Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 09:54 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
How were those numbers calculated?

I've never tried to misrepresent data (unlike others here). My source is the CDC (which IMO is inflated).

It's not political. This is your problem. It's about results. New York has completely mishandled the plandemic. The only "good" that comes from it is that everyone knows NOT to do what Cuomo and other governors like him did.
What is your definition is strict lockdown?

Old 07-21-2020, 11:19 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,814,222 times
Opinion article, that some of you might find worthwhile reading.

Here is one quote from the article:

"We are faced with too many choices — not just what to do, but how to do it and when and where. The stakes are high, 140,000 people are dead in the U.S. and death rates are starting to climb again. And because of those stakes, we’ve assigned a morality to all these choices — something that psychology researchers have shown leads us to frame things as “all good” or “all bad” and lose sight of the gray areas all around us. We’re all bogged down and floundering, questioning our own goodness while we arch our eyebrows at our friends and argue"

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...is-a-decision/

Old 07-21-2020, 02:02 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Worth watching if anyone hasn't ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-XVqbEe3ns

Old 07-21-2020, 02:16 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Newsom is allowing schools to seek waivers and conduct in school instruction for elementary schools

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...CC-071720.html

Old 07-21-2020, 03:48 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Worth watching if anyone hasn't ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-XVqbEe3ns
Excellent video Mars.....SCARY. That nurse is a true hero. The comments from other doctors and nurses who confirmed her story are even more scary. Couldn''t rep you again, but big thanks for sharing it.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:51 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Excellent video Mars.....SCARY. That nurse is a true hero. The comments from other doctors and nurses who confirmed her story are even more scary. Couldn''t rep you again, but big thanks for sharing it.
Thanks for watching it, janellen. I know it's quite long but really informative. And scary to think these medical personnel were putting non-covid cases with covid patients. I swear, I hate hospitals.

This lady that made the video has several on YT. She's very brave.

My friend sent me the one I posted. I don't think I would have seen it otherwise. I want to watch all of them. I want to see just how sneaky all this has been. I don't doubt we're in serious trouble with this virus but I still feel there's been a lot of lying. Like with Dr. Fauci said we didn't need masks but he did that so there would be enough for all the medical personnel and first responders. I can't really fault him for that, though. I want them safe too since they're the ones on the front line, dealing with all the patients.

If anything should be learned from this it's that WE should be making our own PPE. Here. In the U.S. Not waiting for a ship to arrive from someplace else.

I fear this virus will be here for a very long time and that, eventually, we'll all contract it. Some of us won't make it. I think I'm at the point where I'd rather catch it and see if I survive or not. The thought of wearing a mask in public for the rest of my life isn't a pleasant thought. Neither is having to distance myself from friends. It's been five months of this and it's messing with my psyche. As much as people like to think they don't want to be around people, they really do. Just my two cents. Hope you are doing okay and will continue to do so.

Last edited by JGC97; 07-21-2020 at 07:59 PM..

Old 07-21-2020, 09:04 PM

295 posts, read 355,535 times
This virus is absolutely a nightmare. We would be better off facing dinosaurs at this point in time. We must do a permanent lockdown for 5 months to permanently get rid of this virus. By lockdown, everything should be closed except for hospitals and grocery stores.

Again, we must LOCKDOWN for 4-5 months to get rid of the virus permanently.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:46 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
This virus is absolutely a nightmare. We would be better off facing dinosaurs at this point in time. We must do a permanent lockdown for 5 months to permanently get rid of this virus. By lockdown, everything should be closed except for hospitals and grocery stores.

We aren't an island like Taiwan or Iceland. We really only have 2 choices:

1. Let er rip.
2. Do a reasonable restriction on daily life until the vaccine.

It is very likely that at least one of the 3 vaccine's currently going into phase 3 trials will work well enough to get us to herd immunity. We will know for sure in about 3-4 months if you can wait that long...I can.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:05 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post

Try doing 1 week of real lockdown and BLM riots will seem like walk in the park

Old 07-22-2020, 07:06 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I want to see just how sneaky all this has been. I don't doubt we're in serious trouble with this virus but I still feel there's been a lot of lying. Like with Dr. Fauci said we didn't need masks but he did that so there would be enough for all the medical personnel and first responders. I can't really fault him for that, though.
I don't think that anyone was intentionally lying. Not enough about masks was known when this virus first hit, and we were given advice based on the flu. This poster, below, sums up some of the reasons that the mask order was confusing initially. (Click the arrow next to the poster's name to be directed to the original post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
The initial concern with wearing surgical masks is that we thought this disease was much more rapidly transmitted by contact, so the thought was that if people were wearing masks, there would be cross contamination issues if people reused the masks. Additionally the virus is much smaller than the pours in the non n95 masks, so they weren't thought to be effective, so the initial guidance was to not wear masks. Subsequent research found that risk of infection is dependent on viral load. While there might be some covid on surfaces so its still worth washing your hands, the viral concentration isn't that high so the risk contact transmission of wearing masks isn't that high. so that became less of a concern. Additionally reasearch from asia where people were wearing masks, showed much less transmission in those countries which again helped to change the guidance here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California