose that bet too.
If you read a little deeper, the plan here is to offer a choice for one thing. Nobody has to send their kids back to school if they don't want to, nor does staff have to return. As I posted on the mask thread, the district and union are negotiating a plan which includes ADA accommodation (something you claim is shelved at the moment) for educators/staff who want to return to campus but are higher risk category people. They're also partnering with a epidemiology experts from UCSD to provide guidance on the safety protocols they're planning.
I'll post this again. You should read it. Here's part of the initial guidelines:[/list]Not sure where you're getting your information. Nowhere is anyone talking about putting together a class of 30 kids in a non-airconditioned environment with no social distancing.
At least in this district classes have between 25 and 35 students, they are mostly small classrooms built 50-60 years ago. If you were to practice social distancing you would probably need 4 times as many classrooms and unless teachers can clone themselves the district would need to hire thousands of additional teachers. It isn't going to happen, at least not here, the district serves 49,943 students in 77 public schools. Many of the schools are not air conditioned and some have permanently sealed windows because of fear of a shooter coming in through a window.

I would love it if this district could figure out a way to have on site classes, but the most I can see them doing is having kids meet on campus for a few hours once or twice a week. The distance learning that they instituted in April was just horrible, it was a mishmash of apps each requiring different logins and having several different methods of submitting the work. I am sure that some of the ELL kids (and there are a ton of them here from 40+ different countries here) didn't have parents who knew English well enough to navigate that mess, and more than a few don't have access to broadband. School is supposed to start here on August 13 and the idiot administrators keep having meetings and taking polls and haven't started to implement anything.

And to make it worse, we have a bunch of DeVos supported idiots who call themselves "the return to school coalition" who are protesting and lobbying to open the schools with no modifications, of course most of them call this a "plandemic" and somehow think the whole thing is a Democratic plot to keep Trump from getting re-elected.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:12 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Teachers don't want to do it
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/polit...rus/index.html
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/teac...215709113.html

Old 07-11-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Who can blame them? I sure wouldn't do it. Look at these stats from Texas childcare centers:

Quote:
At least 1,335 people have tested positive from child care facilities in Texas, the state's Department of Health and Human Services reported Monday, citing figures from Friday.

Of those infected, 894 were staff members and 441 were children. The cases came from 883 child care facilities that are open in the state, DHHS said. The new cases mark a significant increase from June 15, when there were 210 reported cases from 177 facilities -- including 141 staff members and 69 children.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/healt...ies/index.html

Old 07-11-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I think those that refuse masks, should all go to a Covid party
See the thread on the guy who died after going to one.
I agree!

Old 07-11-2020, 07:14 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Wear your mask. Not wearing a mask is sick sick sick sick sick sick sick!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California