Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 09:17 AM

26,592 posts, read 26,472,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
....And also what's not allowed, or appropriate, is for her to have her germs blown all over the room with the hair dryer, which is one of the reasons indoor hair styling has been forbidden.
Yet for four months, the salon owner has been in violation of the rules for hair salons.

Less than two hours later (after salon owner Kious spoke to the media), Jonathan DeNardo, the stylist who blew out Pelosi’s hair, released a statement through an attorney contradicting Kious.

The statement says the law firm is in possession of photographs and videotape that show that Kious has been operating her salon in violation of state and local restrictions since April. The statement also says that Kious authorized Pelosi coming to the salon for her blow out, and that she was critical of the House speaker because she erroneously believed Pelosi was behind the restrictions that shut down her salon. (The rules were put in place by Gov. Gavin Newsom and San Francisco Mayor London Breed.)

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...out-salon-mask

Old 09-03-2020, 09:36 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,389,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Why should she take responsibility for a set up from opposing forces?

I don't know, man. This is what CNN reported:

Quote:
Pelosi's staff said the speaker has a regular stylist who typically goes to Pelosi's house to do her hair. But that person was not available on Monday so referred Pelosi's staff to a stylist at eSalon because it is where Pelosi's regular stylist used to work.

Doesn't really sound like a set up to me if her regular stylist suggested she go there. Also, how about just waiting for that regular one to be available for another home visit? Lot's of people have gone months without getting their hair done. Would it threaten the health and well-being of the rich and connected to do the same? Would Pelosi not be able to do her job in congress if her hairdo was off a bit?

It's much ado about nothing, but I don't see a set up here. Just bad judgment on the part of a high profile official.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:45 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,389,777 times
In spite of being off the state's watchlist or being a fuschia color county on the silly new chart, San Diego State just shut down all of it's in-person classes because of an outbreak.

We will never get back to full business at this rate. SD county is doing better than any other one comprised of major metro areas, yet we still can't achieve normalcy. It's time to find a new approach to this.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:15 AM

26,592 posts, read 26,472,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
I don't see a set up here. Just bad judgment on the part of a high profile official.
Scroll back. "The statement also says that Kious authorized Pelosi coming to the salon for her blow out, and that she was critical of the House speaker because she erroneously believed Pelosi was behind the restrictions that shut down her salon." - article linked in post #3964

Old 09-03-2020, 10:42 AM

18,964 posts, read 32,437,457 times
Quote:
Bs sav. Your average California citizen isn’t 3rd in line to the national presidency. Very few people in the state have anywhere near the complexities of duties and schedules. That's just weak ...

Why should she take responsibility for a set up from opposing forces?

Hogwash.
So just is serfs/peasants needs to be aware of the laws? Certainly not Lord Pelosi who helps craft them and is close to the governor of our state. What a feudalistic mentality you got going there lol.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:17 AM

21,592 posts, read 16,091,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So just is serfs/peasants needs to be aware of the laws? Certainly not Lord Pelosi who helps craft them and is close to the governor of our state. What a feudalistic mentality you got going there lol.
Stop being silly, sav. There are so many rules and regulations in flux no one can be on top of them all unless it is a primary function or obsession to be so. I agreed there was a failure on the part of Pelosi’s retinue ... but failures happen to the best of people from time to time ... and Pelosi has admitted that. The key issue to consider in this, as in all cases of similar failure, is whether there is a pattern of cavalier behavior and defiance. Pelosi is among the nation’s most aware of the power and costs / advantages of appearances. And in this case you can be sure she didn’t set her own appointment, but had it handled by staff - who are getting reamed for this error.

The story has unfolded further overnight. The stylist has issued a statement supporting Pelosi’s accusation of set-up by the salon owner. The stylist confirms that the salon owner was notified days in advance and approved the appointment - while (the owner) also expressing clear and vituperative anger aimed at Pelosi for being part of the machine that essentially shut down the salon’s business for these months.

Then we see that within hours of the brouhaha going to the media and public, the salon owner appears on Tucker Carlson's show of all ideologically obvious places antagonistic to Pelosi and favoring Trump.

This was an opportunist’s dream to seize. What a set up ....

Old 09-03-2020, 11:22 AM

21,592 posts, read 16,091,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
I don't know, man. This is what CNN reported:

Doesn't really sound like a set up to me if her regular stylist suggested she go there. Also, how about just waiting for that regular one to be available for another home visit? Lot's of people have gone months without getting their hair done. Would it threaten the health and well-being of the rich and connected to do the same? Would Pelosi not be able to do her job in congress if her hairdo was off a bit?

It's much ado about nothing, but I don't see a set up here. Just bad judgment on the part of a high profile official.
You seem to not have followed the story fully as it has played out.

It IS much ado about nothing. What prompted me to dissect this farce is the way so many people jump on these farcical bs dramas, rather than dig a minute to laugh at the vacuousness of charges.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:42 PM

42,743 posts, read 25,909,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I can't see why, after her hair was washed, she couldn't put her mask back on. And somebody was walking in her wake, presumably an employee at the salon or part of her security team. And also what's not allowed, or appropriate, is for her to have her germs blown all over the room with the hair dryer, which is one of the reasons indoor hair styling has been forbidden.
What threat was she causing walking across that room without a mask? I'm quite sure she put the mask back on before she had contact with the stylist. I wouldn't put so much into this, it was a crummy setup by a salon owner who somehow thought it was her fault that salons are closed.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:47 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,111,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What threat was she causing walking across that room without a mask? I'm quite sure she put the mask back on before she had contact with the stylist. I wouldn't put so much into this, it was a crummy setup by a salon owner who somehow thought it was her fault that salons are closed.

It will play well politically and that is what it was designed to do. Why she did and the fact that she got her hair done is irrelevant.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:47 PM

18,964 posts, read 32,437,457 times
Quote:
Stop being silly, sav. There are so many rules and regulations in flux no one can be on top of them all unless it is a primary function or obsession to be so. I agreed there was a failure on the part of Pelosi’s retinue ... but failures happen to the best of people from time to time ... and Pelosi has admitted that. The key issue to consider in this, as in all cases of similar failure, is whether there is a pattern of cavalier behavior and defiance. Pelosi is among the nation’s most aware of the power and costs / advantages of appearances. And in this case you can be sure she didn’t set her own appointment, but had it handled by staff - who are getting reamed for this error.

The story has unfolded further overnight. The stylist has issued a statement supporting Pelosi’s accusation of set-up by the salon owner. The stylist confirms that the salon owner was notified days in advance and approved the appointment - while (the owner) also expressing clear and vituperative anger aimed at Pelosi for being part of the machine that essentially shut down the salon’s business for these months.

Then we see that within hours of the brouhaha going to the media and public, the salon owner appears on Tucker Carlson's show of all ideologically obvious places antagonistic to Pelosi and favoring Trump.

This was an opportunist’s dream to seize. What a set up ....
This isn't some minor or obscure law/regulation. These are restrictions that are severely impacting and upending peoples livelihoods. You don't think she should be aware that kids in her district can't even attend school in-person right now? Like I said, low standards....

Being allegedly set up by some some supposed partisan salon owner doesn't excuse her being completely oblivious to the major life-altering restrictions her constituents are under right now. She already comes off as out off touch (think of her $12 pints of ice cream in front of her $10K freezer), this certainly just helps confirm it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California