Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-12-2020, 07:20 AM
 
Location: So Ca
26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Reputation: 24795

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
The COVID-19 deaths have hit a new low nationally, numbers not seen since the beginning of the plandemic in March.
Unfortunately, not the case.

A long-expected upturn in U.S. COVID-19 deaths has begun, driven by fatalities in the South and West.

The number of COVID-19 deaths per day had been falling for months and remained down even as such states as Florida and Texas saw explosions in cases and hospitalizations — and as reported daily U.S. infections broke records several times in recent days.

Scientists warned it wouldn’t last. A COVID-19 death, when it occurs, typically comes several weeks after a person is first infected with the coronavirus. Experts predicted that states that saw increases in cases and hospitalizations would, at some point, see deaths rise, too. Now that’s happening.

“It’s consistently picking up. And it’s picking up at the time you’d expect it to,” said William Hanage, an epidemiologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

According to an Associated Press analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University, the seven-day rolling average for daily reported deaths in the U.S. has increased from 578 two weeks ago to 664 on July 10...


https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...-for-the-worse

 
Old 07-12-2020, 08:31 AM
 
2,209 posts, read 1,785,247 times
Reputation: 2649
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Unfortunately, not the case.

A long-expected upturn in U.S. COVID-19 deaths has begun, driven by fatalities in the South and West.

The number of COVID-19 deaths per day had been falling for months and remained down even as such states as Florida and Texas saw explosions in cases and hospitalizations — and as reported daily U.S. infections broke records several times in recent days.

Scientists warned it wouldn’t last. A COVID-19 death, when it occurs, typically comes several weeks after a person is first infected with the coronavirus. Experts predicted that states that saw increases in cases and hospitalizations would, at some point, see deaths rise, too. Now that’s happening.

“It’s consistently picking up. And it’s picking up at the time you’d expect it to,” said William Hanage, an epidemiologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

According to an Associated Press analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University, the seven-day rolling average for daily reported deaths in the U.S. has increased from 578 two weeks ago to 664 on July 10...


https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...-for-the-worse
The death rate is still down in FL, don't know about TX


https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...8ddedb9b25e429


CA is #2 in the US for cases followed by TX and FL
Deaths per million are above CA in FL but below CA in TX


CA, FL and TX are way down on the chart when looking at cases per million.


I have family in Idaho and another family moving there and it is near the bottom in cases per million.


NJ and NY are the top two.


https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
 
Old 07-12-2020, 11:10 AM
 
Location: all over the place (figuratively)
6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
The death rate is still down in FL, don't know about TX


https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...8ddedb9b25e429


CA is #2 in the US for cases followed by TX and FL
Deaths per million are above CA in FL but below CA in TX


CA, FL and TX are way down on the chart when looking at cases per million.


I have family in Idaho and another family moving there and it is near the bottom in cases per million.


NJ and NY are the top two.


https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Recent trends are what matter. New York has gotten things mostly under control. CA, FL, TX, and AZ are doing poorly enough to be headed toward lockdown in some parts of the states. It's time for people to police themselves and each other, to prevent that.
 
Old 07-12-2020, 11:15 AM
 
Location: SoCal
4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Reputation: 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Recent trends are what matter. New York has gotten things mostly under control. CA, FL, TX, and AZ are doing poorly enough to be headed toward lockdown in some parts of the states. It's time for people to police themselves and each other, to prevent that.
We were never under full lockdown and we will never be. I was always free to move around the state, go to my friend/family etc.
 
Old 07-12-2020, 11:40 AM
 
Location: all over the place (figuratively)
6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Reputation: 3601
Aren't you tired of 1) being pedantic (we know movement wasn't particularly limited) 2) bragging about violating rules?
 
Old 07-12-2020, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Northern California
130,418 posts, read 12,118,417 times
Reputation: 39048
If a person doesn't want to wear a mask, then stay home & get your stuff delivered. To do otherwise is extremely selfish.

Just because you hate Newsom, doesn't mean you get to be a scofflaw in public about masks. Be a good citizen & protect yourself & others.
 
Old 07-12-2020, 11:51 AM
 
Location: SoCal
4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Reputation: 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Aren't you tired of 1) being pedantic (we know movement wasn't particularly limited) 2) bragging about violating rules?
I am not bragging, i am just stating facts.
 
Old 07-13-2020, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Reputation: 34059
Well thanks to all the plandemicer's the paranoid who think that wearing a mask is tyranny and the idiots who can't quit partying, you really did it, I hope you're proud

Gov. Newsom gives update on COVID-19 in California

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered several sectors to once again shut down Monday amid an increasingly concerning coronavirus surge.

Bars, both indoor and outdoor, will be forced to close down statewide. Restaurants are being told to cease indoor operations. Outdoor dining and takeout are still allowed.

All counties also have to close all indoor operations at wineries, tasting rooms, movie theaters, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums and cardrooms.

In counties on the state's watch list, even more businesses are being required to close their doors. That includes gyms, hair salons, barbershops, other personal care services, indoor malls, offices in non-critical sectors, and places of worship. https://abc7news.com/governor-newsom...virus/6315092/
 
Old 07-13-2020, 01:31 PM
 
Location: all over the place (figuratively)
6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Reputation: 3601
And no on-site public school in Los Angeles this fall.

I want a local crackdown on parties now! I want my county off the watch list ASAP. As far as I can tell, it's that and churches and not other "businesses" just shut down that are spreading the virus, though many of those places do have potential to do it exponentially.
 
Old 07-13-2020, 01:46 PM
 
Location: SoCal
4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Reputation: 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
And no on-site public school in Los Angeles this fall.

I want a local crackdown on parties now! I want my county off the watch list ASAP. As far as I can tell, it's that and churches and not other "businesses" just shut down that are spreading the virus, though many of those places do have potential to do it exponentially.

No government officials going to tell me with whom i can get together in my own house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top