Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2020, 06:14 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times

Advertisements

Is the Daily Beast a credible source? I guess anyone looking to destroy will look for any place to get the job done.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:21 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
The protocol for determining story credibility is to identify and follow sourcing. Classic journalism ethics demands triple verification, at minimum. If you read / watch a story and they don’t provide sourcing you can still look for validation yourself elsewhere until you find multiple credible bases. If you can’t find multiple verification from reasonably neutral sources, don’t eat that pie.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
This is going around the internet right now, but youtube, facebook, and instagram keep deleting it. So watch it while you can and let us know what you think. It's only 5min long.
Turns out Google is the one taking this down on YT. FB, who owns Instagram is doing the same. Kind of telling isn't it? Still don't think the media is censoring information that goes against their agenda?

Old 07-28-2020, 06:47 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Is the Daily Beast a credible source? I guess anyone looking to destroy will look for any place to get the job done.
Did you bother to even look where they sourced their information? Such as her own site and videos. She’s a nut.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:59 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
As I have pointed out many times, “The Media” falls into just a few categories:

1. Mainstream popular media is private / corporate, for-profit, entertainment business, under no mandate or obligation to serve the public any particular information stream. They produce what they do to earn money. They choose various identities where they like the opportunity the niche provides. They don’t owe nobody nothing. They sell news their niche / demographic will buy. They mostly follow traditional journalism ethics because that’s how they create loyal consumers’ belief in the worth of returning to their product. The reporters and journalists they hire are mostly quite sincere ... but the management is business for profit.

2. Public media such as, in America, PBS and NPR. These folks DO operate as non-profit information sources with best intent to serve. While they are rated quite close to neutral, they tend to lean just a bit left because that’s the more common philosophy among the kinds of people who believe in careers of community service more than seeking personal profit.

3. Special interest media - which are mercenaries posing as righteous crusaders for whatever causes right, left, upside down ... out to feed anyone they can convert to True Believers (otherwise known as ‘Suckers’).

Caveat emptor.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Did you bother to even look where they sourced their information? Such as her own site and videos. She’s a nut.
I checked deeper and she does appear to have some unusual beliefs and opinions. She might be a crackpot after all. I guess what I don't understand is why is the drug such a hot button issue? It's a drug that was used during the SARS epidemic and seemed to work well on patients. Is it only because this virus is different or is it because Trump gave it his blessing?

I'm more interested in finding something that will help others recover from the virus. I don't give two hoots whether the president likes it or not. His opinion doesn't matter to me. It never has. Wouldn't it be sad if this drug really did help others and doctors didn't use it because it was poo pooed for political reasons? Now, THAT would be sad.

Old 07-28-2020, 08:10 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Modoc Co now has 2 cases. Up till now, it had been covid free with zero cases.

Old 07-28-2020, 08:38 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Default Nearly 80% of Recovered COVID-19 Patients Show Signs of Heart Damage

Were the parties and visits to beach cities worth it? Hope so...if only you'd done what you were asked to do, you perhaps would not have long term organ damage -- good luck with that...

Quote:
A new study in The Journal of the American Medical Association paints a disturbing picture of the long-term effects COVID-19 has on the heart, even after a patient has recovered.

According to the study published on Monday, researchers found that 78 percent of patients had some type of long-term structural changes or damage, even for those people who reported mild coronavirus cases that did not require hospitalization. Infected patients were likely to have evidence of a biomarker usually found after a heart attack even two months after they'd recovered. At least 60 patients had signs of inflammation.
https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/...qqazMtS4b9qTEI

Old 07-28-2020, 10:08 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I checked deeper and she does appear to have some unusual beliefs and opinions. She might be a crackpot after all. I guess what I don't understand is why is the drug such a hot button issue? It's a drug that was used during the SARS epidemic and seemed to work well on patients. Is it only because this virus is different or is it because Trump gave it his blessing?

I'm more interested in finding something that will help others recover from the virus. I don't give two hoots whether the president likes it or not. His opinion doesn't matter to me. It never has. Wouldn't it be sad if this drug really did help others and doctors didn't use it because it was poo pooed for political reasons? Now, THAT would be sad.
Lots of different sources on Stella Immanuel on the net. Yeah, she's weird. I do wish they had posted videos of the other doctors who were at that conference and who had turns at the podium also. She was not the only speaker there, but they deleted all of it. I know my primary care dr and his nurses take hydrochloroquin and our local hospital has a large stash of it, remdesivir also.
PS: Mars, I do remember the Unknown Comic and his brown bag mask. I might wear one to the grocery store next time I go, just for kicks.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Lots of different sources on Stella Immanuel on the net. Yeah, she's weird. I do wish they had posted videos of the other doctors who were at that conference and who had turns at the podium also. She was not the only speaker there, but they deleted all of it. I know my primary care dr and his nurses take hydrochloroquin and our local hospital has a large stash of it, remdesivir also.
PS: Mars, I do remember the Unknown Comic and his brown bag mask. I might wear one to the grocery store next time I go, just for kicks.
LOL @ the unknown comic comment. I knew you'd probably remember him. Do it. Wear a bag and see what reactions you get. I see a lot of women now with color coordinated masks to match their street clothes. It's becoming a fashion statement.

I've heard good stories about Remdesivir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California