Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2020, 09:09 PM

1,156 posts, read 979,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Because they can't be compared to this.

As Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and others have said, COVID-19 is deadlier than the flu. It’s deadlier for young adults. It’s deadlier for older adults. In China, early data shows that it was 10 times deadlier. This chart from Business Insider compares U.S. flu deaths to deaths in China from COVID-19.

This Coronavirus Is Unlike Anything in Our Lifetime:
https://www.propublica.org/article/t...-it-to-the-flu

No, Coronavirus Isn't 'Just Like The Flu'. Here Are The Very Important Differences:
https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new...hing-in-common
Thanks for the articles. I hope most of us know by now this is worse than the flu, but still compare H1N1, or as Biden said last night N1H1, that killed 12,400 Americans and impacted young kids much more and sickened 55M Americans. Again, I wonder why all the media madness and schools shutting down. Maybe they want to actually avoid what happened with the swine flu and should really stop bashing Trump for this. I don’t like Trump, but CNN to this day is still talking about Trump. Get over it already.

After Biden spoke of This last night, he immediately went into what a wonderful job he did with Ebola. Sorry, Corona is not like Ebola at all. So maybe, just maybe, they don’t want Corona to balloon like the swine flu did and no one seems to care and just continue to praise the Obama administration and bash Trump.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009..._across_the_US

Old 03-16-2020, 09:18 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,237,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Interesting articles, CA4Now. The second one seemed a little over the top for me since the author stated that many people who contract the Coronavirus recover before they find out they even had it. I've had the flu, many years ago, and I felt like a truck ran over me and then backed up.

Further, the majority of people that have died are older with immune systems that are already compromised. I think that point needs to be reported more than it is because people are becoming overly frightened by it.

Another point I found interesting are seen in the last two sentences of the article.

Wash your hands, people! And for the love of pete, cover your bleepin' mouth when you cough or sneeze. Practice better hygiene and you (generally speaking not you specfic CA4Now) might not catch it.
There’s a couple of guys at work that I regularly see do their business in the restroom and walk out without washing their hands.

Old 03-16-2020, 09:18 PM

21,605 posts, read 16,097,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Like internet police “fact checkers”believe what they post is more factual than others. Only the police can bend the truth. What gives them the qualifications to be “fact checkers” more than others. That they can sit on their high horse and look down upon every other poster on city data at least in the California forum. Like If only their info/links are true everyone else’s link is false.
Listen ‘advocate’ ... it only takes about half the brains god gave a gnat to grasp when multi sources provided are credible. Unless a reader is an ideologue, which creatures can rarely if ever accept what they find unpalatable.

You shoot off claims about things like mortality factors in primitive peoples without knowing what you are talking about ... then run into someone who can quote known science to demonstrate your errors of thinking. Your response? Attack the fact checkers as “truth benders” because you’ve got nothing else ... Lo ‘effing L.

That said, if you can’t prove your points with science and logic, maybe you should stop advancing vacuous theories. If you could prevail - you would.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:01 PM

19,115 posts, read 16,499,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
There’s a couple of guys at work that I regularly see do their business in the restroom and walk out without washing their hands.
Ewwww, that's what I'm talking about. Disgusting. Blech Even worse when they work in the restaurant industry.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:26 PM

1,156 posts, read 979,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Ewwww, that's what I'm talking about. Disgusting. Blech Even worse when they work in the restaurant industry.
Yuk. Reminds me of Poppie from Seinfeld.

https://youtu.be/f27Yzpz7cMg

Old 03-16-2020, 10:44 PM

395 posts, read 435,825 times
Stay strong and healthy, California. You've got this, and the nation is rooting for you.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:04 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I think we all see too much of this. I know on cruise ships which is our favorite vacation time, we see, in the gals restrooms women not wash their hands all the time or if they do, they simply turn the water on, stick hands in water and that is it. Do people pay any attention to what they are hearing about sanitation? of course on the other hand we have the germaphobes. (spelling)My younger daughter is one of them and she drives me nuts.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:15 AM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think we all see too much of this. I know on cruise ships which is our favorite vacation time, we see, in the gals restrooms women not wash their hands all the time or if they do, they simply turn the water on, stick hands in water and that is it. Do people pay any attention to what they are hearing about sanitation?
Wow, nita. You'd think that these people would change their habits now. I read that since the air on cruise ship cabins is recirculated constantly, passengers are highly susceptible to all these viruses. (It also seems as if air travel would be even more dangerous now.)

This article is from the novirus in 2014: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...science-virus/

Old 03-17-2020, 06:43 AM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Thanks for the articles. I hope most of us know by now this is worse than the flu, but still compare H1N1, or as Biden said last night N1H1, that killed 12,400 Americans and impacted young kids much more and sickened 55M Americans.
Here's an article from last month explaining the way the coronavirus mutates, and how it's different than other highly contagious viruses such as HIV and Ebola.

The new coronavirus has an HIV-like mutation that means its ability to bind with human cells could be up to 1,000 times as strong as the Sars virus, according to new research by scientists in China and Europe.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...scientists-say

Old 03-17-2020, 07:46 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,777,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
If anyone is interested, you can purchase Gary Null's webinar, "Digital Recording of LIVE Webinar with Dr. Gary Null: Tips To Help Minimize Exposure to the Coronavirus,"...

Gary Null does add that there is no reason to panic.
I used to listen to him on KPFK on the old overnight show, mainly because I was up and he wasn't Art Bell. But I got tired of his vitriol against drinking coffee. Coffee is my last remaining vice and I don't want to hear how bad it is for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California