Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 12:43 PM

19,218 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

I don't know but it looks like things are getting back to normal ... whatever the bleep that is anymore .... because I had to pop into Walmart this morning and they didn't have any sanitary wipes at the front door. Said they were all out. They've had those thing available since March and now nada. Yup. Everything's getting back to normal.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:02 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Barber shops are allowed to reopen indoors except in Los Angeles. I think many California residents who've heard that would be surprised it's not the same for salons.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:11 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well if Pelosi's Deputy Chief of Staff said so then it must be true, it's not like they would say what they need to cover for her or anything LOL. And of course heaven forbid she'd be aware of public health regulations that everyone else has to be that are well publicized and all over the place. Indoor salons have only been closed for what, over a month? Yeah how could she possibly know that by now?

Most are aware of the "whole story", it just sounds like complete BS to any reasonable non-partisan observer.
No. Almost no one in this country is aware of “the whole story” anymore since Steve Bannon, Trump and company launched their “flood the zone with sh*t” campaign ... which all for-profit media is delighted to cover 24/7.

CYA damage control? Sure. Commonplace. And yet, like her or not, Pelosi is anything but stupid. She may be the least likely person in contemporary politics to make a sneaky rookie gambling error.

The point really is: though invited to be “the sole inside customer” of a salon, and in spite of rules changing constantly which could confuse or fool anybody, she was advised to wear a mask anyway - which she in fact did - except for the rule-allowed wash minutes.

This is stupid finger-wagging.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:19 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Barber shops are allowed to reopen indoors except in Los Angeles. I think many California residents who've heard that would be surprised it's not the same for salons.
Currently salons/barbershops are only allowed to start providing haircuts outside in San Francisco, as of this past Tuesday. Last I heard, on the news last night, indoor may be allowed by end of this month.........

Old 09-02-2020, 01:39 PM

864 posts, read 1,721,092 times
When does the BS mask policy end? Why aren't kids in schools? Why aren't all business allowed to open at 100% capacity without restriction? We've had 13,149 deaths to date in California out of an estimated population size of 41,000,000 -- ie .03% of the population. And that's with inflated numbers of people who died with Covid rather than from it so assuming 6% of that and we're at .0018% death rate. The threat doesn't support the damage that the government is doing with their response.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:40 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Currently salons/barbershops are only allowed to start providing haircuts outside in San Francisco, as of this past Tuesday. Last I heard, on the news last night, indoor may be allowed by end of this month.........
Okay, that changes the story. The local media gave me incorrect information.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:58 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No. Almost no one in this country is aware of “the whole story” anymore since Steve Bannon, Trump and company launched their “flood the zone with sh*t” campaign ... which all for-profit media is delighted to cover 24/7.

CYA damage control? Sure. Commonplace. And yet, like her or not, Pelosi is anything but stupid. She may be the least likely person in contemporary politics to make a sneaky rookie gambling error.

The point really is: though invited to be “the sole inside customer” of a salon, and in spite of rules changing constantly which could confuse or fool anybody, she was advised to wear a mask anyway - which she in fact did - except for the rule-allowed wash minutes.

This is stupid finger-wagging.
Did you think you found some hidden information about this story that wasn't already in much of the news stories about this or something? They mentioned that in the first story I read about it.

You can go ahead and believe her little PR spin for partisan purposes but no reasonable person buys that. For being Speaker of the House and 3rd in line to the presidency you would think she would have some idea what's going on in her district and state in regards to a national pandemic. The rules aren't "constantly" changing that much as the ban on indoor hair saloons has been in effect statewide for over a month. If she truly wasn't aware it just shows she's not really even paying attention. Either that or she is trying to be sneaky and think the rules don't apply to her. I'm going with the latter because like you said she's anything but stupid.

Even if it's stupid "finger wagging" she deserves to get roasted for it.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:28 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Did you think you found some hidden information about this story that wasn't already in much of the news stories about this or something? They mentioned that in the first story I read about it.

You can go ahead and believe her little PR spin for partisan purposes but no reasonable person buys that. For being Speaker of the House and 3rd in line to the presidency you would think she would have some idea what's going on in her district and state in regards to a national pandemic. The rules aren't "constantly" changing that much as the ban on indoor hair saloons has been in effect statewide for over a month. If she truly wasn't aware it just shows she's not really even paying attention. Either that or she is trying to be sneaky and think the rules don't apply to her. I'm going with the latter because like you said she's anything but stupid.

Did I think I found some hidden information about this story that wasn't already in much of the news stories about this or something? Umm, no ... which is exactly why I am ridiculing those of you who ridicule her over this. The real story is right there for anyone “reasonable” to see: there is no story worth reading into it.

No “reasonable person” would gobble this down as you apparently have. Though you have been unreasonable at times before, I generally consider you above this kind of total crap dog-pile.

She “deserves to get roasted” for bs, if it is? Did you really write that?

Old 09-02-2020, 02:32 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:

She’s not an idiot. She knew what she was doing and got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Simple as that.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:34 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Did I think I found some hidden information about this story that wasn't already in much of the news stories about this or something? Umm, no ... which is exactly why I am ridiculing those of you who ridicule her over this. The real story is right there for anyone “reasonable” to see: there is no story worth reading into it.

No “reasonable person” would gobble this down as you apparently have. Though you have been unreasonable at times before, I generally consider you above this kind of total crap dog-pile.

She “deserves to get roasted” for bs, if it is? Did you really write that?
Why? Because we don't buy her PR spin like you do?

The real story here is she doesn't think the rules apply to her. Terrible example to set for your constituents and the nation. Not sure how you don't see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California