Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 03:21 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I get it. The "devil made her do it"? Or she was forced at gunpoint to go for a haircut?
Your by-line self describes you as a “contrarian free-thinker”. “Non-thinker” is more apt, I'd say. Read the full story. See if it stimulates real thought.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:27 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Your by-line self describes you as a “contrarian free-thinker”. “Non-thinker” is more apt, I'd say. Read the full story. See if it stimulates real thought.
Spare me the suspense. What's your point?

Edit: After reading the article my reaction is still the same. She wanted and obtained an illicit service.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:52 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
This gets funnier by the post ... wtf do school closures have in common with hair salons? Ans: nothing. One is a Major issue, from coast to coast (that would be schools) ... the other is one of dozens of minor inconvenience aggravations with closures some places and openings in other jurisdictions just across a street from each other as well as mere miles away (that would be getting an ‘effing haircut). So, would I expect Pelosi and staff to be likely aware of school status yet possibly misinformed about something as minor and variable as getting a haircut this week in one town where some couldn’t last week down the road (but which just opened up to everyone as of yesterday)? Um, yeah.

“Oblivious to major life-altering restrictions”??? What? Haircuts? You got to be kidding.

“Low standards”? Lmmfao. Low standards is rushing to judgement without establishing full story facts and without establishing any pattern of abuse of power.

As I have said repeatedly: exactly why I am jumping in and enjoying this silly controversy. Lazy, shallow intellectual vacuousness. Finger pointing and waving to express general frustration with the temporary inconveniences we all are adjusting around.
They are part of all the same COVID health order(s) that we are all familiarized with. THAT's WHAT. Not sure how that wasn't blatantly obvious. But of course according to you only us serfs need to be aware of them, not Lord Pelosi....

Last edited by sav858; 09-03-2020 at 04:01 PM..

Old 09-03-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:

So what if Don Lemon jumped the shark, like you? He’s your Oracle? Lol.
You mean he's not a partisan (he might be, I don't know as I don't watch him) and will hold politicians accountable like a responsible citizen should? But you really showed us with that why you're really arguing here; you need to defend/protect "your side". "Jumped shark, like you" lol.... Pelosi did damage to the democrats/left and helped Trump and the republicans whether you want to admit that or not. And more importantly did damage to helping people follow guidance/orders to contain/suppress COVID. Why that is okay with your or anyone else that supports her is beyond me.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Spare me the suspense. What's your point?

Edit: After reading the article my reaction is still the same. She wanted and obtained an illicit service.
Getting a hair wash / cut / style is not “illicit”. You are in New York, I believe? Perhaps you are not aware that barbers and salons in various counties in California are not all operating under the same temporary and changing guidelines.

If you read more than one account of the controversy you have the opportunity to learn that:

1. Pelosi normally gets her hair done at her home ... which is legal, everywhere.

2. When her regular stylist was unavailable, he (the stylist) referred Pelosi’s staff to the salon where he previously worked (and she had been to numerous times) as being available.

3. The salon stylist responded to Pelosi’s staff that he was allowed under local regulations to do her hair as the only customer in the salon - which he would arrange. (This was not, in fact allowed under city regulation ... and therein lies the error attributable to both the stylist and Pelosi’s staff setting the appointment. However, changing regulations for barbers and hair salons in different counties had just occurred, leaving open the possibility of simple misunderstanding.) (For example: in some counties, such as LA I believe, salons had just been cleared to open ... in San Francisco where this occurred, barbers were opened but salons only for outdoor services. )

4. The salon stylist then called the salon owner to request permission and confirm appointment time ... more than 2 days in advance.

5. The salon owner - a registered republican, on record as “vitriolically” angry at Pelosi, blaming her (Pelosi) specifically for the state and local regulations that shut down salons (Pelosi had nothing to do with crafting the local regulations, ... in fact, they were done by the governor and SF mayor’s offices) - had been operating illegally since the shut down, including performing appointments without masking herself, and responded by further expressing her hate for Pelosi, yet agreeing with the appointment.

6. The salon owner did not tell the stylist to inform Pelosi’s staff that the salon was closed by regulation, nor contact Pelosi’s staff herself, nor contact any other authority to protest. ... UNTIL after the appointment at which time she went to media, video in hand ... and appeared with Tucker Carlson the next day to further excoriate Pelosi.

7. Pelosi DID wear a mask throughout the appointment EXCEPT for the hair washing, as allowed by regulations. The video of her maskless showed her walking from wash chair to styling chair, where she reset her mask.

I seem to recall you saying you are an attorney (in New York) in other posts, other forums? If that is a correct recollection, your lack of objective fact-finding makes me wince for your clients.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:13 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
After reading the article my reaction is still the same. She wanted and obtained an illicit service.
How was it an "illicit service"?

"This business offered for the speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business," Hammill said. "The speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/polit...lon/index.html

Old 09-03-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They are part of all the same COVID health order(s) that we are all familiarized with. THAT's WHAT. Not sure how that wasn't blatantly obvious. But of course according to you only us serfs need to be aware of them, not Lord Pelosi....
Utter bs. We are NOT “all familiar with all“ these many changing regulations. Confusion about what’s open in which counties is not uncommon and expressed even today in this thread.

What you should be aware of is the shallow blame game you have joined.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You mean he's not a partisan (he might be, I don't know as I don't watch him) and will hold politicians accountable like a responsible citizen should? But you really showed us with that why you're really arguing here; you need to defend/protect "your side". "Jumped shark, like you" lol.... Pelosi did damage to the democrats/left and helped Trump and the republicans whether you want to admit that or not. And more importantly did damage to helping people follow guidance/orders to contain/suppress COVID. Why that is okay with your or anyone else that supports her is beyond me.
I don’t watch Lemon either. But he’s got to be partisan (democrat) to have his position at that station at that time slot.

“My side”? I don’t have a “side” other than facts. Which you are trying to avoid.

The salon owner is a registered republican, with an expired cosmetology license, who’s been operating illegally for months, who is on record as a Pelosi hater, who authorized her stylist tenant to bring Pelosi in for the appointment and then grabbed video clip of the seconds where Pelosi takes steps unmasked before replacing mask and ran with the opportunity to Tucker Carlson of all people.

I don’t deny the gift this is to Trump. Au contraire. I choose to demonstrate how hasty, shallow, intellectual laziness and grumpiness creates these controversies into cudgels. And you’re guilty along with the Trump minions, in spite of your dislike for him and his administration.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Utter bs. We are NOT “all familiar with all“ these many changing regulations. Confusion about what’s open in which counties is not uncommon and expressed even today in this thread.

What you should be aware of is the shallow blame game you have joined.
Disagree, for the most part we are because most of them affect our daily lives. People use barbershops/salons quite often so that is one almost everyone who doesn't shave their own head is familiar with by now.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I don’t watch Lemon either. But he’s got to be partisan (democrat) to have his position at that station at that time slot.

“My side”? I don’t have a “side” other than facts. Which you are trying to avoid.

The salon owner is a registered republican, with an expired cosmetology license, who’s been operating illegally for months, who is on record as a Pelosi hater, who authorized her stylist tenant to bring Pelosi in for the appointment and then grabbed video clip of the seconds where Pelosi takes steps unmasked before replacing mask and ran with the opportunity to Tucker Carlson of all people.

I don’t deny the gift this is to Trump. Au contraire. I choose to demonstrate how hasty, shallow, intellectual laziness and grumpiness creates these controversies into cudgels. And you’re guilty along with the Trump minions, in spite of your dislike for him and his administration.
You can say you don't have a "side" but it certainly appears you do based on your posts.

Ok then not sure why that does't bother you. I'd prefer not to give Trump and republicans anything that would help them. She deserves to be lambasted for being so stupid, especially at a crucial time like this with the election and pandemic. Why don't you want to hold her accountable for such a dumb mistake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California