Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2020, 08:16 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,383,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
For schools the biggest difficulty is compulsory attendance, funding, as well as necessary staff to run schools. Meaning if schools were to open fully students, teachers, and other support staff may have no choice but to go to school due to state funding rules, the rules that once strictly required students to be in their seat for the school to receive funding, which is why schools were so insisting student attend in person as much as possible that is until COVID19 blew in.

Errr... yeah, no. After covid19 blew in and schools went to virtual settings, the manner in which attendance counts are made changed with it, including title 1 funding and all that. There's no push to go back to in-person schooling just to meet these mandates. In fact, tons of figuring has gone into how not to have to force staff back to work as districts adopt possible hybrid learning programs etc. One of the biggest concerns in weighing the hows of a safe reopening was exactly not to create a situation where the most vulnerable people, be it staff or student, *have* to be on campus. I've posted comprehensive links to this somewhere in this thread.

There was never a point where school districts here in California needed to get back to in-person classes because funding was threatened.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:24 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 10 days ago)

34,416 posts, read 16,510,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
There was never a point where school districts here in California needed to get back to in-person classes because funding was threatened.
They need that, for another reason; to educate children. I wonder if the school lockdown artists will find abused children to turn over to Child Protective Services.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:38 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,364,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes its lower by how much I do not know. Still seems to pose a risk.

Eh you can over clean/disinfect too much that could lead to superbugs too.
Heh, reminds me of this:

George Carlin on Germs (profanity warning....come on it's George Carlin...you know how it's gonna be)

Old 09-17-2020, 08:55 PM

4,224 posts, read 1,580,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
When you appeal to authority continuously and your only achievement is being a proud tool of Central Bankers, it's safe to assume intelligence might be correlated to the type of education one receives. Then again, appealing to authority when it suits yourself is the perfect description of the California forum.

Am I being detained officer?
No, you’re being called out on your bull****.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:04 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,108,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Heh, reminds me of this:

George Carlin on Germs (profanity warning....come on it's George Carlin...you know how it's gonna be)

You should have included a warning that watching this video might result in uncontrollable laughter.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:38 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,383,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
They need that, for another reason; to educate children.

I've yet to meet a person who disagrees with that, so sure.
Fake school (aka distance learning) is just a stopgap measure.

Old 09-18-2020, 01:27 AM

6,602 posts, read 4,811,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You guys are hilarious. Once again: the decision to categorize isn’t made in consideration of minor, secondary vectors. It is made first based on primary vector presence. If you can’t solve for that, you don’t get an exception. Period.

Not sure why you keep trying to downplay or deny that.

As wac pointed out, initial reaction was to close everything and command disinfection of surfaces. As more was learned, the focus turned to airborne transmission as BY FAR the primary vector. This doesn’t mean stop disinfecting surfaces. It means: if you can’t solve the BY FAR primary vector issue - you got nothing special to set you apart.

“Old school barber”? Lmfao. Tell me how “new school barbers” do different than what I described. They disinfect styling TOOLS. Period. They don’t clean their shops like a hospital operating room. They don’t “scrub” like operating room doctors and nurses. They don’t change smocks and suits for each customer. Etc.

Cut the crap.
Many barbers do more than cut and style hair. Furthermore, this isn't much about what they do, it is about how they think and what they would do. If specific rules are issued and to be enforced by the government or the board, most of them will take it very seriously. Medical mindset, whether you believe it or not. Someone who is not fastidious probably would quickly exit the business, if having made it through tougher training than decades ago. I have seen curricula, even before the pandemic.

Old 09-18-2020, 01:34 AM

19,104 posts, read 16,474,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Heh, reminds me of this:

George Carlin on Germs
He was one of my favorite comedians. He always managed to tell the truth but leave you laughing. Imagine, he died in 2008 and what he's talking about then is exactly what we're living with today. Thanks for the laugh

Old 09-18-2020, 09:26 AM

26,577 posts, read 26,445,339 times
Six months later, we’ve learned a lot about how SARS-CoV-2 spreads.... Here are the three primary pathways of transmission, and what experts know about them six months in.

Surfaces don’t seem to matter as much as originally thought

Close range droplets are the new leading theory

Aerosol transmission has gradually gained acceptance

The Most Likely Way You’ll Get Infected With Covid-19:
https://elemental.medium.com/the-mos...9-30430384e5a5

Old 09-18-2020, 09:43 AM

3,334 posts, read 2,258,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Errr... yeah, no. After covid19 blew in and schools went to virtual settings, the manner in which attendance counts are made changed with it, including title 1 funding and all that. There's no push to go back to in-person schooling just to meet these mandates. In fact, tons of figuring has gone into how not to have to force staff back to work as districts adopt possible hybrid learning programs etc. One of the biggest concerns in weighing the hows of a safe reopening was exactly not to create a situation where the most vulnerable people, be it staff or student, *have* to be on campus. I've posted comprehensive links to this somewhere in this thread.

I do understand under the emergency they started by waving days. And then doing online education.Not exactly funding is threatened. Though from what I heard in person costs more per pupil than online. Thats probably whats holding them back from offering in person learning if they cannot have all students back. Its emotional as many teachers and parents may not want to expose themselves to danger. Thats what I think it is, though some schools with hybrid option for this coming school year from what I known parents have to make the difficult decision before school begins of being in person classroom whenever school is open or online all the time for their kids. It appears it would be very difficult to change mind after making such a decision. Thats what the emotions are all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California