Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2020, 04:13 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
There are number of diners in Oroville that are defying the state & letting people in for indoor dining. They may as well, the air quality outside is dreadful
Can't say as I fault them. It's getting to the point where you wonder which will kill you first. If the proprietors of those places are staying within the guidelines, there's no reason not to open up to customers.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:34 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
“Nobody wants to spend the next four years with what they hoped would be their college lives in their grandmother’s attic with an iPad, looking at lectures on Zoom.”

UC San Diego tries to avoid the coronavirus chaos that has upended San Diego State:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...fight-covid-19

Old 09-22-2020, 09:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Can't say as I fault them. It's getting to the point where you wonder which will kill you first. If the proprietors of those places are staying within the guidelines, there's no reason not to open up to customers.
I realize AR is very different from CA but studies here have shown, less than 5% of those who have tested positive in the past few months had dined out in an inside restaurant. It sorta says, maybe it doesn't affect that many and will save some sanity. So far we have been dining in for about 3 months and no one we know has come down with COVID even though most of us are in the age group over 70.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:07 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
“Nobody wants to spend the next four years with what they hoped would be their college lives in their grandmother’s attic with an iPad, looking at lectures on Zoom.”

UC San Diego tries to avoid the coronavirus chaos that has upended San Diego State:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...fight-covid-19
“Despite reputation to the contrary, I don’t think UCSD and SDSU students are very different,”

Yes they are and that will make a difference imo. Plus the campus is a lot more spread out and spacious.

Old 09-22-2020, 10:20 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Most COVID-19 cases now are happening like this, though in the particular story it's unclear if any transmission happened. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pa...?ocid=msedgdhp

Old 09-22-2020, 10:41 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
“Despite reputation to the contrary, I don’t think UCSD and SDSU students are very different,”

Yes they are and that will make a difference imo. Plus the campus is a lot more spread out and spacious.
They are not really any different. They are people and they come from all obverse. Neither better nor worse. Dorms and partying are a problem not how spread out a campus is.

Old 09-22-2020, 10:55 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
They are not really any different. They are people and they come from all obverse. Neither better nor worse. Dorms and partying are a problem not how spread out a campus is.
And that's exactly how they are different; UCSD (UC Socially Dead) kids don't party in general, certainly not like State kids. The types of students that attend each university is pretty different imo, I think UCSD kids will be more cautious. And the dorms at UCSD are spread out all across campus in multiple colleges. And it's that way by design too; too prevent too much social interaction. They are more clustered at SDSU.

Old 09-22-2020, 11:15 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
At some point, they don't have anything to lose. What's the worst thing that can happen if faced with going out of business or being threatened to be shut down? When the outcomes are the same, the state/county/city/whoever have zero leverage.
Funny you posted this. I read an article this morning with a quote from one business owner in San Diego who refuses to close. She said she doesn’t care about consequences. She said anything is just an idle threat at this point.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:08 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
And that's exactly how they are different; UCSD (UC Socially Dead) kids don't party in general, certainly not like State kids. The types of students that attend each university is pretty different imo, I think UCSD kids will be more cautious. And the dorms at UCSD are spread out all across campus in multiple colleges. And it's that way by design too; too prevent too much social interaction. They are more clustered at SDSU.
Can't argue with this observation. I went to state and we made the stickers SUDS. Total party town. It's changed but still...

Old 09-22-2020, 01:54 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
I did a little research on this and you are basically right. They do have a few regular parties, but not open ones. They do party off campus, but no data on that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UCSD/commen...0/party_scene/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California