Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2020, 03:33 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,673,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What is the point of arguing this? I don't have the energy to spend two or three hours of back and forth talking about Gavin Newsom only to end it with each of still having the same opinion we started this with.
Doesn't seem to bother you for all the other threads you argue on. I was genuinely curious what you thought he was doing well based on all the data I've seen. I'm guessing it's just more blind support than anything else.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:43 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Or maybe it's partly Newsom's fault too for granting all those variances allowing counties to reopen too soon that never really had the virus under control, especially in Southern CA. The infection rate in SoCal is something like triple or more than the Bay Area.

And San Mateo County with the 2nd highest case rate and high death rate in the Bay Area gets to stay open? Crap makes no sense.

Newsom has done a terrible job, almost as bad as Trump.
I agree it’s Newsom’s fault, maybe he should arrest the protestors and looters, look at what they causing other people. Like I said the Dems like to criticize Trump, but in reality, it’s hard to control this virus. Biden would be worse.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:56 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem to bother you for all the other threads you argue on. I was genuinely curious what you thought he was doing well based on all the data I've seen. I'm guessing it's just more blind support than anything else.
Guess all you want, I don't care. I argue particular issues, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try defend everything Newsom has ever said or done which seems to be where you want to go with this. It makes absolutely no sense and I don't care what you think about him and I can't see how that discussion would be of any interest to anyone. If you are sincerely interested about what I think of Newsom read my previous posts, And you can try to goad me all you want but I won't bite. I don't get baited into ridiculous discussions, not now not ever

Old 07-13-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I agree it’s Newsom’s fault, maybe he should arrest the protestors and looters, look at what they causing other people. Like I said the Dems like to criticize Trump, but in reality, it’s hard to control this virus. Biden would be worse.
I don't get how those massive protests are ok but going to the beach isn't. It's insanity how much of this crap makes no sense and how many people don't question it.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Guess all you want, I don't care. I argue particular issues, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try defend everything Newsom has ever said or done which seems to be where you want to go with this. It makes absolutely no sense and I don't care what you think about him and I can't see how that discussion would be of any interest to anyone. If you are sincerely interested about what I think of Newsom read my previous posts, And you can try to goad me all you want but I won't bite.
So coronavirus response isn't a "particular issue"? That's the only issue I was asking about. Not sure why you thought I was asking about Newsom in general and everything "he has ever said or done" since this thread and my post is just about the coronavirus and the response.

Quote:
I don't get baited into ridiculous discussions, not now not ever
Lol, keep telling yourself that.

I was curious on what metrics you actually thought CA, and thus Newsom, were doing well on in comparison to the rest of the country. But since we aren't doing well kind of hard to defend him at this point, at least with data.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:23 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
I don't get how those massive protests are ok but going to the beach isn't. It's insanity how much of this crap makes no sense and how many people don't question it.
I agree nothing makes sense there. The EDD has totally broken down and nobody there will fix it you can’t even talk to anyone on the phone. They are releasing 8000 criminals from prisons upon society to save them from Covid when everyone says wear a mask and your safe inside. Which is it?? Today’s close down is the final nail in the coffin for many businesses there and. Ca is over 50 billion in debt. The homeless population is about to sky rocket there. I’ve heard that Newsom wants the trillion that Trump won’t give him so now is bringing Ca to brink of collapse to get it. I hope not but that might be the only thing that makes sense.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:56 PM

77 posts, read 82,136 times
Thanks looker009 - it is your fault, along with all your non-wearing mask friends that California is shutting down again. We will be in lockdown forever because of people like you. I hope it is worth it.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:00 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenext88 View Post
Thanks looker009 - it is your fault, along with all your non-wearing mask friends that California is shutting down again. We will be in lockdown forever because of people like you. I hope it is worth it.
We were never in lockdown and never will be. We are free to move around, go to family and friends house and have a good time.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:09 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
I was curious on what metrics you actually thought CA, and thus Newsom, were doing well on in comparison to the rest of the country. But since we aren't doing well kind of hard to defend him at this point, at least with data.
Here ya go: https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...igh-marks.html

Old 07-13-2020, 05:11 PM

77 posts, read 82,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
We were never in lockdown and never will be. We are free to move around, go to family and friends house and have a good time.
I mean sure, but you're wasting a lot of money living in California and especially LA if that's all you're really doing. Everything that has made LA worth living in (minus the good weather) has been gone for the past few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California