Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2020, 12:29 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times

Advertisements

I am not advocating an end to private buses, not even tour buses, although they aren't a good idea. I am calling for more monitoring of how they are used and punishment of careless operators. There is no right to travel in motorized transportation, not in the United States or perhaps anywhere in the world.

Old 08-02-2020, 12:34 PM

83 posts, read 32,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I am not advocating an end to private buses, not even tour buses, although they aren't a good idea. I am calling for more monitoring of how they are used and punishment of careless operators. There is no right to travel in motorized transportation, not in the United States or perhaps anywhere in the world.
What your source for this wild claim? Who says there’s no right to travel?

Old 08-02-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggers View Post
You’re one to talk. All you do it talk about everything short of public executions for people you perceive are non compliant with mandates.

Until you have some authority here, you have no business dictating anything to anyone. If you don’t like my posts, leave.

And as long as protests are going on, the virus will continue to spread. So you’re wrong on a number of points.
Only frequent, big protests are a real risk. That's over. Making the same mostly irrelevant point on a thread over and over in any forum with oversight will get you in trouble, because it sidetracks discussion. A variety of relevant, unpopular points, mine maybe, usually pass master.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Only frequent, big protests are a real risk. That's over. Making the same mostly irrelevant point on a thread over and over in any forum with oversight will get you in trouble, because it sidetracks discussion. A variety of relevant, unpopular points, mine maybe, usually pass master.
The protests are still going on. The link I provided is from a protest with hundreds of people last weekend in LA. That has everything to do with the virus in California.

Your posts are ridiculous with no facts to back them up. 90% of what you post is nonsense and wrong. And again, if you don’t like it, leave. I’m on topic.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
The protests are still going on. The link I provided is from a protest with hundreds of people last weekend in LA. That has everything to do with the virus in California.

Your posts are ridiculous with no facts to back them up. 90% of what you post is nonsense and wrong. And again, if you don’t like it, leave. I’m on topic.
There probably are a few hundred house parties with 50+ guests every weekend in California (and a bunch more big gatherings indoors and outdoors that the government likely considers unlawful). A few hundred protestors outdoors a few times a month (which probably cannot be banned completely per the constitution) is nothing compared to that. You're the one who is wrong and your agenda is obvious.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
What your source for this wild claim? Who says there’s no right to travel?
I didn't start the back and forth about the right to travel nor suggest banning any particular kind (which I don't believe anyone wants to happen to any popular kind). Consult Google for legalities and talk about it where it's relevant (not here), but don't expect to win an argument that the government can't lawfully significantly restrict any motorized form (except where different levels of government disagree and probably have their own properties).

Old 08-02-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
There probably are a few hundred house parties with 50+ guests every weekend in California (and a bunch more big gatherings indoors and outdoors that the government likely considers unlawful). A few hundred protestors outdoors a few times a month (which probably cannot be banned completely per the constitution) is nothing compared to that. You're the one who is wrong and your agenda is obvious.
I really don’t care what you think. Your obsession with house parties is obvious. I’ll post as I like, when I like, as often as I like. As long as it’s on topic, there’s nothing you can do about it.

Several hundred people protesting is a real issue in spreading the virus. People need to admit that and put a stop to them. Until then, this is going to keep spreading.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I really don’t care what you think. Your obsession with house parties is obvious. I’ll post as I like, when I like, as often as I like. As long as it’s on topic, there’s nothing you can do about it.

Several hundred people protesting is a real issue in spreading the virus. People need to admit that and put a stop to them. Until then, this is going to keep spreading.
I talk about more than just house parties.

I told you that protests in general can't legally be stopped (from forming, that is). Unlike my proposals that people wish weren't legally doable, anti-protest laws violate fundamental laws of the land. If you truly want less spread of coronavirus, target stoppable actions.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I talk about more than just house parties.

I told you that protests in general can't legally be stopped (from forming, that is). Unlike my proposals that people wish weren't legally doable, anti-protest laws violate fundamental laws of the land. If you truly want less spread of coronavirus, target stoppable actions.
You’re wrong on all counts, in every part of your post. Your proposals are wrong and unenforceable. Since the protests are fine, house parties must be too.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:46 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Kaiju match: Rodan vs Gamera
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California